Underfoot (Bellagio, #2)

Underfoot (Bellagio #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  693 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Bellagio, Inc. public relations genius Trina Roberts had been a bad, bad girl when she'd gone to bed with a recently jilted groom and wound up pregnant. She knew Walker Gordon wasn't looking for forever -- at least not with her. So when he took a job overseas, she sort of "neglected" to tell him about the baby on the way.

Well, now he's back...and he's just figured out the...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Hqn (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Underfoot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Underfoot

Shawna
3 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance

Walker Gordon gets dumped by his rich, perfect, plastic heiress fiancée and has a wild, passionate, but drunken one night stand with business associate Trina Roberts, who harbors strong, secret feelings for him. Then he takes off for Paris oblivious to the fact that Trina is pregnant with his child.

Fast forward 15 months later, and Walker is back and working on the Bellagio, Inc. designer shoe account with Trina once again and is surprised to find that she has a...more
MaggieReadsRom
This book starts where book 1 ended: Walker Gordon being dumped at the altar. Walker was about to marry Brooke Tarantino; great-niece of the owners of Bellagio and Bellagio designed her wedding shoes. At the last minute Brooke decides to do the runaway bride-act and literally left the groom standing at the altar.

Trina Roberts, who works in the PR department at Bellagio's, has had a crush on Walker but he was off-limits because he was engaged.
After an alcohol-induced one-night-stand between the...more
Jen Rothmeyer
I was not impressed with this book. As a former single parent, I only wish that it was so easy to get back together with your former fling. In addition, it seemed like all that drew these two back together was their sex life. Sadly, there is more to life than sex.
Sarah Eiseman
This book is my favorite Leann Banks book and one that I’ve read a few times already. It’s the second in a series about the Bellagio shoe corporation. The main character, Trina, ends up with an unexpected surprise when she hooks up with a former fiance of one of the Bellagio family members. Although I liked the other stories in this series, this one was the most heartwarming and funny of the three. Banks’s books tend to showcase single women as being able to take on the challenges they are faced...more
Linda Hawk
#2 in the Bellagio series is just as fun as the first. When the Bellagio Shoe Company's Public Relations turns into a very public break up and the result of private relations become far too public you know the sparks are going to fly.

Leanne Banks brings humor to a humiliating situation and romance to the office.

A great way to laugh your way to romance.
Noco
Avevo adorato il precedente della serie e mi sembrava impossibile che questo potesse piacermi altrettanto. Oltretutto la trama e, soprattutto le prime pagine del libro non mi facevano certo ben sperare. Eppure...
dopo averlo iniziato, l'ho divorato. Uno sviluppo profondamente coinvolgente, per una trama che sulla carta mi attirava davvero poco: poche autrici riescono a convincermi con presupposti tanto lontani dai miei gusti.
Ho apprezzato sopratutto la filosofia che impernia tutta la storia e da...more
Carmela
carinissimoooooooooo mi sono piaciuti tantissimo walker e Trina..e ora voglio leggere con ansia la storia di Amelia, mi ha fatto una grande pena poveretta
Roberta
La serie Bellagio di Leanne Banks è ambientata in una multinazionale della scarpa da donna, la Bellagio Inc., appunto. Nel primo romanzo, Feet First (Cuore e cioccolato) Jenny Prillman, assistente di uno stilista della Bellagio, si ritrova a prendere il posto del suo responsabile e a disegnare le scarpe per il matrimonio (e l'ereditiera) dell'anno, Brooke Tarantino (nipote dei fondatori della Bellagio). In questo ruolo si ritrova a lavorare a stretto contatto con il suo capo, Mark Waterson. Un p...more
❥ Azzurra
Molto carino anche questo libro della Banks, ma comunque non ai livelli di Cuore e cioccolato.
Jenny è Jenny e Trina non riesce ad arrivare alla sua dolcezza...anche se ha un buon aiutante in Maddie. ^_^
Ci sono però buone probabilità che riesca a recuperare con il prossimo libro della serie che ha per protagonista Amelia...new entry di La felicità a piccoli passi. Amelia, infatti, mi sembra molto più simile (caratterialmente e anche fisicamente) a Jenny di quanto non sia Trina...e forse, se ben...more
Cathy
Up until 95%, I was waffling between 3.5 and 4 stars. The ending conflict was so unnecessary (ridiculous!!) and the conclusion rushed, it's been downgraded to a 3.
Julie
What do you do when you end up pregnant after a drunken one-night stand and the guy has no intention of ever becoming a father? This is the dilemma that Trina has to face, juggling single-motherhood with work, when the father appears back on the scene. This was a fun read, even if the outcome was predictable from the word go! Would look for others in this series of books.
Sam
I loved this book. I enjoyed how the author took book two of the Bellagio series and changed the main characters. In book one Marc and Jenny were the lead but in this book we see them as side characters. Trina and Walker are the main characters here and in book one they were on the side. It was wonderful seeing things through other characters eyes!
Marmar
Interesting...... believable that one's had a crush on someone for ages and then can't or won't pass temptation. Found it odd though - in this day and time a man would adamantly deny paternity. Request a friggin' test and then go from there.

