Start by marking “Perfect Weight: The Complete Mind/Body Program for Achieving and Maintaining Your Ideal Weight” as Want to Read:

One of the two launch titles in the Perfect Health Library series by bestselling author Dr. Deepak Chopra, Perfect Weight focuses on Ayurveda, the ancient Indian science of life, to help readers conquer their weight problems.
Published March 19th 1996 by Harmony (first published October 4th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Weight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Weight

Abbey
Dec 06, 2009 Abbey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In the first chapter he basically says, For two weeks don't eat when you're not hungry. Listen to your body. Eat what you want until just before you feel full. Well, that's genius. I actually think I could lose a lot of weight if I just listened to that advice.

The rest of the book is... odd, for lack of a better word. It just wasnt my speed at this time. I think I need to evolve a little more first. haha...
Janice
I decided to read the book through to understand its message before I started implementing any of. Now I will go back and "digest" it more.

This is not a diet book like western diet books. It does not give you a program to follow. You don't count calories or weigh foods. It has a more natural approach to it, teaching us how to eat the way we were meant to eat.
Lis Molina
Oct 24, 2016 Lis Molina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-fiction, 2016
Es un libro cargado de información que debe ser consumida poco a poco, asimismo practicada.
Chavonne
My mother-in-law's been on me to try Chopra's work, so I thought I'd give this a week. It was okay--I don't like to focus on my weight, but am really focused on being as healthy as I can, regardless of where my body decides to land weight-wise. I much prefer "Intuitive Eating" or "Health at Every Size", but I did appreciate the discussion of an Ayurvedic approach to health and wellness. Some hints are really interesting and may become implemented. Others are just not realistic for people who hav ...more
Waseem
Jul 20, 2013 Waseem rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
only really checked out this book as am interested in learning more of deepaks work, not bad book...pretty confusing at times, and perhaps not good for me as the 'perfect weight' topic is not what exactly i was intending on needing help with - but having said that has some good interesting advice beyond just the conventional 'weight loss' advice..with some confusing, but interesting ideas and explanations

Waseem Mirza
Lynn Bonelli
Jan 10, 2013 Lynn Bonelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this approach...almost like an anti-diet. Very easy book to read and comprehend that reminds us that its okay to feel hungry, to get back in touch with what our body needs...not just eating because the clock says its time. It also reminds us that we all have different bodies and no amount of food restriction can make us into something we are not...we need to embrace our body type and differences and enhance what we have for the sake of our health and not vanity.
Katie Van Sloten
Jan 05, 2008 Katie Van Sloten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
If you have struggled with weight all your life READ THIS BOOK NOW! Deepak uses simple achievable methods from Ayurvedic medicine and practices. I finally feel as though my weight does not control my life and the pounds are steadily coming off! Not only has this book changed my approach to eating, but also my approach to lots of things in life.
Cera
May 15, 2008 Cera rated it liked it
I bought this book in college (2003) and although it had some interesting tips, the few that I tried did not really work that well for me. However in general is a good read and offered some insight to food cravings and how to control your eating habits, ect.
Kind of a cool read if you are into that stuff.
Kim
Jul 11, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, nonfiction
Let me just say, I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down (and finished it in about a day and half). Yes, some of the concepts presented are a bit "out there" compared to what most "Westerners" are used to, but I find it completely refreshing. Very good book for anyone seeking answers beyond tradition science.

Rhonda Swan
Jan 29, 2013 Rhonda Swan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book 14 years ago. It describes the Ayurveda way of living and eating. I subscribed to the principles and lost 30 pounds in 4 months. Excellent book. Ayurveda is fascinating. Easy to read and understand.
Melissa Cavanaugh
Sep 07, 2010 Melissa Cavanaugh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I would have liked this better if every single piece of information in it hadn't already been published in Perfect Health.
Mirjana
May 21, 2015 Mirjana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book, strongly recommended. Simple, achievable goals, teach you how to listen to your body.
Katie
Aug 08, 2010 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality
Although this is a nice handy guide and introducion to Ayurveda, I feel like there is a lot more information in Chopra's Perfect Health book. I would recommend reading that instead.
Odetta
Dec 10, 2011 Odetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
have discovered that I love ginger :) This book is short and sweet and I enjoyed the information provided within...
Monica
Jan 20, 2015 Monica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book seemed very disjointed. Take a quiz to find your dosha but really just don't eat when you aren't hungry. This is what happens when your dosha is imbalanced. Do more yoga and meditate.
Robb Menlove
He is so stinking smart, and I think he is spot on in his approach. To apply this would require a complete life alteration, to which he would say, "That's correct."
Missy Olson
Jan 26, 2013 Missy Olson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. Lots of helpful and insightful information. A new way to approach weight loss for life.
Julie Thomason
Julie Thomason rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2016
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2010
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2009
Bianca
Bianca rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2008
Brenda Smith
Brenda Smith rated it liked it
May 09, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2009
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Serena
Serena rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Kristen TenDyke
Kristen TenDyke rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013
Venky
Venky rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2014
John
John rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2008
Janet Hatcher
Janet Hatcher rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Living in the Heart: How to Enter Into the Sacred Space Within the Heart [With CD]
  • Open Your Mind to Prosperity
  • Girlfriends: Invisible Bonds, Enduring Ties
  • The Good Heart: A Buddhist Perspective on the Teachings of Jesus
  • Chakra Balancing: A Guide to Healing and Awakening Your Energy Body [With Cards and Workbook and 2 CDs]
  • Use Both Sides of Your Brain: New Mind-Mapping Techniques
  • A Cherokee Feast of Days : Daily Meditations
  • The Conscious Cleanse
  • Animal Reiki: Using Energy to Heal the Animals in Your Life
  • The Courage to be Rich
  • The Culprit and The Cure: Why lifestyle is the culprit behind America's poor health
  • Recovery of Your Inner Child: The Highly Acclaimed Method for Liberating Your Inner Self
  • Food Fight: The Inside Story of the Food Industry, America's Obesity Crisis, and What We Can Do about It
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...