Start by marking “Virus im Netz. Großdruck. Ein Fall für Mrs. Murphy. (Mrs. Murphy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Virus im Netz. Großdru...

Rita Mae Brown

Virus im Netz. Großdruck. Ein Fall für Mrs. Murphy. (Mrs. Murphy #4)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  2,236 ratings  ·  51 reviews
From the author of Rubyfruit Jungle and Murder at Monticello comes the latest in the Mrs. Murphy mystery series. A Hell's Angel, a computer virus named Leonardo, and a love triangle combine to break the summer lethargy in the sleepy town of Crozet, Virginia.
Paperback
Published (first published 1995)

Be the first to ask a question about Virus im Netz. Großdruck. Ein Fall für Mrs. Murphy.

Christyn
I won't deny that I do enjoy the Mrs. Murphy series, it's just that I like some of them more than others. This one falls closer to the meh side of the scale. Pay Dirt just didn't have enough of what I usually like - or rather it had too much of stuff I didn't really like.

I usually enjoy the sense of community in these books - but it just seemed everyone was coming together a little too conveniently. I also could've done without the love triangles. I have a feeling I know who Harry's going to e
Paul Lunger
What do a biker & a bank virus have in common? More than you might realize in this very enjoyable early entry in the Mrs. Murphy series of books. The story begins as a Hell's Angel arrives at Ash Lawn (the home of James Monroe) looking for his girlfriend. When he turns up dead a search for clues ensues across the usual range of characters. In a rare twist for this series there is also a report of money missing from the Crozet National Bank due to a computer virus called Threadneedle that has ...more
Baseni
"Crozet, die Kleinstadt in Virginia, erhält Besuch durch einen Hell’s Angel, zumindest gibt er sich alle Mühe diesem Klischee gerecht zu werden. Es sucht eine Gewisse Malibu, allerdings will sie niemand kennen. Die Suche wird durch den Fund seiner Leiche gestoppt, gleichzeitig verbreitet sich aber ein Virus in den Computern der Banken, auch die örtliche Bank bleibt nicht verschont, dies zeigen nachträgliche Kontrollen. Der Leiter des Rechnungswesen, nebenbei durch seine kürzliche Heirat in einem ...more
Oceana2602
Ok, I'm going to do a standard review for the rest of the Mrs. Murphy books I read, because I really can't think of something smart to say about every single one of them. Actually, it's hard to come up with something smart to say about any one of them, because they are not really smart books.

Though, no, that's not true. They aren't trivial as such, they aren't too easy - or, in other words, they don't hurt my brain while I read them. But I think we can all agree that they are also not "great li
Heather
This was my first Rita Mae Brown book. I love mysteries, but this one is different than what I'm used to reading, mainly because of the "talking" animals throughout the book. That part is at the same time silly but likable. I'm a huge animal lover and have had cats and dogs my entire life. The author really captures the mannerisms that any cat or dog owner is very familiar with. As to the animals' dialog, it's in italics, which makes it a little easier to follow. Of course, the humans can't unde ...more
Amy
Rita Mae Brown may have been the first to write adult mysteries with animals as her main characters. I don't know. But when I read these series of books, I was amused to watch how well she captures the characteristics of cats and dogs and their relationships to their human friends. The mysteries are Agatha Christie-esque to boot!
Maria Dolores
Animals also have a role in our society. Although we can't understand them most of the time, pets will try their best to communicate and protect their parents. This, I think is what Rita Mae Brown is trying to portray in her Mrs. Murphy series including Pay Dirt. As for the book review, this book is great for readers who love the mystery niche and want a unique touch of talking animals. Framing one character of 2 murders is quite ok. But,it was written in a way that you will automatically know t ...more
Michaela Osiecki
I didn't realize this was #4 in the Mrs. Murphy series until I started reading, but even so, jumping into Pay Dirt didn't leave me with too much confusion and I was able to keep track of all the different characters rather easily.

It was a cute read, I loved the conversations between the animals and how believable their behaviors were. Didn't feel too much connection with the human characters, but this didn't bother a lot.

