Start by marking “I Hate Your Guts” as Want to Read:
I Hate Your Guts

I Hate Your Guts

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  586 ratings  ·  45 reviews
When New York Times bestselling author and comedian Jim Norton isn't paying for massages with happy endings, or pretending to be fooled by transsexuals he picks up, he spends his time wondering what certain people would look like on fire...

What do Heather Mills, the Reverend Al Sharpton, and Dr. Phil have in common? Jim Norton hates their guts. And he probably hates your
Published November 4th 2008 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about I Hate Your Guts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hate Your Guts

Mike
Very few mediums make me laugh out loud, as this book did. If you have a liberal (not in a political manner) sense of humor you'll get a bunch of laughs out of this book. If you're easily offended, then as Jim would probably say, go stick a carrot up your ass, you oversensitive douche.
Stacey
i just got it today. happy birthday jimmy!
Jake
Being a long-time adamant fan of Jim Norton's unique style of offensive, repulsive comedy, I was very excited about reading his sophomore effort published only a year after his bestselling debut book. In the simplest of terms, it is more of the same ol' same ol', but focusing on different subject matter. While the original, 'Happy Endings: Tales of a Meaty Breasted Zilch', focuses more inward for Norton, the sequel is more of a collection of essays about people, and entities, Jim just can't stan ...more
Shaida Hossein
In thirty-five essays, Jim Norton entertains readers with his own "emotional vomiting" on all of the people he detests. You definitely need to be current with pop culture, or have the ability to google individuals (I needed to wikipedia a few) in order to understand Norton's references. Some of the individuals that made Norton's "I hate your guts" list are the following: Heather Mills, Reverend Al Sharpton, Starbucks employees, Steve Martin, Hillary Clinton, John Sterling (I had to google him), ...more
Bob
A warning. Not for everyone. Probably offensive for most. But you have to get past the junior high school* level humor. It's almost become cliche, but many comedians seem to be in a great deal of pain underneath the outrageous behavior. This is clearly the case here. But I also get the idea that Jim would punch me in the nose (or lower) if I suggested this theory to him. Enough here for a team of 24 hour therapists. I'm also omitting the most important part. A great deal of the book is howlingly ...more
Ken
I loved the way Jim Norton just tore so many people a new asshole in this book. It had some very funny parts that had me laughing like a schoolgirl. I suppose I'm a little partial to his works because I am a fan of just about anything he does.
Stefano
Pretty funny! Now I hate those people too!
FRRRRUNKIS!
David
This Jim Norton book is the definitively most Jim Norton-y thing that ever Jim Norton-ed.
No Remorse
"Positive things about Jesse Jackson: Hopefully, his blood test results."

"Jews do not only want to talk about Israel; they also enjoy discussing diamonds, banking, and controlling the media."

"Shoot a load in her dumper, or her gut will get plumper."

"While There may be power in forgiveness, there is even more power in lobbing a Molotov cocktail through someone's dining room window." - Jim Norton"
Russ Palmer
One of the top 3 funniest books I have ever read. After reading Jim Norton's first book, 'Happy Endings', I didn't think he would be able to top it in his sophomore release. I was proven wrong instantly and thousands of New York City subway riders can attest to how hard I laughed. A few of them probably thought I had been heavily NO2'd at the dentist.
Jorge Garrido
L'il Jim Norton is the sweetest boy, although I wish he would stop hanging out with those potty mouths Opie & Anthony! One of the best books ever written by a down's syndrome child. Inspiring and heartwarming!

Also recommended if you enjoyed this tome: Charles Dickens' A Life Of Chip Chipperson, and Colin Quinn: Hodgepodge.

