Start by marking “No Place Like Home” as Want to Read:
No Place Like Home

No Place Like Home (Cisco #1)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  1,679 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
Join beloved bestselling author Fern Michaels in her first holiday novel, a spirited, touching tale of three dynamic siblings who will do anything to bring their grandmother home for Christmas.

Published December 16th 2002 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about No Place Like Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Place Like Home

Jackie Becker
Jan 28, 2016 Jackie Becker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book..A nice book to read in the winter...
Margaret
Mar 07, 2014 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Join beloved bestselling author Fern Michaels in her first holiday novel, a spirited, touching tale of three dynamic siblings who will do *anything* to bring their grandmother home for Christmas.**

The Cisco triplets are appalled by their widowed father's behavior. He seems to care more about his gold-digging fiancée than he does about his own son and daughters. Even worse, Dad put their spunky grandmother -- head of the family candy company -- in a nursing home against her will. Setting out to
Louise
Mar 22, 2009 Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This is the first Fern Michael's novel I've ever read and must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I'll see if I can locate another of her books.

"No Place Like Home" was an easy, enjoyable, feel good, comfortable and quick read. I read it in a couple of hours this afternoon.

From the back cover:

"The Cisco triplets are appalled by their widowed father's behaviour. He seems to care more about his gold-digging financee than he does about his own son and daughters. Even worse, Dad put their spunky g
Joanne
Dec 07, 2011 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas-books
A holiday story by Fern Michaels. Another first time read for me by this popular author.

This book is a cute and quick light read with a happy ending. Exactly what I expected to get into the holiday season.

Grandmother Cisco, the family candy-making matriarch, is getting older and plagued with health issues. The comical and rebel antics of the her grandchildren the "Trips" (brother Sam, hard-hearted Hannah and sassy Sara) are entertaining. Cisco’s son, Jonathan is more interested in his new fling
Wendy
Feb 10, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I managed to read the second book first with this series. However, learning the backstory on this family was very interesting. The family is anchored by the grandmother (Cisco) and she is mother to Jonathan and grandmother to the triplets Sam, Hannah, and Sara. This story starts when Cisco, a formerly independent business owner is struggling with cataracts. She is waiting for them to get bad enough for surgery and takes a fall which breaks her arm. Her son, who is about to marry a bimbo gold dig ...more
Pattyrflg
Loretta Cisco, the CEO of Cisco Candy, loves her little cottage, her faithful golden retriever, and her grandchildren (triplets). When she breaks her arm, he son moves her to an assisted living facility. Sam, Sarah and Hannah (AKA "the trips") find out what their father has done to Cisco, their beloved grandmother, and head to the assisted living facility to spring her. The trips see that Cisco is taken care of and make plans for their Christmas break at the cottage. Their favorite time of year. ...more
Dorry Lou
The Cisco girls are triplets that are very close to their grandmother. They learn that their widowed father has put the grandmother in a nursing home against her wishes. The girls, college students, have always come home for the holidays where its been a family affair, but this year their father is dating a gold-digging woman so they decide they will take things in their hands.
It was fun reading about the trouble these girls could get in, how much they loved their grandmother and how they planne
Becky
Nov 27, 2011 Becky rated it liked it
Shelves: series, christmas, 2011, own
"No Place Like Home" was a very quick and easy read. While I enjoyed the descriptive details of people, places and things in this book, I felt that the writing was rather choppy and the conversations between characters were unrealistic. I began this book because I was looking for a light, cheerful holiday read that reminded me of the cozy Chistmases of my childhood, and I'd say this book achieved that, once I got past the awkward feel of the dialog.In my opinion, not one of F.M.'s best, but I'll ...more
Marjorie
Jan 30, 2017 Marjorie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the sweetness of this book. Sometimes you need a sappy, feel good, happy ending kind of book. I am about to start Cisco, #2. We have two libraries where I live. The county ones and a city one. The city one sometimes has older books that you don't necessarily see in the county ones. I saw a bunch of Betty Neels books that I read back in the late 1970's. They were new editions, not the Harlequin ones. But this one did not have a single Ashton Lee book, which I found to be unusual. But with ...more
Adeline Kam
Dec 12, 2016 Adeline Kam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't enjoy reading this book at all. It is so shallow and very boring. The characters and storyline is so predictable and flat. Fern described the characters and situations with too much details and step by step, so it was like reading a children's storybook, instead of an adult's fiction. I was very disappointed in this book. The title and cover is nice. Could at least put some twist in this story. Maybe the only character that I find interesting is Alexandra herself.
Maggie
Nov 03, 2009 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was cute. I wasn't aware that it was a series though. I loved the triplets but I am disappointed that I listened to the audio instead of reading the book. The narrator "up-talked" when she voiced the dialog for Hannah and Sara. They are 2 smart girls and ending every sentence like a question really grated on my nerves. I'm curious about the follow-up books, if they continue the story line of all the engagements in this book I will probably like them better.
Kshydog
Nov 10, 2014 Kshydog rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick very easy read with its typical way of you knowing the ending with everyone happy at Christmas. Did like how the triplets got their grandma Cisco out of the nursing home, solving her health issues so quickly. Enjoyed the responses to the father's love interest knowing how it would end. Story was so short it lack real development of the characters other than knowing they were all just good people.
Jess (Shepherdjel)
Man...Fern Michael's gets me every time! What a beautiful book about Family! In the end nothing is more important than Family!! I loved everything about this book! A great quick read about a widowed father who lost his way and forgot how important family is and in the end, he gets back on track and everything is happy and wonderful. The style and flow of the book is just amazing...she always makes me cry :-)
Judy
May 29, 2013 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about the Cisco triplets and their life with their grandmother and father after their mother passes away. They are in college and as a team they come to the aid of their ailing grandmother. Very touching book that kept me interested until the end. I haven't read one of Fern Michaels books in some time and I thoroughly enjoyed her writing. A great storyteller!
Amy Adams
For what it is, this is a pretty good little story. It's a nice, quick holiday read--something light and airy after a year of heavy reading. It's one of those poor-little-rich-kids stories that's predictable, short, and sweet. I do not plan to read any of the other books in this series (nor anything else by the author, for that matter), but I'm glad I gave this one a try.
Natasha Reynoso
Feb 18, 2014 Natasha Reynoso rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bestbooks
I enjoyed reading about the Triplets. Their a kind of fun machine. But, the most important thing is the message behind all those letter: Family is the most important. Adults, get stuck in their minds that, because thei're grown, they don't make mistakes, but they do. We must listen carefully when we are being advice about making a decision.
Alison
I never read romance, but I picked this up for .50 cents and thought it might be a nice quick holiday read. It was OK - extremely predictible, pretty cheesy, but not terrible. However, because I'm not familiar with this genre, maybe all romance is like this and it's actually a really good one - I don't know.
Vesta Hermione Phoenix Pimentel
The Cisco triplets remind me of me and my siblings. Seriously the proverbial brick wall of stubbornness. Hard-hearted Hannah and her conviction, plus head-over-heel attitude in love screams my name. This is such a hashtag for family issues. LOL
Rayni
Feb 08, 2011 Rayni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Clean, fun romance
Recommended to Rayni by: My mother
Beware, there is not a stopping place in this book. My son warned me & I thought that Mother (me) knew best, but, guess what? He was right. I could not find a stopping place & read it in one sitting. My mom loved it & listened to it 2x.

