Start by marking “Forsaken House (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forsaken House (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal, #1)

Forsaken House (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal #1)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  1,029 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Half-demon, half-elf monsters infest the glades of the High Forest, the mountains around Evereska, and the very halls of Evermeet itself. They claim a birthright that was taken from them so long ago even the elves who imprisoned them forgot they existed. For millennia the daemonfey army planned, grew, and waited.
Until now...
House Dlardrageth is an ancient cabal of demon-
Published August 1st 2004 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about Forsaken House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaken House

Shadowdale by Scott CiencinDissolution by Richard Lee ByersMaster of Chains by Jess LebowShadowbred by Paul S. KempDarkwalker on Moonshae by Douglas Niles
Forgotten Realms 22222
18th out of 54 books — 17 voters
The Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienGuards! Guards! by Terry PratchettA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Return of the King by J.R.R. TolkienPerdido Street Station by China Miéville
Favourite Fictional Cities
133rd out of 143 books — 97 voters

More lists with this book...

Michael Tharp
Jun 02, 2013 Michael Tharp rated it really liked it
The first book of the Last Mythal series. Forsaken house is the epic telling of the rise of a house of Demon Fey (called Fey'ri ). House Dlardreageth has been imprisoned for five thousand years, now they want their revenge on the Palebloods (elves) who imprisoned them.
An army from Evermeet (the extra planar home of the elves) returns to Faerun to aid their cousins in repelling an enormous army made of Fey'ri, demons, orcs and ogres, determined to destroy the elven cities of Evereska and Silverym
Kasey
May 25, 2014 Kasey rated it it was amazing
This book is so satisfying if you love elves. The lore in the story is rich. The types of elves, the places they live, their history, clothing, etc are all described in beautiful detail.

There are a TON of strong female characters in this that aren't love interests! I was very surprised because I didn't expect that from just looking at the book. From a forest warrior with a giant (female as well!) wolf, a beautiful moon elf who is the queen of all elves, a half elemental young lady who's just in
Travis
Dec 22, 2010 Travis rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Forsaken House by Richard Baker

Forsaken House is the first book in The Last Mythal trilogy. The second book is titled Farthest Reach and the final book is titled Final Gate. The Last Mythal trilogy is set in the Forgotten Realms setting of Dungeons and Dragons. Richard Baker has written a number of books, most of which are set in the Forgotten Realms. His Forgotten Realms work includes; the eighth book in the Double Diamond Triangle saga titled Easy Betrayals, a stand-alone book titled The Shado
David
May 08, 2013 David rated it it was ok
Overall Rating:1.75/5

This book looked like it was going to be good. The premise was interesting, and for the first hundred pages or so I was enjoying it. So why the low score?

Quite a few of the names in the book ruined the flow for me. The appendix in the back of the book helped with the pronunciation of the names, but they just don't roll off the tongue very easily.

Another complaint is the amount of characters that are in the book. There are a lot of them, and all of them are easily forgettabl
Tomi
Apr 28, 2016 Tomi added it
Recommends it for: All lovers of fantasy
Shelves: fantasy
This was an enjoyable book to read and I'm looking forward to starting the next part of the trilogy. It represents a very pivotal period in Faerûn's history; a world that I've long been very personally invested in, ever since I started reading playing the famous RPG table tops. In many ways this is the story about Faerûn that I always wanted to read, but while I had to wait a long time for it to be published, it was well worth it.

Richard Baker does a fantastic job, right on the heels of Ed Green
Michele
Aug 09, 2013 Michele rated it really liked it
Shelves: iniziato
This one is certainly one of the best written FR books I have read so far. The description of battles in a purely fantasy world is convincing and sound. I also liked the extreme detail and care taken when handling canon facts in the FR timeline. Highly recommended.
As a side note, consider that toril-shattering events take place in these pages, there are a LOT of epic-level happenings, related to the elves of Faerun...
Amanda
Oct 03, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best Forgotten Realms books I have read since Elminster! I love how Richard Baker ties all the stories of fallen Cormanthyr and Myth Drannor into this amazing series! If you've ever played World of Warcraft, this is the book for you.. if you've ever read Elminster, this is the book for you.. and if you love a good fantasy series, this is definitely the book for you! :)
Tony
Apr 06, 2008 Tony added it
Pretty good series so far. I have loved most of the Forgotten Realms books I have read. The world in which it takes place has been so thoroughly fleshed out that there is always so many different things going on in so many different places and they all matter to you.
Abhinav
Jul 13, 2014 Abhinav rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read
You can read the full review over at my blog:

