Start by marking “Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Chan” as Want to Read:
Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Chan

Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Chan

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  11 reviews
You can't embrace change any faster...can't make time for the synergy training workshop...can't deal with one more change management seminar. So stop changing. Evolve.

Evolution can be unleashed in your organization, effortlessly and gradually changing everything in its path. By teaching your company to "zoom" -- embrace change without pain -- you'll have a company that evo...more
Published November 24th 2009 by Free Press (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Survival Is Not Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survival Is Not Enough

Socialbookshelves.com
The idea behind this book is pretty simple, and the title summarises it perfectly in just four words. Shift happens, and survival is not enough any more – just look at Blockbuster Video, which failed to deal with the threat that Netflix posed with its brand new business model and eventually went bust as a result of it.

The best way for you stay ahead of the curve is to constantly innovate, to thrive during times of change by embracing the shift and, wherever possible, causing the shift to happen...more
Thomas Umstattd
This is a great book! Seth says that it is her favorite and I am willing to say it is one of his top books. In a way this book is The Lean Startup but 10 years earlier. Godin talks about Memes in a way were I feel I understand them much better. He also has a lot of great things to say about testing and running experiments.
Devin Partlow
Godin the missing link of the lean startup movement? He definitely alludes to the lean startup principles in this book, specifically those of experimentation, in his own vernacular. He calls it zooming and he does a wonderful job of weaving Darwinism, organizations, and the individuals to explain.

I recommend this book to anyone that practices lean startup principles

z
Lincoln
Sometimes I thinks so much when I read Seth's books, I can't sleep. Little firework like ideas go off in my brain. Who can sleep when that happens?
Lori Grant
An optional-read book by Seth Godin on marketing for the knowledge worker, manager, executive, or entrepreneur.
George
A great book on growing a business, any business. I have in my business books library and re-read last week.
Christine
I do enjoy Seth Godin. He's succinct, straightforward and easy to read. So many gems!
Sergio F. Sosa Sanchez
Cambio, calidad de servicio y trabajo en equipo...
Vennittah
Good advice. Not my best Godin book but worth reading.
Richard Mulholland
Good ideas, weak delivery mechanic
Kirstin Elaine
Aug 28, 2011 Kirstin Elaine is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
good reading so far
Gerardo Mendoza
Gerardo Mendoza marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
N
N marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Edwilson
Edwilson marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Thomas
Thomas added it
Sep 11, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Rem Tsoy
Rem Tsoy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Pei-Hsun Kao
Pei-Hsun Kao is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2014
Joshua Bennett
Joshua Bennett marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Brian Connelly
Brian Connelly marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
  • The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook
  • The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
  • Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  • The Aladdin Factor
  • Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders
  • Free Agent Nation: The Future of Working for Yourself
  • Clout: The Art and Science of Influential Web Content
  • Immunity to Change: How to Overcome It and Unlock the Potential in Yourself and Your Organization
  • Think Twice: Harnessing the Power of Counterintuition
  • Easier Than You Think ...because life doesn't have to be so hard: The Small Changes That Add Up to a World of Difference
  • Managing Your Mind: The Mental Fitness Guide
  • Time Power: A Proven System for Getting More Done in Less Time Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • The Likeability Factor: How to Boost Your L-Factor and Achieve Your Life's Dreams
  • The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself
  • Trading Up: Why Consumers Want New Luxury Goods--and How Companies Create Them
  • Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking
  • What the CEO Wants You to Know: Using Business Acumen to Understand How Your Company Really Works
  • Small Giants: Companies That Choose to Be Great Instead of Big
Seth Godin is a bestselling author, entrepreneur and agent of change.

Godin is author of ten books that have been bestsellers around the world, and he is also a renowned speaker. He was recently chosen as one of 21 Speakers for the Next Century by Successful Meetings and is consistently rated among the very best speakers by the audiences he addresses.

Seth was founder and CEO of Yoyodyne, the indust...more
More about Seth Godin...
Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers