Start by marking “Hearing from God Each Morning: 365 Daily Devotions” as Want to Read:
Hearing from God Each Morning: 365 Daily Devotions

Hearing from God Each Morning: 365 Daily Devotions

In the hustle and bustle of today's busy world, sometimes it's hard enough to hear yourself think, much less take a minute to stop and listen for the voice of God. But learning to recognize God's voice and the many ways in which He speaks is vital for following His plan. This devotional; drawing from How to Hear From God, Knowing God Intimately, and The Power Of Simple Pra ...more
Published January 8th 2010 by FaithWords (first published April 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Hearing from God Each Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearing from God Each Morning

Haley Mathiot
Jan 08, 2010 Haley Mathiot rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Joyce Meyer shares personal experiences and examples from scripture that give you a daily dose of inspiration and peace. Every morning devotion starts with a Bible verse, then there is a few paragraphs to meditate through. It concludes with a short and sweet piece of advice or something to remember throughout the day. This is a wonderful source of encouragement, thought-provoking, and easy to read.
My only complaint about this book is that there isn’t quite enough Bible in it
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
May 29, 2010 Kristi (Books and Needlepoint) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This is a wonderful little devotional. Each day starts with a Bible verse followed by a message from Joyce. These messages come from three of her books - How to Hear From God, Knowing God Intimately, and The Power of Simple Prayer.

It's all summed up with 1-2 sentences at the end. Each day's devotional is only one page, so you can make it as quick or as long as you want, depending on how much time you have.

Most morning for me are rushed, but it has been nice to start out with these quick messages
Lisamarie Landreth
Hearing from God is a devotional focused on articulating what the Bible says and what it means rather than offering a fresh perspective on timeless words. My heart and respect goes out to any author with the biblical knowledge and stamina to write 365 daily readings, and any book that gets us immersed in THE book is a great one, but this isn't one I'd recommend.
Freda Mans-Labianca
Dec 31, 2010 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to start each day, delivering a piece of God into your life every morning. At least that's when I would read.
I start my day reading the devotional, and then my bible. It always lifts me up to talk with God each morning. The devotional helps to put things into perspective, like knowing when to turn the other cheek, or when to step in and take over, or when to just be alone and let God lead the way.
Look, I'm not a person to go to church every week, or preach gospel every time
Crystal
Dec 29, 2009 Crystal marked it as to-read
Shelves: for-review
I have started this as my official devotional for this year. So far I have enjoyed each day. These are standard devotionals as there is a Bible verse, then a discussion of what the Bible verse means in our everyday life and then a final thought or prayer at the end. I have enjoyed the ones I have read so far. They have been uplifting and helpful for each day and I look forward to reading one each morning.

The book is also the perfect size to use for a devotional - perfect to put in your purse and
Gwen
Mar 15, 2010 Gwen rated it really liked it
I love reading Joyce Meyer because she gets to the point and doesn't sugar-coat the truth. She tells it like it is. She also uses her own experiences to support the lesson she is sharing. In this devotional, she covers topics that focus on drawing closer to God in an intimate relationship. Although each day can be read in 5 minutes, the content is deep enough to reflect on throughout the day.
Bridget
Dec 19, 2012 Bridget rated it it was amazing
Thank you Joyce for a great devotional with relatable stories and references to god and his word! Even if I didn't have time I would still read the days devotional. In my opinion it made reading god's word less intimidating and doable in small chunks! Thanks again!
Linda Mitchell
Jan 01, 2014 Linda Mitchell rated it it was amazing
I love starting my day with a devotional reading. In 2013, one of the most impacting devotional books I read was Hearing from God Each Morning by Joyce Meyer. I have a specific way that I read devotions to get the most out of them. My power reading technique is to personalize all the pronouns. For example, if I read a passage that contains "you" or "we", either in my mind or by writing above it, I change the words to "I" or "my."
For instance, this is how I read the following devotional passage
Alissa Cook
Aug 18, 2011 Alissa Cook rated it it was amazing
I have several books just like this one, and I love them all!! It's so nice to read these each day. There's one page dedicated to each day of the year. I have plenty of time to do my thing in the mornings but I know some of you are on a tight schedule each day and don't have time to spare. This book is perfectly suited for you, in that if need be, the day's excerpt can be read very quickly and you can move on if you don't have the time to sit and ponder what you've just read, sort through your t ...more
Alicia
Oct 29, 2010 Alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010
The devotionals are simple and straightforward, just like Joyce Meyer is. They each cover one page, and have a topic verse at the top, the body of the instruction for the day, and then an easy-to-remember summary at the bottom. The entries only take a couple of minutes to read, so if you’re tired or not focusing it’s easy to gloss over the words and read without really letting the point sink in and be beneficial. (I’ve never done that, of course. I’m just sayin’.) But if you can really look into ...more
Reby
Jan 13, 2010 Reby rated it it was amazing
I have always enjoyed Joyce Meyer and she did not disappoint in this devotional. She writes simply and plainly enough that I will be able to think throughout the day and apply that morning's devotional to my life. My mother "confiscated" my book and brought up another good point about the book. The days are simply listed by month and numerical day, not Monday, Tuesday, etc. This way, she can read it year after year, without worrying about the days not matching up.
Michele
Nov 24, 2009 Michele rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for review via First Reads.