If it weren't for Mrs. Murphy and her furry friends, I would probably just
Jaime
This book was an improvement over the last Mrs. Murphy novel. The danger and the crimes got personal again, as the lives of more than one Crozet resident are affected. There was also less of the animals waxing rhapsodic about human nature. The true identity of the missing Malibu wasn’t that much of a secret to me, but I enjoyed watching everyone else try to figure out what was going on. We get a little more about Harry’s personal life here, as Blair and Fair (a name combo that drives me insane) ...more
Betty
A bike is left by Crozet post office and all residents, Mrs Murphy, Tucker and Pewter are curious about it and it owner. The owner is later found dead. Blair is back on his farm and playing attention to Harry much to Fair's dismay. The Threadneedle virus has every one up set. These books are a delightful relaxing read.
Pearl Drolet
Once again murder and mayhem have come to Brown's (Wish You Were Here, LJ 11/1/90) sleepy little town of Crozet, Virginia, heralded by the arrival of a leather-clad biker who storms up to historic Ash Lawn (James Monroe's home) demanding to see the "thieving slut" Malibu and upsetting the docents. Later, when the biker's body is found in Sugar Hollow, postmistress/detective Harry Haristeen, accompanied by the incorrigible cat Mrs. Murphy and Welsh corgi Tee Tucker, finds herself in the middle of ...more
Cameron Toney
You go to Crozet for the charm, not the crime.
I have a soft spot in my heart for these books, mainly because I love corgis, and a corgi is one of the detectives in this story.
Crozet is charming, full of big characters and funny animals, and I like spending time in the little town. But you dont read these for a deep or complex mystery.
Before the body was even dead I knew who the murderer was (in these books, watch out for characters you dont know from before!) and the motivations seemed a bit wa
Debbie
I really enjoy these books, they are quick and easy to read and I feel like the characters are good friends, and as alwyas I love the animals.
Erin
I love Rita Mae Brown, and I love this light-hearted series of books, and I ADORE Tucker. :) I was looking forward to an enjoyable summer read. This book did not grab me like the others - I had trouble keeping up with all the characters being introduced at the beginning of the book, and I often felt like the author was going off on a tangent (political or otherwise) through the characters, and so their voices did not ring true. Not saying I disagreed with those tangents :) it just didn't seem in ...more
RollingT
The animal conversations really got boring.
Noria
This was my first book by Rita Mae Brown and therefore my first Mrs. Murphy Mystery. And I really enjoyed it.

The human characters of Crozet versatile and most of them are really loveable. The animal characters are perfect. Their behaviour has been watched really carefully and the comments they make show a lot of insight but are never to humanised.

The crime story was suspenseful and not to obvious. This hasn't been the last Mrs. Murphy Mystery I have read. That's for sure.

And I really liked the i
Fraukelientje
I began this book a bit skeptical because I am not a huge fan of speaking animals in books and also in movies. But the story surprised me and the animals speaking to each other added some originality to the story in a funny way. I have loved every page of the book! The characters are described very well before the actual story starts, what makes the reader being more into the story and more involved in what happens next. I recommend this book to everyone who loves a good mystery novel!
Nancy
Love reading Rita Mae Brown. Quick, great mystery with a little humor and if your an animal lover it is a good read...
Nicole
Picked this up for some nostalgic reading. I liked this series (and The Cat Who ... stuff by Lilian Jackson Braun) when I was younger. I would have given it three stars, except the ending was kind of bad.
Guilty pleasure books. Though I'm constantly made fun of for reading these, I like them too much to stop. It's a good, entertaining, and quick mystery, and reading one is almost like taking a mental vacation away from the city to a farm in Virginia (which I totally want to visit). This mystery is pretty good, not the best, but certainly not her worst.
Tabitha
After reading this one, I pretty much decided I couldn't take any more of the increasingly heavy dumping of political opinions in the the series. I like the theme with single woman solving crime with her cats...I just don't enjoy extra politics.
Eyehavenofilter
When Hells Angels hot Crozet all hell breaks loose and when one is found murdered the animal trio of Tee Tucker, Sneakie Pie and Mrs Murphy drag their human into the mess again. What fun this series is to read.
Melissa
Book #11 read in 2011

Harry Haristeen series: Book 4

This book was much better than the previous in the series. The characters again came to life and the story was more personal to the characters. I enjoyed this one.
Tiger
Not a huge fan of talking animals in books. That said, this was a good cozy and kept my attention more due to Brown's wonderful characters -- especially Harry and Miranda -- than to the plot.
Sallie
As usual, I stayed up late to finish this book. I was sure who the 'villian' was early on, but I still enjoyed the ride. If only we could hear our pets and their wisdom..
Dawn
This is not my first Mrs.Murphy murder mystery.This was one of her good books that I have read.It kept my attention all the way thru it.It was such a good read for me.
Virginia
I did not mind the talking animals as much as I thought I would, although I did skip the parts where the cats were talking to each other. Light, and a good mystery.
MJ
Did read this in order...one can go from one book to the next and next, devouring like candy. Again, cat leads her humans to successful conclusion
Kelli
Jun 09, 2013 Kelli marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  • Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)
  • The Cat Who Moved a Mountain (Cat Who... #13)
Rita Mae Brown is a prolific American writer, most known for her mysteries and other novels (Rubyfruit Jungle). She is also an Emmy-nominated screenwriter.
More about Rita Mae Brown...

Mrs. Murphy (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Wish You Were Here (Mrs. Murphy, #1)
  • Rest in Pieces (Mrs. Murphy #2)
  • Murder at Monticello (Mrs. Murphy #3)
  • Murder, She Meowed (Mrs. Murphy, #5)
  • Murder on the Prowl (Mrs. Murphy, #6)
  • Cat on the Scent (Mrs. Murphy #7)
  • Pawing Through the Past (Mrs. Murphy, #8)
  • Claws and Effect (Mrs. Murphy, #9)
  • Catch as Cat Can  (Mrs. Murphy, #10)
  • The Tail of the Tip-Off  (Mrs. Murphy, #11)
Rubyfruit Jungle Wish You Were Here (Mrs. Murphy, #1) Murder at Monticello (Mrs. Murphy #3) Murder, She Meowed (Mrs. Murphy, #5) Rest in Pieces (Mrs. Murphy #2)