Start by marking “The Vampire's Betrayal the Vampire's Betrayal the Vampire's Betrayal” as Want to Read:
The Vampire's Betrayal the Vampire's Betrayal the Vampire's Betrayal

The Vampire's Betrayal the Vampire's Betrayal the Vampire's Betrayal (Savannah Vampire #4)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  377 ratings  ·  26 reviews
In the fourth novel featuring suave, southern aristocrat and vampire William Cuyler Thorne, the centuries-old blood drinker finds his job of protecting the human population of Savannah from real evil challenged byan apocalyptic prophecy destined to resurrect a powerful Mayan goddess fated to destroy all vampires.
Published April 29th 2008 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire's Betrayal the Vampire's Betrayal the Vampire's Betrayal

Diann
It wasn't a bad book however, this was the 4th I think in the series and I hadn't read the other ones. Unlike other series, this one was not easy to get into since so much is referred to about previous books and the author doesn't give any kind of quick "fill you in" info. I also wasn't real thrilled with the way the author wrote. she had two main characters and she would jump back and forth between the two and write in first person of that character.
Kristel
Couldn't get into this book and it's hard to understand. Maybe I'm just bored of it.. Next book please.....
Elii Vela
Cuando vi que se trataba del 4 libro de una serie, estuve a punto de desistir. No sé qué me llevó a abrir el libro y me intrigó tanto (supongo que porque no tenía ni idea de lo que hablaba, al parecer inicia justo donde terminó el libro 3, aunque adelante se explican las cosas) que seguí leyendo. Nuestro vampiro, Jack lleva una relación muy interesante con William, su sire. Me gustó la forma en que estos dos se comportan, como padre e hijo, fue algo que no esperaba de ellos. No sé, tenía la idea ...more
Sandy M
Why is it some of the really good books I read are always number three or four in a series and the first few books are stashed away in the TBR mountain, not within easy reach? Such is the case with this book. I always think I’ll be lost if I don’t read a series in order, but, of course, an author worth her salt can make sure you don’t feel that way. Ms. Hart’s storytelling, voice, characters, and humor all add up to a terrific book, even one read out of order. [Ed.: Book 5, Vampire’s Revenge, re ...more
Adrianne Ambers
The Savannah Vampires series continues as Jack risks his life by opening a portal to the underworld to rescue Connie. While in the land of the dead, he witnesses an awesome ceremony as a band of honest-to-God angels swear Connie in as the vampire slayer! Using the power of his love, Jack manages to bring Connie back to the land of the living even though she threatens the existence of him and his kind.

Connie has no memory of being anointed the vampire slayer, and her activation won't be complete
Theresa
Another action-filled 'Savannah Vampire' story. These guys keep finding themselves deeper and deeper in trouble. What a mess. There are more problems raised (pun intended) than solved.

This book starts fairly quietly as the family is releved by Renee's safe rescue and Jack and Connie's return. But then as the trouble starts, they just run around putting out little fires instead taking on the root cause of their problems.

Now they have faerie and the possessed. And why have their west coast fr
IzamaRi H. Fabela
Bien, creo que la sinopsis narra bastante bien parte de la historia, así que esta vez yo no lo hare. La traición del Vampiro, es el cuarto libro de la saga “Vampiros del nuevo mundo”. Y como es el cuarto, me costó un poco de trabajo entender la historia, pues los libros siguen una línea consecutiva. Por como inicio el libro, supongo que el final del tercer libro, fue el inicio de este que leí, pues desde el inicio sigues la historia del cuerpo inerte de Jack y no te explican muy bien cómo es que ...more
Yodamom
The slayer in in their mist awakened to bring the fall of the vampires. The problem is even bigger, the slayer loves and is loved by a vampire. She awakens only to bring final death to the Savannah vampires in her maddened frenzy. That is not the only trouble in this Southern city, The Vampire counsel is on the rise and causing major catastrophes. Oh, will they ever get a break ?!?!??! Heartbreaking this book in the series takes a turn in a new direction for our beloved Savannah Vampires.
PM
By book 4, the character's are quite growing on me and the twists just keep on coming. This book was wild. My husband has liked this series more than most, from the start. As he told me today, you just don't expect each book to end at all the way they do!
Lawana

"The Vampire's Betrayal is by turns romantic, tragic, horrific, fantastic and fun—a huge range for just one book! Jam packed with vampires, werewolves, voodoo, demons, zombies and faeries, there is plenty here to entertain fantasy and vampire fans alike."
εlﻨբ ツ
Bence yazarın sorunu bütün sırları bir anda ortaya dökmesi.. Sayfaları çevirirken diyorum şimdi ne patlatacak.Yani 3-4kitaba yetecek olay yaşandı.William için ümidi kesmedim Jack için her şey daha da zorlaşacak gibi. Kadınlar beni gene çileden çıkardı:@
jD
Booker Like a Hooker
Yani kimse okumasın William'ı ölü gösterdiler birden öylece.Önemli bir olay değilmiş gibi.Bu olamaz.Okumayın,hiç değmez.Jack ne kadar çekici olsa da William olmadan hiçbirşey yeterli değil.
jeanie lepore
This installment of the Savannah vampires was disappointing. I am unsure if I will continue on with this series after the death of one of the most interesting characters.
Oh no! One of the best characters has been killed! I am so sad! Connie has gone off her rocker! AKA, fulfilling her destiny and all that. What is Jack going to do now?
Daelith
Ms Hart has left me anguishing again at the close of book 4 in her Savannah Vampire series. Not to mentioned stunned at the conclusion. Write faster!!
Wendy
Well crap. She killed off a favorite character. I'm not happy. I will keep reading because now I want to know what happens.
John Nova
Wow, this was fast and fun reading. There was so much thriller and suspense throughout the while book. Now to the last book.
Cindyg
This was a shocker, didn't it coming and don't understand why it did.
Shana
I really want the author to get the 6th book out. i'm drying up here.
Brey
Some how not my favorite series, but still one of my favorite series.
Lemonitsa
3 1/2 stars
I am dazed after this one!
Alta
I'm a bit shocked, she left me very curious...
Rayven
Rayven marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Patri Martinez
Patri Martinez is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2015
Genevieve Goskie
Genevieve Goskie marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • Reign of the Dead
  • Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #5)
  • Pink Ice (Ice#2)
  • Nice & Naughty
  • Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)
  • Undercover Professor
  • Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)
  • Josh's Justice (Bad in Boots, #4)
  • El complot mongol
  • One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2)
  • Tempted At Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4)
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • Annie, Get Your Guy / Messing Around with Max (Harlequin Duets, #47)
  • Settling (Solid, #2)
  • Las dos muertes de Lina Posada (Mundo Umbrío #1)
  • Chasing Midnight (Vampire/Werewolf Trilogy, #1)
Susan Goggins, the real name of Raven Hart, has been a newspaper reporter, a speechwriter for a K Street PR firm in Washington, D.C., and for most of her career, a technical writer.

Both The Vampire's Seduction and The Vampire's Secret were co-written by Virginia "Gin" Ellis and Susan Goggins. Gin passed away suddenly in January, 2006. Susan will continue the Savannah vampires series with The Vamp
More about Raven Hart...

Savannah Vampire (5 books)
  • The Vampire's Seduction (Savannah Vampire, #1)
  • The Vampire's Secret (Savannah Vampire, #2)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Savannah Vampire, #3)
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)
The Vampire's Seduction (Savannah Vampire, #1) The Vampire's Secret (Savannah Vampire, #2) The Vampire's Kiss (Savannah Vampire, #3) The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5) Bachelorette: Zombie Edition