Start by marking “Restless Heart: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Restless Heart: A Novel

Restless Heart: A Novel

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  41 reviews
The New York Times bestselling author and country music sensation presents her heartwarming debut novel.

Success on the musical stage is all Destiny ever wanted, and when she finds it, she feels as if her dreams have come true. But with the exhilarating rush of success comes a price-and a battle to recapture the traditions that were her foundation. Struggling to reconnect
Published January 25th 2011 by NAL Hardcover (first published December 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Restless Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restless Heart

Bookaholics
Restless Heart by Wynonna Judd
Contemporary Romance - Jan 25th, 2011
3 1/2 stars

On a dare Destiny Hart enters to sing on the WKCX Kicks Country Kentucky Idol Search. But what she never realized is how much her life would completely change from then on. While on stage, Destiny discovers her true calling and promptly gives up college and moves to Nashville to pursue her dream.

Four years later, Destiny has hit rock bottom - she is still waiting on tables hoping for her big break. To make matters wor
pianogal
Eh.

It's everything you'd expected - and not written particularly well. Just because someone is a successful singer doesn't mean she'll be a successful novelist. I figured this one would either be surprising witty and insightful - or it'd be super predictable tosh. Unfortunately, we got the later instead of the former.

Wy, oh why, oh Wy!
Dorine
Restless Heart  A Novel by Wynonna JuddWill Destiny Hart’s ambition fulfill her dreams, or will she alienate everyone she cares about in the process? Experience is growth and sometimes distance truly does make a restless heart grow fonder.

Destiny Hart’s future changed the day that one of her high school friends entered her name into a singing contest, hosted in her hometown by a local radio station in Wilmot, Kentucky. Invited to observe the competition by three of her friends, Destiny is shocked when she hears her name announced as
Michelle
I really liked this. I wasn't expecting much...I know Wynonna can sing but, this being her first book, I wondered whether she could write. I sometimes wondered if she was writing from personal experience....how closely did the story of Destiny Hart mirror that of Wynonna Judd. I'm kind of hoping she writes more stories. This one was particularly good for a first time.
Suelibevg
A fiction book from the country star that is well written. The title page lists LuAnn McLane as a contributor. This is Destiny Hart's story. On a dare she sings in a local contest and wins, her friend had entered her and not told her. She pursues her dream of a singing career and moves to Nashville, against the advice of almost everyone around her. A chance meeting with a high school friend at the bar she works at coincides with a career break. Seth remains a hometown boy, and as Destiny's star ...more
Ginger
Did not know she was an author. Actually picked up the book thinking it was about her. Quick, sweet read. Does seem to relate to her own career to a point, a subject easy for her to use for a setting, I did enjoy it.
Amanda
Surprisingly enough, this book was highly predictable and there for not incredibly enjoyable... This book is also written by LuAnn McLane, who has written a couple of my favourite contemporary southern romance authors so I was truly looking forward to reading a book that she has had some part in. At first the similarities are kind of hidden, but as the story goes on it is very clear that this book is the same as "A Little Less Talk A Lot More Action" by McLane. The differences are very few and f ...more
 Gigi Ann
My Thoughts...

While shopping at a bookstore that was going out of business about a year ago, I was surprised when I came across this book for $1.00, and since it was by Wynonna Judd, (I didn't even know she was an author) I decided to throw it in the basket with the other books I purchased that day.

As I was reading it I wondered if some of the things she wrote about mirrored her own life somewhat. It was a fast read, I read it this long, cold wintery day. I wouldn't say it was a 5 star reading
T.M.
Great book. The ending surprised me. Please read to understand what I mean by that.
Nicole Galbraith
Overall, a sweet love story; however it is obvious that it is not written by a professional writer. Destiny Hart has been struggling to make it in Nashville and finally gets her big break as her high school crush reenters her life. She must try to find a way to balance her dreams and love. The characters and plots are likeable, but could've been more developed. Months would pass by between chapters and the reader got very little explanation of what the characters were doing during that time. It ...more
Sandra
I enjoyed this sweet read. Perfect for a rainy weekend!
K
A Teen Book
Melissa
I really enjoyed reading "Restless Heart". I love country music and it was no suprise that Wynonna would write a book about a country singer.

On a dare Destiny Hart sings "America the Beautiful" on the WKCX Kicks Country Kentucky Idol Search. She gives up college to pursue her dreams as a country music singer. Her father is not to happy with her decision and it puts a strain on her parent's marriage.