Joyce
Jan 04, 2014 Joyce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I totally enjoyed this book, especially because it was the first time I completed an 'immersion reading' with the Audible book. The narrator, Mary Elaine Monti, was very good with voices of all characters.
Debbie
Dec 12, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy Fern Michaels books, they are fast moving and she alwys has a good story to tell. I don't need to be scared to death or cry the whole way through a book, so these are always enjoyable reads.
A plus of this story is that it takes place in central Pennsylvania, which is where I live.
Mary
A family holiday story about a beloved grandmother (Granny Cisco), her widowed son, and his 3 children. Granny is unnecessarily put in a nursing home but Sara, Hannah, and Sam bring her to celebrate an unforgettable family Christmas.
Duzzlebrarian
Do you know what porridge tastes like? Have you ever poured too much sugar over your porridge? And did you eat it anyway? Well, this book was like that. I knew what it was going to be like, it was a little too sweet for my tastes - but I read it anyway and was perfectly satisfied afterwards.
Meaghan Alvarado
A quick read to get you in the spirit of the holidays. Cute love stories for all the characters, and a widowed Father who has went back on his promises to his now grown triplets. The path to reconciliation is a bumpy one; this is a heart happy story with all the cheeriness of winter in the snow.
M.L. Carr
If I had turned this in to my lit professor, he would have called it corny, cliché and impossibly coincidental. So why do we get a lift from reading this kind of book? Maybe I'm hard-wired to like up beat, happy endings and warm Christmas gatherings.
Krista Pratt
Feb 08, 2012 Krista Pratt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very quick, easy read.
Laura Beasley
Good story. Quick read and predictable ending. Good life lessons on family and friends. Enjoyed the characters and got a lot out of it.
Cindy
Dec 13, 2008 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-reads
Every once in a while, you need to read a book where everything is tied up in the traditional American happily ever after knot. This will meet that need.
Miriam
Mar 23, 2011 Miriam added it
Awesome!
  • The Snow Globe
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Angels Everywhere
  • The Christmas Clock
  • Silver Bells
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • The Christmas Note (Christmas Hope #6)
  • Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball
  • The Christmas Wish
  • Holiday in Stone Creek: A Stone Creek Christmas / At Home in Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #4 & 6)
  • Christmas at Harrington's
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • The Paper Bag Christmas
  • A Highlander Christmas
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Cisco (2 books)
  • Family Blessings (Cisco, #2)