Start by marking “La chasseresse (Night World, #7)” as Want to Read:
La chasseresse (Night World, #7)

La chasseresse (Night World #7)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  3,405 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Blood Fever

Jez Redfern is unique. She's a vampire hunter... who's half vampire. Raised in the Redfern family, the girl with fiery hair and silvery-blue eyes was the undisputed leader of a gang of vampire raiders. Then came the discovery that shattered her life-- her mother was a human. Now, Jez hunts her former friends, protecting humans from the Night World.

But when Cir

broché
Published November 10th 2011 by Michel Lafon (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about La chasseresse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La chasseresse

Yuemei
this is my favorite among the night world series that I've read so far...when i started reading this, seems like i can't find the will to stop, and the twist?! wonderful!...i like jez very much...a half breed...so cool^^ how her life change from a leader of teen vampire gang to kick ass human/vampire hunter...she got a strong character...and a good fighter too...love her!!!! so that made me want to kill the bad guys who tried...okaayyyy who did tortured her! come on! she's a beauty! how could th ...more
Inge
And thus begins the search for the Wild Powers to prevent the end of the world. In between, we have Jez and Morgead discovering they are soulmates. The two couldn't be more different and they always argue. It's a recipe for disaster; a true love-hate relationship. But that's what makes it so interesting. They don't instantly accept that they're soulmates - Jez tries to fight it with all that she has. The contrast is pretty cool.
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Oh! This one was even better. I loved the way that the books are connected with each other. Lisa Jane Smith must be a great storyteller because her imagination is making me twist in my seat and wonder what will happen next in the series.

This book is the story of Jez, a half-vampire half-human creature, who when learns about her mixed origins decides to leave from her gang because she knows that they will kill her if they find out what she is. But as the end of the World comes closer, old prophe
Astoria
So I really like Jez, she is a likable character. I think she was in love with Morgead even before leaving, whch is probably right. Hugh an old Soul she loved, but could never have was a nice touch.

So she was sent to invetigate, and steal the Wild Power form her old friends. She found out about her link to Morgead, and feared it, I don't really know which is it I like the msot, but the story wasn't boring, and Claire was not so annoying, as I thought she would be.

The end was the right one, and
Anisa
for teenagers that love vampires, werewolves and witches story...the NightWorld surely d best, n I this is my favorite^^
Brenda
This book is one of the books in the NIGHT WORLD volumns. this is my 2nd favorite one. i love the NIGHT WORLD series!
D.m. Omar
Desiree
5 stars.

Still a favorite. Huntress was one of my top 3 favorite novels in the Night World series, if not my number 1 favorite and at this point it still is. I enjoyed the story from beginning to end and there was only a few minor issues that don't effect my rating at all.

The story starts with Jezebel (Jez) Redfern a vampire and her gang toying with some human gang members. It was a fun scene, even though I knew that the humans would probably be dead soon. It's during this part that Jez realize
Evie
Have I ever mentioned how much I simply ADORE this book? No? Oh, well, allow me to do so now.
I actually own the volume with 7, 8, and 9 all in one (as well as the first two volumes with 1-6) and have read them avidly. But I thought it would be easier to review a single story from the volume like this because then you know which one I'm talking about ;)
I'm definitely a huuuuuge fan of Ms. Smith. No one writes romance, action, and forbidden perfect love quite like her! I reread Huntress the other
Bibliotropic
lisa
oh man, i love this one. the rest of the series is pretty good, but the end of the world stuff is just an awesome story, and i love how ljs tells it. (well, except for the ending. since it doesn't exist. still. 13 years later.) but seriously, i still have notebooks from high school with the prophecies and speculation scribbled all over them. there was probably a whole section of the lj smith SAT (yes, my best friend and i created a standardized test) devoted to it.

PLUS jez and morgead are my faa
Belinda
my favorite of the nightworld series. i read it when i was fifteen before these kind of romance became common. i felt it was too short and so much could have happened e.g. the hugh crush.

i love jez. her name is like no other. she is a strong person and can be very fiery. she made me enjoy the book. her selflessness is very powerful yet real. her issues are serious yet mostly comical.

morgead is my favorite nightworld guy. i love him and i love how jez distabilizes him. its very cute. his love fo
Alexandra
I loved this book! I must have read it a thousand times. Jez is a strong, stubborn and can take care of herself, something that is becoming rare in a lot of books i've read lately. The sopporting characters are important, they don't simply fade into the background like many other supporting characters do. Morgead is the ultimate bad boy: motorcycle, leather jacket, and a brooding attitude. I loved him. The dialoug with Jez and Morgead isn't so mushy that you roll your eyes, or so hostile that yo ...more
Kristen "Kirby"
What can I say? I looooved it.

Pace? Quick with never a dull moment. Many twists and turns kept me absorbed and actually excited to keep reading. (believe me, that's hard to come by). I didn't feel boggled down by details; there's enough to satisfy the need for a backdrop and keep the story goin.

