Start by marking “Journey to La Salle�s Settlement” as Want to Read:
Journey to La Salle�s Settlement

Journey to La Salle�s Settlement (Mr. Barrington's Mysterious Trunk #5)

2.33 of 5 stars 2.33  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Now don’t change history while I’m gone,” Mr. B had said before leaving Hannah and Nick to lock the trunk in the classroom closet. Despite Hannah’s pledge to comply, a trickle of beach sand and a slosh of seawater turn to a flood tide after she lifts the lid. The siblings, along with their friend Jackie, find themselves in a wooden canoe off the seventeenth-century Texas c
Published April 15th 2010 by Texas Tech University Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Journey to La Salle�s Settlement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey to La Salle�s Settlement

Megan
When Jackie, Nick, and Hannah open Mr. Barrington's mysterious trunk, they are transported to another time and place. This time, they find themselves aboard La Salle's La Belle, one of the three boats headed to La Salle's settlement. They find a list of items that they must find to return back home. On their scavenger hunt, they meet the Talon children, hunt buffalo, and learn about life on a ship. Will they find the items so they can return home?
Of Melodie Cuate's Mr. Barrington's Trunk Serie
Kailey M.
I enjoyed this book as much as the rest of the books in this series. It was really neat to discover that the Talon family was a family that really existed and they had kids just like me. It was sad to know they became orphans but they grew up loved just the same. It seems to make it all more real for me when I learn about the Talon's. The French to English translations were very help to me. The previous books had Spanish to English translations but I knew a little bit of Spanish. I know no Frenc ...more
Lukav
Journey to La Salle's Settlement, by Melodie A. Cuate, is about Nick and Hannah, a brother and sister, with Jackie, Hannah's friend go back in time to La Salle's settlement, after opening their teacher's mysterious trunk. They must collect a series of items before time runs out, otherwise they will be forever trapped in La Salle's time.

Journey to La Salle's Settlement is the last book in a series of five books (as of the time I am writing this). I would recommend this book to young Texas histo
Deborah Morgan
Even though the three kids travel back in time, I still classify this as historical fiction. In book five of this series Hannah, Nick, and Jackie travel back for the ship wreck of the La Salle and to see La Salle himself return from his first adventure from the settlement.
Carolyn Sill
What a great way to learn about Texas history! This book brought 3 kids back in time to La Salle's Settlement where they discover the struggles and blessings of the settlers. Great book for kids. Well done.
Aiden
In the 5th book of the series, Hannah, Jackie, and Nick go back in time to La Salle's settlement, and learn the hardships and difficulties of being a colonist.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Caleb
Caleb marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Steffen
Steffen marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Camryn added it
Jan 29, 2013
Sarah added it
Jan 28, 2013
Melodie A. Cuate writes books about Texas history for children.
More about Melodie A. Cuate...

Mr. Barrington's Mysterious Trunk (5 books)
  • Journey to the Alamo
  • Journey to San Jacinto
  • Journey to Gonzales
  • Journey to Goliad
Journey to the Alamo Journey to San Jacinto Journey to Gonzales Journey to Goliad Journey to Galveston