Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  393 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Beloved Food Network personality, restaurateur, and author Paula Deen loves a party, and in her latest book, Paula Deen Celebrates!, Paula shares with fans old and new how she celebrates a year's worth of holidays and special occasions. Now anyone can share in the down-home celebrations Paula, her husband, Michael, their kids, and extended family enjoy at their beautiful h...more
Published November 1st 2007 by Simon & Schuster (first published October 10th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Paula Deen Celebrates!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paula Deen Celebrates!

Liz
Oct 06, 2008 Liz rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Liz by: amazon, those bastards!
Shelves: cookbooks
There is so much nasty stuff in here!! The crab and spinach casserole was disgusting (and expensive). So much of this food is ridiculously impractical, at least for me (oyster-stuffed quail, oxtails), over-the-top-fatty (whipping-cream grits, creamy cabbage with bacon and whipping cream, sausage casserole, peanut butter ice cream, and KRISPY KREME bread pudding!) or gimmicky (a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich to celebrate Elvis's birthday.)

Generally, Paul Deen goes overboard dumping cans...more
Yvonna
Deen's recipes are always comforting, and the celebrations concept of this cookbook make it more interesting.
Amy
This cookbook is set up by menu for each celebration. The basics are here, starting with New Year's and including Valentine's Day and Christmas, but there are some a little less typical, such as Elvis's birthday. The recipes seem to be easy to make and most of the dishes sound pretty good. I think this will be a fun book to cook out of. I like how Paula included her "Pearls of Wisdom" for each menu and how there are also decorating tips from her assistant throughout the book.
Melanie
I think it's difficult to accurately rate a cookbook...because I am the pickiest eater in the world, I wouldn't eat many of her recipes, but I am definitely NOT the best judge. Everything she makes on her show looks REALLY good, even if I don't like what's in it. All in all, I think Paula Deen is awesome, and I love her cookbooks.
Mychael-Ann
This is the second Paula Deen cookbook I've found - I'm addicted to used book sales! I love her recipes. They aren't the good-for-you recipes to make everyday, but when you want some REAL comfort food, this is your woman.
Amy
Haven't used this one as much as my other PD cookbooks... but maybe that will change. Lots of recipes that sound good and fattening... but just no occasion to use most yet...
Kymberly
I love this book and cannot wait to make more meals with these recipes! Having a barbeque this weekend and going to use a few of these! I love me some Paula Deen!!
Angie Young
Pretty good cookbook if you are looking for menu ideas for the different holidays and seasons. Lots of good down home recipes in this book.
Amy :)
Great easy to follow recipes. Loved the stories behind all of the celebrations. Made the enchiladas and green chile squares- yummy!
Rita
always a celebration with Paul's. I don't fret about butter or calories when it comes to holidays so this book is perfect!
Shirley
Like most cookbooks I found a few recipes that I will make and love. Wishing there had been more for my kind of enjoyment.
Vanessa
Jun 04, 2008 Vanessa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: folks who like to eat and cook
My friend Cassie bought this for my birthday and I LOVE it. Paula Deen looks like my mother-in-law too.
Sherri Wright
I love all these recipes. I have to be careful though, some have lots and lots of butter!
Julianne
I have made several recipes from this one - all good. Only downside is not hardly any pictures.
Gerry
tried a few recipes- like Mardi Gras King Cake, yum- can hear her drawl as I read the recipes
Robin Hohlweck
The recipes that I have tried are amazing, especially the shrimp salad and chocolate trifle.
Angela
May 05, 2009 Angela rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cooks
I love cookbooks, and I like Paula Deen, so of course I have to have her cookbooks
Gina R
Jun 07, 2008 Gina R rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: southern cooks
Shelves: cookbooks
Great for planning parties for ANY occasion. Including Elvis' birthday! No kidding!
Shannon
Some good recipes - love the mac & cheese! Definitely NOT diet friendly tho!
Bridget
A fun cookbook. This is an autographed copy.
Brandon
Use it all the time.
Kayla Boesche
Kayla Boesche marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Lu Ann
Lu Ann marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Josiah
Josiah marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
  • Rachael Ray 2, 4, 6, 8: Great Meals for Couples or Crowds
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook: Explosive Flavors from the Southwestern Kitchen
  • Food Network Favorites
  • The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and Would-Be Southerners
  • Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics
  • Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
  • Emeril's TV Dinners: Kickin' It Up A Notch With Recipes From Emeril Live And Essence Of Emeril
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining: Slow Cooker Favorites for All the Year Round
  • Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
  • Chef Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • Michael Symon's Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen
  • Screen Doors and Sweet Tea: Recipes and Tales from a Southern Cook
  • Mrs. Fields Cookie Book: 100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields
Paula Deen (born Paula Ann Hiers) is an American cook, restaurateur, author, actress and Emmy Award-winning television personality.

Deen resides in Savannah, Georgia, where she owns and operates The Lady & Sons restaurant with her sons, Jamie and Bobby Deen. She has also published five cookbooks. Though married in 2004 to Michael Anthony Groover, she continues to use the surname Deen from her f...more
More about Paula H. Deen...
The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook Paula Deen & Friends Paula Deen: It Ain't All about the Cookin' The Lady & Sons Just Desserts: More Than 120 Sweet Temptations from Savannah's Favorite Restaurant The Lady & Sons, Too!: A Whole New Batch of Recipes from Savannah