Start by marking “Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life” as Want to Read:

Beloved Food Network personality, restaurateur, and author Paula Deen loves a party, and in her latest book, Paula Deen Celebrates!, Paula shares with fans old and new how she celebrates a year's worth of holidays and special occasions. Now anyone can share in the down-home celebrations Paula, her husband, Michael, their kids, and extended family enjoy at their beautiful h ...more
Published November 1st 2007 by Simon Schuster (first published October 10th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Paula Deen Celebrates!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paula Deen Celebrates!

Liz
Oct 06, 2008 Liz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Liz by: amazon, those bastards!
Shelves: cookbooks
There is so much nasty stuff in here!! The crab and spinach casserole was disgusting (and expensive). So much of this food is ridiculously impractical, at least for me (oyster-stuffed quail, oxtails), over-the-top-fatty (whipping-cream grits, creamy cabbage with bacon and whipping cream, sausage casserole, peanut butter ice cream, and KRISPY KREME bread pudding!) or gimmicky (a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich to celebrate Elvis's birthday.)

Generally, Paul Deen goes overboard dumping cans
Amy "the book-bat"
May 21, 2011 Amy "the book-bat" rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
This cookbook is set up by menu for each celebration. The basics are here, starting with New Year's and including Valentine's Day and Christmas, but there are some a little less typical, such as Elvis's birthday. The recipes seem to be easy to make and most of the dishes sound pretty good. I think this will be a fun book to cook out of. I like how Paula included her "Pearls of Wisdom" for each menu and how there are also decorating tips from her assistant throughout the book.
Melanie
Aug 09, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it's difficult to accurately rate a cookbook...because I am the pickiest eater in the world, I wouldn't eat many of her recipes, but I am definitely NOT the best judge. Everything she makes on her show looks REALLY good, even if I don't like what's in it. All in all, I think Paula Deen is awesome, and I love her cookbooks.
Mychael-Ann
Nov 17, 2008 Mychael-Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second Paula Deen cookbook I've found - I'm addicted to used book sales! I love her recipes. They aren't the good-for-you recipes to make everyday, but when you want some REAL comfort food, this is your woman.
Angela
May 05, 2009 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cooks
I love cookbooks, and I like Paula Deen, so of course I have to have her cookbooks
Amy
Aug 02, 2007 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookingstuff
Haven't used this one as much as my other PD cookbooks... but maybe that will change. Lots of recipes that sound good and fattening... but just no occasion to use most yet...
Gina R
Jun 07, 2008 Gina R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: southern cooks
Shelves: cookbooks
Great for planning parties for ANY occasion. Including Elvis' birthday! No kidding!
Vanessa
Jun 04, 2008 Vanessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: folks who like to eat and cook
My friend Cassie bought this for my birthday and I LOVE it. Paula Deen looks like my mother-in-law too.
Bridget
May 12, 2008 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun cookbook. This is an autographed copy.
Sherri Wright
I love all these recipes. I have to be careful though, some have lots and lots of butter!
Terrie
Dec 04, 2015 Terrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Love looking for ideas for holiday and special occasion meals. Being from Georgia always looking for great southern food.
Gerry
Feb 28, 2009 Gerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
tried a few recipes- like Mardi Gras King Cake, yum- can hear her drawl as I read the recipes
Amy :)
Nov 13, 2011 Amy :) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great easy to follow recipes. Loved the stories behind all of the celebrations. Made the enchiladas and green chile squares- yummy!
Kymberly
Jul 01, 2013 Kymberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and cannot wait to make more meals with these recipes! Having a barbeque this weekend and going to use a few of these! I love me some Paula Deen!!
Lauren
Not as good as some other chefs.
Rita
Jul 27, 2012 Rita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
always a celebration with Paul's. I don't fret about butter or calories when it comes to holidays so this book is perfect!
Shirley
Feb 09, 2010 Shirley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, 2012
Like most cookbooks I found a few recipes that I will make and love. Wishing there had been more for my kind of enjoyment.
Julianne
Mar 21, 2012 Julianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
I have made several recipes from this one - all good. Only downside is not hardly any pictures.
Yvonna
Jul 19, 2014 Yvonna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Deen's recipes are always comforting, and the celebrations concept of this cookbook make it more interesting.
Brandon
May 28, 2009 Brandon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Use it all the time.
Robin Hohlweck
Nov 03, 2007 Robin Hohlweck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The recipes that I have tried are amazing, especially the shrimp salad and chocolate trifle.
Lily
Lily rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2015
Karen Hansen
Karen Hansen rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Melissa A. May
Melissa A. May rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
Lubna Niazi
Lubna Niazi rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2016
Docshorty9zoominternet.net
Docshorty9zoominternet.net rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2009
Cassie Vanosten
Cassie Vanosten rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Heather Blood
Heather Blood rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2008
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Rachael Ray 2, 4, 6, 8: Great Meals for Couples or Crowds
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • The Comfort Table
  • Louisiana Real and Rustic
  • Quick Fix Meals: 200 Simple, Delicious Recipes to Make Mealtime Eas
  • Food Network Favorites
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and Would-be Southerners
  • Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen
  • Michael Symon's Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen
  • What Can I Bring? Cookbook (Cake Mix Doctor)
  • Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook
  • Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics
  • Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours
Paula Deen (born Paula Ann Hiers) is an American cook, restaurateur, author, actress and Emmy Award-winning television personality.

Deen resides in Savannah, Georgia, where she owns and operates The Lady & Sons restaurant with her sons, Jamie and Bobby Deen. She has also published five cookbooks. Though married in 2004 to Michael Anthony Groover, she continues to use the surname Deen from her f
More about Paula H. Deen...