Bumpy road to 'bliss', but they try to wind their way through. Cute, but not great story.
Melissa
Jul 30, 2008 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I really enjoyed this book! It was the first one by Leanne Banks that I had read..
The main lady character has a one night stand, and what follows is a interesting story about her and her male friend.
Its funny in parts..and I plan on reading the next one in the series. There are 3 all together.
Underfoot is the 2nd in the series.
Joyce
This was a really really good book. The plot was direct and to the point, it moved at a fast pace and I was turning pages like crazy to see what was going to happen next. A real must read for those romantic type persons. :) (ME!) Guess I live in the fantasy world of happily ever after :)
Natālija
I thought I would enjoy this book more than the 1st one in this series. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I found it a bit boring. Yes, at the beginning I was intrigued by this couple. I expected sparkles to fly, passion to boil ... Instead it was more about motherhood & parenting.
Caitlyn Rathof
This would actually be one of my favorite books ever. It has real life situations and it was very fun to read. I wouldnt recommend it to children under 14 though due to its sexual content but its a great book to read for old teens and adults :)
Susan Burris
Within the first 10 pages I could have predicted everything that happened in the book. The characters are flat but likable. The story is silly but has a happy ending. Sometimes when life gets too stressful this kind of thing helps the littlest bit.
Heather
This is a fun series - I read the first two books awhile ago, and am going back to find the rest of the series now. They're all about talented and independent women working in corporate America, building careers, and finding Mr. Right.
Yvonne
Love the book, Great read would definately recomend. Just shame i had't realised it was #2 of a trilogy. I'm now gonna source the other 2 in series then reread in sequence.
Wiewi
Sebenernya bingung mau kasih bintang 3 atau 4. ceritanya sih umum tetapi karakter tokohnya agak beda aja sama cerita-cerita dengan tema"second chances" lainnya.
Sara
This is a cute story. I loved seeing the transformation in Walker. It's also obvious that Leanne is a Mom because of the way she describes certain events.
L.
Jan 09, 2009 L. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I didn't want to put it down. I laughed. I cried. After a day of intense work this was such a refresher.
Ladyacct
Very funny, real romance book. And by that I mean this story could have been a real life instance....very touching and enjoyed it immensely.
Kris
I liked this book but not as much as the first or the third one in the series. I enjoyed how she intertwined the first book in this one.
Joyce
Some sections (and I mean just a few) were predictable. But the story kept me intrigued and I just wanted to keep reading till the end.
Yolanda
Not as steamy as the first book, but still a good read. It helps when the characters are very likeable and somewhat believeable.
Kelly Moran
pleasure read, not for official review.
Leanne Banks never lets me down. Quirky, funny, great characters- you'll love it.
Kathleen
Cute story - easy read. Wanted to smack the main characters a few times for being such boneheads, but a nice, summer read.
  • Everything's Coming Up Rosie
  • Blame It on Chocolate
  • A New Attitude
  • She Drives Me Crazy (Walker Brothers, #1)
  • And Then He Kissed Me
  • Cross My Heart (Ty & Hunter #1)
  • Skintight (Showgirls #1)
  • The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck (Women of the West,#3)
  • Money, Honey
  • Scandalous
  • Crazy For Love
  • Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek
  • Hot Dish
  • The Girl Most Likely To...
  • What Mattered Most
  • Deadly Kisses (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #8)
  • The Thrill of It All (Caruso Family, #2)
  • You Only Love Twice
Leanne Banks was born on 14 May 1959 in Roanoke, Virginia, USA. She holds a Bachelors degree in Psychology, which she claims she can only use on fictional characters. When her first book was published in 1991, she used the money from her advance to take her family to Disney World.

Leanne is known for telling a story with strong emotion, characters with whom everyone can relate, a kick of hot sensua...more
More about Leanne Banks...
Feet First (Bellagio, #1) Footloose (Bellagio, #3) Some Girls Do (Sisters Trilogy #1) Trouble in High Heels (Sisters Trilogy, #3) When She's Bad (Sisters Trilogy, #2)