Tssst tssst.
Ed
I'm not familiar with this guy at all, but his absolutely no-holds-barred criticism of certain celebrities and organizations is amusing (if mean-spirited? or just honest?!? Full of filthy language, so not recommended for the faint-of-heart, the prim-and-proper, or impressionable youths.
Michele Rodriguez
Love Jim Norton!!! This book had its hilarious moments & times where I was just confused. I didn't know everyone he spoke about, so thank goodness for Google... The Spitzer, K-Fed, Starbucks & Dr Phil chapters are hilarious!!! I may not have understood everything but dammit Jim Norton- I love you!
Lisa
Very rarely do I stop reading a book because I didn't like it. This just isn't my humor. I started reading it because when I picked it up and opened it to the middle of the book, there was an essay about the East Brunswick Square Mall. I wouldn't recommend this one.
Damien
Ah little Jimmy is hilarious as usual. I found myself laughing out loud more than once reading this. It is definitely not for people easily offended, but if you like your humor to be completely inappropriate I recommend reading this book.
Jwm
Cover to cover, I laughed so hard I nearly cracked a rib. Jim Norton is one of the funniest comics out there, and this book is just punchline after punchline. Brilliantly funny, so long as you're not offended easily.
Barry
Very funny book, never a dull moment. However, I feel that if I had no knowledge of pop culture it would have been a little less enjoyable. But even if someone doesn't get the jokes the insults on their own will make you laugh.
Heather
As much as I didn't enjoy "Happy Endings", I absolutely loved this book. I laughed my arse off. It was hilarious and I found myself agreeing with much of the commentary, especially the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame chapters.
Jessica
I adore lil' Jimmy's work on O+A, his Tweets and his acting. But something was lost here. He's not a bad writer but I found the book was all vehemence with very little content. I still want to read Happy Endings.
Matthew Borelli
A good follow up to Happy Endings. If you're a fan of the Opie and Anthony show then you know most of Mr. Norton's viewpoints. My favorite chapters were the ones that gave insight to a young Jimm Nordon.
Lysia
Classic Jimmy Norton... I was guffawing so hard while reading this I am sure that I was annoying people sitting around me. A must read for anyone who likes Jimmy, O&A, or bitingly raunchy and truthful comedy.
Calvin
His angry ramblings are better in person than in book form. Most are really good though, some are a little long winded. Not for everybody, but definitely worth the money I spent.
Michelle
A lot of laugh out loud moments, but it gets repetitive after a while. I wouldn't recommend anyone picking up this book unless they are familiar with Jim Norton.

Jeff Nichols

When Norton taskes aim, head for cover or sit back and lauagh. Norton is my favorate comeidan that has writing chops. This book is flat out funny.
Jordan
Pretty funny, but got a little old after a few chapters. Found it hard to care as much as Jimmy does about the people he was bashing.
Anne
Jim Norton's brand of humor is not for everyone. But if you find him funny, the book captures his voice well.
Ben Hobbs
Depending on your sense of humor, and mine is odd, this book is either love it or hate it.
Robert
Simultaneously honest and funny, this is a worthy followup to his first collection.
Nick
It was good. Had it moments, both good and dry. Worth reading if you like Norton.
  • Celebrity Chekhov: Stories by Anton Chekhov
  • Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death
  • Hollywood Hellraisers: The Wild Lives and Fast Times of Marlon Brando, Dennis Hopper, Warren Beatty, and Jack Nicholson
  • Sal Mineo: A Biography
  • The Jerusalem Syndrome: My Life as a Reluctant Messiah
  • The Geeks' Guide to World Domination: Be Afraid, Beautiful People
  • Private Parts
  • I Love You And I'm Leaving You Anyway
  • American Sideshow: An Encyclopedia of History's Most Wondrous and Curiously Strange Performers
  • I Only Roast the Ones I Love: Busting Balls Without Burning Bridges
Filled with searing honesty and an eye for detail, these essays deal with events both public and private. Jim Norton's stories are raw, revealing and most of all, hilarious."
More about Jim Norton...
Happy Endings: The Tales of a Meaty-Breasted Zilch Inside Seka James Joyce: Ulysses [Audio Book] Seven Pillars of Wisdom: A Triumph (The Authorized Doubleday/Doran Edition) Firebike

“While There may be power in forgiveness, there is even more power in lobbing a Molotov cocktail through someone's dining room window.” 7 likes