Start by marking “A Conspiracy of Tall Men” as Want to Read:
A   Conspiracy of Tall Men

A Conspiracy of Tall Men

3.19 of 5 stars 3.19  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Linus Owen is a young professor of conspiracy theory at a small college just outside San Francisco. He teaches graduate-level classes on JFK and gives seminars on magic-bullet theories and how the symbols on the dollar bill reveal the presence of a secret government that is leading the world to ruin.
Linus' marriage is foundering and his wife, Claudia, an up-and-coming ad...more
Published September 1st 1999 by Gallery Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about A Conspiracy of Tall Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Conspiracy of Tall Men

Space
The first time I read this novel I was a little slow to start, because of the awkward writing style Noah takes. It's great - don't get me wrong - but it took a bit to get used to. It's not only first-person perspective, but also present tense. "I'm walking up and trying the door." Wow. This was my first encounter with such a style, and after I got into it, I really enjoyed it.

If you like conspiracy theories and gatherings of highly intelligent - if a little quirky - guys, then you'll probably qu...more
Tim
I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory novel. A Conspiracy of Tall Men is a pretty good novel. Its narration comes from an omniscient third person point of view and it seems appropriate for the tale being told. Linus is a professor of conspiracy theory who is pulled into a conspiracy of his own when his wife is killed in a plane crash. The plot is a little convoluted and does not answer every one of your questions (how can it), but once I settled into Hawley's thicker writing I enjoyed his descript...more
Bill
I gave up on this book after about 100 pages, too much crazy ramblings by the main characters.
Bob
Oct 24, 2009 Bob rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bob by: Pat
Shelves: humor
The descriptions and dialogs were wonderful, but the plot didn't always make sense to me and the (non-conspiratorial) relationships didn't ring true. On the plus side, it was incredibly engaging and "readable."
Melinda
Apr 12, 2011 Melinda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
This is literally, hands down, my favorite book of all time. The first novel written by Hawley, his characters are flawed and endearing, and the story constantly keeps you guessing. A brilliant brilliant book.
Elektra
This book was a quick pick at an airport I wasn't expecting much. Boy was I wrong. It was amusing, and the characters kept getting stranger by the minute. It was a joy to read!
Chuck
The wife of a professor of conspiracy theory dies mysteriously in an airplane explosion while traveling with another man. Did not complete 100 pages.
Elizabeth
I read this book years and years ago but I remember it fulfilling my need for reassurance regarding the corruption of the United States government.
Julie
The book had an interesting plot but I was disappointed in the ending (unless there is a sequel in the works).
Julie
Unable to finish before this was due back to the library.
Quite outdated since it is pre 9/11.
Sean
It was okay. My wife hated the ending.
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Meagan
Meagan marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
NJ
NJ marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Inta
Inta marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
WiseAntiquary
WiseAntiquary marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Se
Se marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Elihu
Elihu added it
Jun 27, 2014
Vadim
Vadim marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Ashley Paz
Ashley Paz marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Blake
Blake marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Noah Hawley is an American film and television producer, screenwriter, composer, and author. He is the author of three novels including A Conspiracy of Tall Men, Other People's Weddings and The Punch. For TV he wrote and produced the television series Bones (2005-present) and also created The Unusuals (2009) and My Generation (2010). Hawley also wrote the screenplay for the film Lies and Alibis (2...more
More about Noah Hawley...
The Good Father Other People's Weddings The Punch A Conspiracy of Tall Men The Good Father