Start by marking “Alpha Within (Bonded Fantasy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Alpha Within (Bonded Fantasy, #3)

Alpha Within (Bonded Fantasy #3)

Luna was the answer to Dar’s prayers. Her fertility skills would save his Clan. That she was his mate was something that only made her claiming that much more perfect. Powerful and beautiful, her body sang for him. But he rushed her. He offered all of himself, baring his soul, and she stood in silence. Unable to comprehend the rejection, everything fell apart.

Dar accepted
Published 2008 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Alpha Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha Within

Angela
DNF at 2%.

I spent most of the 3 minutes I was reading this scowling at the book - I figured that meant it was time to give up. The world-building was confusing. The hero's thinks in circles. And I'm not really up for a fated-mate to solve the breeding issues right now.

Just not for me.
Mara
Jul 07, 2013 Mara rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, arc
2.5
If I were an erotica reader, I would stand up and hail my new mistress. As a simple omnivore, I'm confused by the direction this book took. Because this could have been so much better if it hadn't been dragged down by sex.

The first part suffers from sexitis pretty badly. When you are just getting into this world and this heroine, the sex is really meaningless (from the self-pleasuring moment after she's been basically blackmailed into following him into his camp, when she should be tired and
Andrea Heltsley
Apr 30, 2015 Andrea Heltsley rated it it was ok
I thought this book sounded pretty interesting, especially because I love shifter books. Unfortunately, this one fell flat. I couldn't get into the storyline. I couldn't connect with the characters and had a really hard time with the world building. Overall, It was a read that I just couldn't sink my teeth into.
Jaime
Sep 10, 2013 Jaime rated it liked it
I liked this book but at about 128 pages I wish it had been a bit longer so a few things cold have been explained. For example why was Luna considered a Darkmage for aiding couples with fertility? Their Gods seem to be a couple, so is it only by their will pregnancy can occur? I also would have liked to know more about the world and its cities. Were they a part of a country? Who ruled over them all? What exists outside of the cities and the Beast Lands? Also is this another world all together? ...more
Kay Pratt
Dec 03, 2013 Kay Pratt rated it liked it
This was my first time reading one of Mima's books. I am not usually an extreme fantasy lover because it can be a stretch of the imagination. But this book I liked. I must admit it was a bit awkward at first because I felt like I missed something since I hadn't read any of the previous books. But, I did come to like Luna as she was really trying to help people in spite of all the negative repercussions and danger in doing it. I didn't understand why she was persecuted for curing fertility ...more
Carrie
Jul 26, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't read any of the other Bonded Fantasy books (of which there are apparently many), but I don't think that really hindered me at all. This book was an erotic fantasy novel that was steamy and hot. It took place is a world that is probably better explained in Book 1, but was still just as easy to step into at this point. The tale revolves around a woman who has powers to help with pretty much all women's issues (pregnancy, ovu
Amanda
Apr 18, 2012 Amanda rated it did not like it
I honestly didn't get anything much from this story. I felt like I was being pulled in ten different directions at times. The dialogue, to me, left a lot to be desired. I'm not sure what effect Mima wanted to have with ALPHA WITHIN, but I was left empty. The characters seemed to all blend into one another and I really didn't find them to be memorable at all. The dialogue seemed to change non-stop. It was like a mish-mash of different dialects to me. Sometimes almost like a group of teenagers ...more
Sandra
May 19, 2011 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Book #3 in the Bonded Fantasy series.

Dar, Alpha of the Snowcat clan, is desperate to save his clan. There has only been 2 live births in the last 20 years and everyone is desperate. He hears of a bodymage specialising in fertility even though that is basically forbidden. It takes him 2 years of diligent searching to find her, Luna.

Luna, is working under the radar to assist human couples to have children, she moves between the 7 cities and changes her appearance, just like on Alias. She once help
Emily

This book was most assuredly steamy if nothing else! A super hot, extremely alpha male paired with a female a lot of women would identify with. As often seen in short stories, the romance develops quickly, and is very hot. But, their romance is a bit more believable at first since it develops from attraction. I enjoyed the plot line, and the fact that there actually was one! This was a very fast read and I enjoyed getting to know the characters and look forward to reading more of them.

I
Vicci
Aug 17, 2013 Vicci rated it liked it
This was good read. It took me awhile to get into to the story but once I did I found myself liking it. It is a different world and I got lost in some of back story. Really enjoyed the interaction between Dar and Luna.
Their Chemistry was just really amazing and I like how the both needed each other enough to fight for one another. I really love the closeness of clan and the family dynamics of it. It had some really amazing love scenes in this book. Hot and steamy just the way I like them!

It was
Amyra
Jul 17, 2013 Amyra rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
La storia era carina e poteva essere sviluppata facendono un bel libro, peccato che si è voluto esagerare nel fattore sesso un po' in tutti i sensi, ci ha tirato dentro anche il bondage M/M/F alla fine che mi ha un po' scocciato, non tanto per la scena in sè ma proprio perchè non aveva senso.

Si ringrazia NetGalley per la gentile preview.

Voto: 2 stelle
Carolyn F.
Mar 02, 2013 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it
Started/ended 02/18/13. PNR, fantasy, ebook. Luna helps with infertility and

more. She rescued by the snowcat alpha who has been searching for her for years. He has to figure out if she's his

true mate or was it the chase? And she has to figure out whether she can believe in her happiness. Very good story.

****
Flitterkit
May 03, 2010 Flitterkit rated it really liked it
I was unexpected happy with this one from the start. Some extreme sexual stuff, just as a FYI, but the characters are interesting and pretty well developed. I'll definitely be catching the rest of this series. :)
Johanna Panko
Jul 07, 2013 Johanna Panko rated it really liked it
This was a first by this author for me but I found I liked the style and the story. I got this for free somewhere and if you like Lora Leigh's books, this is good too.
Aug 01, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Check out my review at: Escape by Fiction
Merds
Merds rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Lilly
Lilly rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2011
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Vikki
Vikki rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2013
Velvetskirt
Velvetskirt rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2013
Jane Curry
Jane Curry rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Lede
Lede rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2010
Maddy Barone
Maddy Barone rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2010
Lilly
Lilly rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Lee Ann
Lee Ann rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
Ladystyx
Ladystyx rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2010
Lillium
Lillium rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Ana
Ana rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
2002127
Mima lives in a small village on the Erie Canal in the Finger Lakes of NY. Her passport is tattered and well-stamped, and her cats are fat and happy.
More about Mima...

Bonded Fantasy (10 books)
  • Wild Within (Bonded Fantasy, #1)
  • Beast Within (Bonded Fantasy, #2)
  • Honor Within (Bonded Fantasy, #4)
  • Within Reach (Bonded Fantasy, #5)
  • Spirit Within (Bonded Fantasy, #6)
  • Flame Within (Bonded Fantasy, #7)
  • Within Reason (Bonded Fantasy, #8)
  • Rogue Within (Bonded Fantasy, #9)
  • Hidden Within (Bonded Fantasy, #10)