This arrived today - I love the size which is perfect for the bedside table. The first few pages I've read so far have been thought provoking. I'm looking forward to starting each day with this book.
Gerry
I was looking for some kind of daily inspirational reading. My brother and sister-in-law are fans of Joyce Meyer so when I saw it in the library e-book selection, I thought I"d try it out.
So far, I like it.
Tammy McDowell
Sep 08, 2010 Tammy McDowell rated it it was amazing
Its a great thing that I look forward to every day, is reading my daily devontional, it lifts my spirits, makes me smile and ready to tackle the next day!!Joyce Meyer Ministries
Wyvonna
Jun 04, 2012 Wyvonna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: excellent-read
EXCELLENT READ
Jaclyn
Jan 03, 2010 Jaclyn rated it really liked it
I actually gave this book away as a gift but I did read a few of the devotionals before passing on. Very nice - and uplifting.
Shan
May 07, 2015 Shan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-43-in-2015
Good devotional at first. Then it becomes a bit repetitive and not as inspiring. Maybe if it were a shorter devotional (maybe 6 months?) it would be better.
Michelle Ahee
Sep 07, 2012 Michelle Ahee rated it it was amazing
Thank God for Joyce and the works she is doing to help people help themselves, in the wisdom and strength of our loving Father God.
Marianne Pita
Jul 15, 2012 Marianne Pita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
I love this devotional. It's a quick way to remind myself daily of who I am and who I want to continue to be.
Jamise
Feb 28, 2013 Jamise rated it it was amazing
In this busy world and day to day challenges, I need a word from GOD!! This book was (and still is) a wonderful way for me to receive a word from the Lord and jump start my day. A nice pick me up!
Kacey
Jul 12, 2013 Kacey rated it it was amazing
I enjoy all of Joyce's 365 devotionals. They're not lengthy so if I'm short on time, I can still get with Jesus.
Jeanine
Jun 03, 2013 Jeanine rated it it was amazing
I keep this next to my bed and use it quite often when I need just a moment to spend with God! "and remember all His benefits"
Jo
May 19, 2011 Jo rated it it was amazing
Wonderful devotional book that challenges you to grow spiritually
Alison
Dec 31, 2009 Alison rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, dnf
I won this book from Goodreads' giveaway -- kept it by my bed and leafed thru it on occasion, but unfortunately I wasnt disciplined enough to keep at it day after day. Someday I'd like to be in the habit of taking the time to be introspective -- I can imagine this book being easier for me to read if it came via daily tweet or email.

I am not very religious, but I could appreciate Meyer's interpretations of scripture.
Olivia Jayne Eldridge
Sep 16, 2016 Olivia Jayne Eldridge rated it really liked it
Joyce Meyer's approach to life is honest and real. She truly is the real deal and she walks her talk. She has personal knowledge of the difficulties and the rewards of being a Christian. She is not afraid to share her shortcomings with her readers. We all fall short at times. Ms. Meyer's humanistic approach to her readers is what makes her uniquely special. I highly recommend anything she has written. Happy Reading!
Elizabeth Gaskins
Jan 02, 2017 Elizabeth Gaskins rated it it was amazing
Amazing book as always! Joyce Meyer always delivers amazing mini-messages, inspirations, & reminders to help bring you closer to God. I always feel more relaxed when I take time to read these devotions. What I love is that these are not empty, flowery phrases I'm reading; these are real tidbits from the Word of God designed to help me! I actually learn new, amazing things about the Word! I can't wait to start the one I was given for this year!
Dixie Dear
Dixie Dear rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Damali
Damali rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2011
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2012
  • The Power of a Praying Life: Finding the Freedom, Wholeness, and True Success God Has for You
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • Unto the Hills
  • The Christmas Spirit: Memories of Family, Friends, and Faith
  • City on Our Knees
  • A Life Unleashed: Giving Birth to Your Dreams
  • Gospel in Life Study Guide: Grace Changes Everything
  • Use Your Head to Get Your Foot in the Door: Job Search Secrets No One Else Will Tell You
  • Millionaire by Thirty: The Quickest Path to Early Financial Independence
  • Venture Capitalists At Work: How VCs Identify And Build Billion Dollar Successes
  • Meditations from a Simple Path
  • Lonely Planet The Big Trip (General Reference)
  • Why Because You Are Anointed
  • My Scripture Journal: Fearing the Lord (My Scripture Journal: Bible Reading Plans)
  • What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places
  • Passages: How Reading the Bible in a Year Will Change Everything for You
  • How to Reach Your Full Potential for God: Never Settle for Less Than His Best
  • You'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her more than 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through faith in Christ. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life® airs daily on hundre
More about Joyce Meyer...

“Many people want guidance from God, but they don’t want to lay aside other things in order to hear His voice. But David narrowed down everything he wanted to just one thing—more of God all the days of his life. I believe the only thing that truly satisfies the longing within us is to know God more intimately today than we did yesterday.” 5 likes
“GOD’S WORD FOR YOU TODAY: Your worst day with God will be better than your best day without Him. The Holy Spirit is here to speak to you and help you in every way you need help today.” 2 likes