4 years later she is living in Nashville, Tennessee working as a waitress at Back in the Saddle Ba
Mary Anne
Just not my kind of book.
Bethany
of course I devour anything Wynonna! this was a simple story of rags to riches but yet still captivated me. I'm not sure if that was because of great writing or the fact that I felt it was semi biographical for Wynonna though. a lot of the feelings and emotions felt by the main character tell a story about Wynonna herself so I found it fascinating. Her feelings towards fans, stage anxiety, etc are pieces of Wynonna's story coming out in this novel.
Lynda
I truly enjoyed this book, a first from singer, composer, Wynonna Judd. And I hope that she writes more. Because Wynonna has experienced personally what the key character goes through in the country music world gave a glimpse of what life in that arena can be like.

As I said, I hope she will write more books. She knows how to tell a story.
Katy
Okay, I decided to read this because I think Wynonna Judd is one of the most prolific singers out there. That lady can sing! I wanted to see if she could write. Yes, she can. It's about a young woman who finds her way through the world of country music but must make hard decisions concerning life, love, and home. Don't we all, whether we are in the music business or involved in something else?
Laurel Marshall
This was a fun story of a woman struggling to find her way in the music industry in Nashville, TN. I thought it would be a fun read before going to the Country Music City for a few days in the summer. The struggle for finding balance in life and love while not losing oneself with the pressures of becoming a star were well display through the book. A great summer read!
Karen B
I enjoyed the all too real story about two young lovers trying to overcome the difficulties of making time for each other when their separate careers pull them apart. The characters were real and likeable, the storyline filled with enough drama and emotion to keep the reader interested.
Patricia
I thought this was a great book. Not only is Wynonna an amazing singer, she sure can write.
This is her first novel. I hope she writes more. I really loved Restless Heart. It was a real page
turner. I couldn't put the book down until I finished it. Great Book. A must read........
Peg
for a first book, i thought this one was awesome. i could not put it down. it had heartache and tears, hard work and big breaks, but it also had dreams coming true in the end and destiny having it all :) was a great book! would recommend it to anyone that likes romance.
Terri
I have always loved Wynonna and wasn't sure what to expect from this book but it is a great book about the dreams of a young girl wanting to be a singer & the ups & downs that goes with it with her relationship with her family, friends & the man she loves. GREAT book!
Tera
I was intrigued by the fact that Wynonna Judd wrote this book, so I had to read it. I loved it! Very good for her first book; I look forward to the next one, and hopefully there will be a next one. She is a great writer as well as a singer.
Ann
Aug 09, 2011 Ann rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: novels
It was entertaining, but I felt as if I had already seen the story as a movie on the Hallmark channel or CMT. Wait a minute..maybe I have and that's why it seemed so predictable.
G
I love the Judds, and wanted to see how Wynonna could write. Not bad, and interesting about how a star rises in Nashville. Poor thing, sounds like they have NO personal life!
Susan
Light, easy reading with a good, predictable plot. Very current information in that twittering, blogs, etc. are mentioned which could date the book quickly.
Cheryl Karkoff
I enjoyed this first novel by Wynonna. Cute story about a girl who follows her dream and the changes it makes in her life.
Lydia
Im only a 4 chapters in so far but its a good book so far not dull or dragged out I like the pace of it
Ann Mulholland
Really liked this, sweet love story but not all hearts and roses. Showed that real love takes work
Casey Crim
I just started this book this morning and haven't put it down all damn day lol!!! I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Another Year
  • Move a Little, Lose a Lot: New N.E.A.T. Science Reveals How to Be Thinner, Happier, and Smarter
  • Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3)
  • The Silver Compass
  • Sexy Forever: How to Fight Fat after Forty
  • Arm Candy
  • Montana Glory
  • My Journey with Farrah: A Story of Life, Love, and Friendship
  • Star of His Heart
  • Wyoming Tough (Wyoming Men, #1)
  • Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1)
  • The Women Who Raised Me: A Memoir
  • The McKettrick Legend (McKettricks, #5 & 9)
  • My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)
  • Spellcast  (Maggie Graham #1)
  • Fires of Paradise (Bragg Saga, #5)
  • Sea of Love (Bayberry Island, #1)
  • Wish You Were Here
Wynonna Ellen Judd (born Christina Claire Ciminella) is an American country music singer. Her solo albums and singles are all credited to the singular name Wynonna. Wynonna first rose to fame in the 1980s alongside her mother, Naomi, in the country music duo The Judds. The duo released seven albums on Curb Records, in addition to charting twenty-six singles, of which fourteen were Number One hits. ...more
More about Wynonna Judd...
Coming Home to Myself Wynonna Wynonna - Revelations Her Story: Scenes from a Lifetime Wynonna - Tell Me Why