The main characters, Jez and Morgead were fiery, likable, and well rounded characters. I genuinely wanted them to be together and never found myself rolling my eyes at their dialog or declarations of love
Sakina (Y.L.) Angel
Quick read, classic LJ Smith. I liked the characters here more than in some of her other Night World books - here they seemed more well-rounded, and the chemistry between the soul mates was much better. Plot-wise, it was pretty exciting, as this book begins to bring the whole series together, and draws more attention to the mythology of the Night World and its history. I also thought that this was one of the more believable Night World stories - girl runs away and then comes back to reclaim her ...more
Rahisha
Absolutely love it xx
RiRi
Night World, No.3
Jenny
I listened to this book as a filler since I am on a waiting list for another book at the library. I must say that even though this book is the 7th in a series, I felt like I could just pick up this book and fall into the middle of a story from another world. I liked it!
Leeanna
Night World #7: Huntress, by L. J. Smith

In "Huntress," Smith develops a larger story line for her Night World series. The new concept deals with the coming millennium and a possible apocalypse that will wipe out humanity and return the world to an age where the Night World rules, rather than exists on the fringes. Humanity will only be saved if four legendary Wild Powers are found and kept safe by Circle Daybreak. But the Night World is searching for these powers as well...

Enter Jez Redfern. Onc
Tessa
Un nouveau tome de la saga Night World et une grande évolution dans cet univers de la nuit. Les premiers tomes vivaient de façon autonome avec pour seuls fil rouge, Ash et les règles du Night World.

A présent, on retrouve une continuité dans les tomes, sachant que les précédents intervenants sont de plus en plus impliqués, et que sont utilisées des références aux histoires ainsi qu’aux origines expliquées au fur et à mesure (un peu comme dans le précédent tome).

On pourrait d’ailleurs se demander
Amy
Jeni
Ok. First of all, I love the fact that the main character’s name is Jez (short for Jezebel) because we named our daughter Jezabelle, and I’ve always loved the name. Our Jezabelle goes by Jez or Jezi for short which is also pretty cool. This is the first time I’ve encountered this name out in the world, so to speak, so it was pretty exciting for me. LOL
Aside from amazing character names, I enjoyed Huntress for its other attributes as well. I liked how they played up the “human discrimination” ang
Amy
I read the Nightworld series for the first time when i was in high school, and it really resonated with me. As an adult, I still enjoy rereading the series frequently. This book is one of my favorites in the series.

Human-hating vampire Jez Redfern is horrified when she learns she is a human/vampire crossbreed- an abomination in the eyes of both species. She has to come to terms with what she is, and find a way to live on the fine line between two warring species, not really belonging to either.
Sinfonia
Mais um capítulo terminado e como sempre L. J. Smith não me desapontou!

Achei imensa piada à relação amor/ódio entre Jez e Morgead.

De leitura rápida, acho que esse terá sido o livro que até agora gostei mais. Talvez por fazer-se menção a algo tão hediondo e aterrador como o Fim do Mundo, e a introdução de um novo Poder, capaz de salvar o Mundodos humanos tal como o conhecemos.

Smith, nesse livro, encaixa muito bem a relação Mundo da Noite e os humanos, criando uma personagem que sendo meio vampira
Janni
Kelly
I know that L.J. Smith wrote The Vampires Diaries, which I admit not to have read though I'm a fan of the tv show.

This, to me, was a little lackluster. It felt like an abridged version of a story. It had some clever ideas but none of the storylines felt fully developed.

Three stars because I don't regret reading it, but I'm not certain I'll read the sequels or if I would recommend it to others.
Fantasy Literature
Whereas the first NIGHT WORLD omnibus set up the basic concept for the Night World and the rules in place for its existence, the second began to give the sense that all the stories were interconnected rather than one-off stories. With each installment, more was learned about the history of the sub-world, the concept of soulmates, and (particularly in this final omnibus) the coming of the end of the world. Such was the case for the first nine books in this series, but unfortunately, the final boo ...more
Corrinne
Finally all the stories (even though have all new characters in each book) is finally following the same linear path of this storyline. Make reading much easier, and it is nice to finally see what the old characters we came to love (and their stories end all too short) are up to now.
Paola Gualteros
me gusto mucho,la determinación de la protagonista y el hecho de que haya podido encontrar a su alma gemela fue genial
Nicole Mathias
these are excellent reads, i love the bigger novels and wanted the story to just go on and on and on.
  • Creatures of Forever
  • The Salvation
  • Dare (Greystone, #2)
  • Silent Stalker
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 03
  • Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3)
  • Lord of the Abyss / Desert Warrior
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 4 (Wild Ones, #4)
  • Tsubasa: Those with Wings, Volume 1
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...
The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9) Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6) Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1) Night World, No. 1 (Night World, #1-3)

“DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME, JEZEBEL! DON'T YOU DARE! Or I'll follow you to the next world and KILL you.” 264 likes
“Ghouls weren't smart, but like the Energizer Bunny they kept going and going.” 197 likes