Start by marking “The Cadet's Officer” as Want to Read:
The Cadet's Officer

The Cadet's Officer

Living on an exploration spaceship light years away from any civilization can get real lonely, even though there are thousands on board with you. Adam Wilkinson dreams of being with another man, and secretly he has a crush on the second in charge, Evan Cleary. But will the hunky, hard as nails officer want to be with Adam? Or more to the point, does the dreamy, absolutely ...more
Published 2009 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cadet's Officer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cadet's Officer

Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Nov 30, 2010 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I've really liked this story, especially the setting, the starship traveling the universe. I also liked the way the rose, the star and what was happening to the characters were connected.

Adam is a cadet and he's infatuated with his officer Evan. He thinks Evan is not interested in him and pretty frustrated by what's going on. He has good friends, but he's gay and they are not, so he feels a bit lonely and he finds his peace in an arboretum, sitting on a bench and contemplating a beautiful rose t
 ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥
I have always had a hard time reading books set in space. This year I have read more books about space than I ever have. I have absolutely loved the male to male space genre. Jade Archer and Mark Alders are two Aussie's who make reading this genre worth the while.

Mark's writing style made me want to put all other reading projects on hold and discover more of his writings. Hell, I guess I am a sucker, it only took 36 pages to make me fall for Mark as an author. Does that make me easy?

Pick up th
Staceyr
Dec 16, 2009 Staceyr rated it really liked it
This is a super short story, but I enjoyed the quick glimpse of this cadet and his officer. For a handful of pages there was some really good futuristic world building and great characters--still, would liked to have known more about the cadet's officer. Maybe a sequel?
Sylvia
Feb 18, 2011 Sylvia rated it really liked it
I would have loved to read more about this wonderful world but I guess I have to wait for that ;)

In the meantime: The Diamond Ring Effect
Alina
Sep 28, 2011 Alina added it
It was okay to me.
Not bad little story, but too much purple prose for my liking :/
Edina Rose
Oct 04, 2011 Edina Rose rated it it was ok
I guess it was ok, but nothing more. I was still waiting for the story to start and then it ended.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
So cute. I loved Adam and Evan.
Em Woods
Nov 12, 2010 Em Woods rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Like some of the others, I wish this book was longer...but even in 36 pages, I fell in love with Adam & Evan. If I could have heard a little from Evan's point of view, this would have been five-star for me.

The details of the world were amazing and believable. Mark Alders painted a perfect picture and what better backdrop for stellar smex than...well, a supernova? Well done.
Tj
Dec 21, 2010 Tj rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Short but sweet. I would have loved for this to have been longer. The use of the rose in the story gave a interesting twist into the story. Because of the length Evan's character isn't really shown much so we learn very little about him still it was an interesting setting point with the rose.
Nicole
Apr 02, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-scifi
Cute, short and sweet. I really want Hamish and Azeel to get together! I also wanted to squishy hug Adam.
Sean
Jan 16, 2010 Sean rated it liked it
Nice short story. A little too short for my tastes...more character development would have been nice...as it ended before I really got to know them.
Lexi Ander
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Riayl
Jun 15, 2014 Riayl rated it it was ok
Not a bad little short - only the dialogue during the sex was...er...blooming. *nods*
Kelsey
Jul 23, 2015 Kelsey rated it liked it
Love the story, but it was way to short for my taste.
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
May 09, 2012
Pushubuu
Pushubuu rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2011
Joanne
Joanne rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Pinguoin
Pinguoin rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Jonathan Treadway
Jonathan Treadway rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2010
JenMcJ
JenMcJ rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2009
L Jones
L Jones rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2012
Zeoanne
Zeoanne rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2013
qx
qx rated it it was ok
May 15, 2011
Shannon Flynn
Shannon Flynn rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2016
Gabby
Gabby rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Christina Enness
Christina Enness rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Treacherous Sun (Nu Hayven Chronicles, #1)
  • Eyes of an Innocent (In the Eyes, #1)
  • KLT23
  • Broken Bones, Mended Hearts
  • Surrender Love (Surrender Trilogy, #1)
  • G-Strain
  • Soothe the Burn
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Eye of Scota (Dalriata, #1)
  • Something About Harry (Healing #3)
  • Lover & Commander
  • Truth and Deception
  • On Death’s Wings (Fallen Angels, #1)
  • Ice Man (Blood Slaves, #1)
  • Midnight Howl (Howl and Prowl #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Broken Boundaries
  • Mr. Benson
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about
More about Mark Alders...