Start by marking “I Wish I Had Glasses Like Rosa” as Want to Read:
I Wish I Had Glasses Like Rosa

I Wish I Had Glasses Like Rosa

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  6 reviews
How far will Rosa go to be just like Abby? On the other hand, how far will Abby go to be just like Rosa? Best friends, Abby and Rosa want to be just like each other. Kids are reminded to like themselves "just the way they are!" through humorous situations and outlandish schemes that both Abby and Rosa undertake in these stories. Rosa and Abby's friendship is brought to lif ...more
Published June 1st 2009 by Raven Tree Press (first published February 22nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about I Wish I Had Glasses Like Rosa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Wish I Had Glasses Like Rosa

MissDziura
I listened to Kathryn Heling's book I Wish I Had Glasses Like Rosa on tumblebooks. The book is written for K-3rd graders. The story centers around Abby a girl who is jealous of how beautiful her friend Rosa looks in her glasses. She tries to make her own glasses using goggles even when she does not swim, and clay. In the end she realizes that she is as beautiful as her friend even though she does not have the glasses to prove it. This is an extremely appropriate story to read to students when di ...more
Lindsay Kaiktsian
Heling, K., Hembrook,D., & Adamson,B. (2009). I Wish I Had Glasses Like Rosa . Raven Tree Press.

Library of Virginia

Tumblebooks

Everyone wishes that they had something that their best friend had. This book explains just that with the story line being about a young girl wanting glasses like her best friend. But in the end it turns out that her best friend wants something that she has. This book would be a great way to talk about differences and being happy with who you are. Great for readers
Lauren
Abbey wishes she had glasses like her friend Rosa because she thinks they look beautiful. Abbey tried on all sorts of glasses like her grandma's reading glasses, clay glasses and even party glasses, but none of them seem to work. Rosa tells Abbey that she wishes she had freckles like her.

This story demonstrates the importance of individuality. Every child is different and spacial in their own way. The children should be encouraged to feel unique after this book.
Sam Willis
This book is about 2 girls who are friends and one of them really likes the glasses the other one is wearing. A decent book for a kid that might be upset about needing to get glasses.
Stacey Learst
This was a great book to teach children about differences in one another. I also liked how the book was in English and Spanish to teach children some Spanish. At the end of the book I liked that it had vocabulary words both in English and Spanish for the teacher to go over with the students.
Really great learning experience book.
Dolly
May 31, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun tale about wanting something you don't have. Another example of "the grass is always greener..." Our girls enjoyed watching the story on the Tumblebooks website. (tumblebooks.com)
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Edline
Edline marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Aiswarya
Aiswarya marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Pushpa Kiranwala
Pushpa Kiranwala is currently reading it
May 18, 2013
Melanie Moras
Melanie Moras marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Varun Krishnan
Varun Krishnan marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Janu
Janu added it
May 07, 2013
Khushi
Khushi is currently reading it
May 06, 2013
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Kesiah
Kesiah marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Dhriti Shah
Dhriti Shah marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Divya
Divya marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Clothesline Clues To Jobs People Do Mouse Makes Words: A Phonics Reader Ten Grouchy Groundhogs Ten Lucky Leprechauns Mouse's Hide-and-Seek Words