Start by marking “No Quarter Asked” as Want to Read:
No Quarter Asked

No Quarter Asked (Cord & Stacy #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  195 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Janet Dailey wrote her first novel, No Quarter Asked in 1974 after her husband, Bill, urged her to back up her claim that she could write a better romance novel than the ones she had read. The book was accepted by Harlequin, which made her the category romance giant's first American author. She eventually wrote a total of 57 novels for Harlequin, including one set in every ...more
Published November 6th 2009 by (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about No Quarter Asked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Quarter Asked

Fiona Marsden
Janet Dailey was an eye opener to me in the 70's as the first American Mills & Boon writer. We didn't have access to the Silhouette range when I was growing up so my reading was very anglo-centric. I loved the series she wrote with a book set in each state. It was like a tour of the Unites States. This was one of the first books I read though my favourite was "After the Storm" set in Denver. I liked the way she connected these western books and No Quarter Asked had a sequel called For Bitter ...more
Mary Lauer
A mid-70s Harlequin. Zero emotional connection between h/h. she thinks he rides roughshod over her, he is cold and distant, there are misunderstandings and all of a sudden they are in love. I like modern romances where you see his emotions and she isn't so dumb much better. Of course, it is 35 years old.
Andrea Guy
Janet Dailey is one of those authors every romance reader has heard about and probably read. I know I've read one or two or ten of her books. She was always good with the cowboy romances.

No Quarter Asked is her very first book for the Presents line. It was originally published in 1974. This story is 40 years old! Yikes! And reading it, makes me wonder if women were as stupid as the heroine, Stacy back then? Surely not?

I couldn't wrap my head around a heroine who lets a guy bully her the way Cord
When I think of retro romance, I think of authors like Janet Dailey. I remember seeing her books scattered around our house when I was little -- the Calder series rings a bell, and maybe something about planes? But I don’t remember ever reading one.

And now I’m kind of glad I didn’t, because reading a book like No Quarter Asked when I was an impressionable young girl could’ve really cocked up my idea of what I thought a normal heterosexual relationship would be like. First of all, a guy is automa
No Quarter Asked by Janet Daley is a 2014 Open Road Media Publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Stacy's father dies and she feels compelled to spend a little time alone to grieve and sort out what she should do next. An out of the way cabin in the Texas Valley seems the perfect place. Bringing along her high strung horse and her loyal dog, Stacy arrives and before she can even get to the cabin she has a run in with her lan
This is a classic romance novel by one of the master romance storytellers of all time. It has just the proper elements one would hope to find in a love story.

The tension between the characters is strong in the beginning and the progression of their relationship takes effort. I liked that they did not fall in love within the first five minutes of the story.

For me, this book was a bit too western for me to really be able to identify with the predicaments of the characters, but I still enjoyed th
Julian Froment
I quite enjoyed this book as a light, easy to read romance, that was reasonably short and quick to read.

I found that the story was a little predictable in its format and structure and it was obvious from the beginning, how things were going to end. This made the story feel rather formulaic, passing through the usual features present in a romance.

I liked how the initial ill feeling between Stacy and Cord, and their instant dislike of one another, advanced as the story progressed, right up until t
Somehow this book seems different than the first time I read it years ago. Anyone know if Janet Dailey re-wrote sections of her first books upon re-release? The edition I read was released in the early 90's. I used to really love her books when she wrote for Harlequin. I haven't read any of hers in quite awhile. This was a Christmas present to myself on one of my nostalgia!
في الترجمة العربية سميت مزرعة الدموع
لا زالت اسماء الابطال محفورة في ذهني حتى اليوم
وصف الاراضي , معاناة البطلة ستايسي
من اجمل ما قرات لجانيت ديلي :)
Gina Hott
Hott Synopsis:

Who does Cord think he is? Judging Stacy without a second glance. Sure, mabe it was a bit ill-advised to rent a hunting cabin in the middle of nowhere to come to terms with the death of her father, and maybe she is comfortable, if not well-off, since his death, but that doesn’t give Cord the right to think she’s some money-hungry elitist who looks down her nose at everyone.
Now, thanks to some very unfortunate circumstances Stacy find herself working on Cord’s ranch trying to prove
Booker Like a Hooker
Tamam serinin tüm kitaplarını bulamadım ama Bulaacağım.Bu seriyi çok sevdim.Öyle tümüyle aynı karakterlere bağlı olan beyaz dizi serisi pek yok.Bu ilk karşılaştığım. Harika okunmalı.
I read this book when it first came out. Of course, I was very young, but I loved it way back then!
Bebe Four
A very early romance read for me, but I still remember it.
قرأتها مترجمة بعنوان ( مزرعة الدموع ) جميلة
Lama A
مترجمة للعربية بعنوان " مزرعة الدموع "
مزرعة الدموع
Maria Guzman
Maria Guzman marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Annelisa marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
sharon house
sharon house is currently reading it
Oct 09, 2015
Ben Brown
Ben Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Retro Reads - Rom...: Our May Retro Read 6 13 Jun 30, 2014 06:21PM
  • A Willing Surrender (Harlequin Presents, #976)
  • Love Unspoken
  • His Virgin Mistress
  • Keir O'Connell's Mistress (Wanita Pilihan Keir O'Connell) (O'Connells, #1)
  • Rafaello's Mistress (Harlequin Presents, #2217)
  • A Passionate Surrender
  • Forbidden Fire
  • One Night With The Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #2) (Harlequin Presents, 2332)
  • The Playboy's Proposition (Australian Playboys #1)
  • The Wrong Mirror
  • Blackmailed Into a Fake Engagement (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills #1)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...

Cord & Stacy (4 books)