It has been a good long while since I’ve read a Forgotten Realms novel. The last one was in December of last year, Elfshadow by Elaine Cunningham. It was a fairly good read, but I’ve definitely read better, from the works of Erin M. Evans and Paul S. Kemp and Richard Baker and all. It is definitely a setting that I love exploring and the more I read in it, the more excited I get about it. Forgotten Realms fully
Umang
Jun 30, 2011 Umang rated it liked it
I was really keen on reading the Last Mythal series, a story about how a certain sun-elf house fell out of favor and are now back wtih a vengeance. Unfortunately, my imagination about what this book could have been came from Evermeet: Island of the Elves by Elaine Cunningham, which did a splendid job talking about the rich history of the elves and particularly of Evermeet in the Forgotten Realms setting.

There were portions of the book that I thought was really really good, such as the political
Candice
Aug 15, 2013 Candice rated it really liked it
This was very clearly the first book in a trilogy. That said, it was a very good first book and I look forward to reading the rest.

While reading, I kept getting the impression that I was reading the novelization of a DM's multi-group epic campaign sessions. This is far from a bad thing; on the contrary, it added a sense of derailed planning to the plot, as though dice were rolled to determined which way the action turned.

The main adventuring party is very closely linked to one that had previousl
Shrimpknuckles
Dec 23, 2014 Shrimpknuckles rated it liked it
Awesome characterization, but perhaps these characters belonged in another milieu? I kept thinking hat he main character was a human in face paint, a wig, and false ears.
Mark Boltz-Robinson
Dec 20, 2014 Mark Boltz-Robinson rated it really liked it
A good foray into the Drow and Cormanthor and the elves, in the Year of Lightning Storms (1374 DR). Pretty solid for fans of the Forgotten Realms of D&D.
Shiroiken
Aug 22, 2012 Shiroiken rated it really liked it
A little hard to get into, as it assumes you already know quite a bit about the Elves of the Forgotten Realms. Excellent story, and it doesn't hurt that my old DM used the book as the basis for the background of my favorite character.
Chrystalla
Nov 19, 2013 Chrystalla marked it as to-read
I am only in the first 20 pages or so, so I'll read on and see - but so far I am not impressed at all, from the wooden writing and cliched characters, races and worldbuilding. Oh well, we'll see.
Pål
Jan 03, 2016 Pål rated it liked it
Not for everyone, but a story where over-the-top magic actually works. A rare find.
Michael Brown
Mar 06, 2012 Michael Brown rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I just couldn't get enthralled over this book and set it aside after about 100 pages.
Morgan Stanley
Jun 16, 2013 Morgan Stanley rated it it was amazing
easily one of my favorite series in forgotten realms. Read this book!
Cody
Jan 14, 2009 Cody rated it liked it
it was hard but a good one one of the best i think
ML
Aug 11, 2009 ML rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A good adventure in three parts.
Rob
Sep 28, 2007 Rob rated it it was ok
Meh...
Tyler Ellsworth
Tyler Ellsworth rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Aaron Anello
Aaron Anello rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Bryce
Bryce marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Ruud Verpaalen
Ruud Verpaalen rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Logan Howlett
Logan Howlett rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
george butler
george butler rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Garrett Rooney
Garrett Rooney marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
  • Realms of the Elves (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #11)
  • Storm of the Dead (Lady Penitent #2)
  • Blackstaff (Forgotten Realms: The Wizards, #1)
  • The Siege (Forgotten Realms: Return of the Archwizards, #2)
  • The Rage (Forgotten Realms: The Year of Rogue Dragons, #1)
  • Darkvision (Forgotten Realms: The Wizards, #3)
  • Black Wolf (Sembia #4)
  • The Sapphire Crescent (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #1)
  • Shadowstorm (Forgotten Realms: The Twilight War, #2)
  • The Magehound (Forgotten Realms: Counselors & Kings, #1)
  • Swords of Dragonfire (Forgotten Realms: Knights of Myth Drannor, #2)

Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal (3 books)
  • Farthest Reach (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal, #2)
  • Final Gate (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal, #3)