Start by marking “毒姫 1 [Dokuhime 1]” as Want to Read:
毒姫 1 [Dokuhime 1]

毒姫 1 [Dokuhime 1] (Poison Princess #1)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  9 reviews
It starts with poisonous herbs under the cradle. Then under the sheets. And inside the clothes. Even mixed in the milk that they feed the newborn. This way the child gradually gets used to poisons and becomes the perfect assassination tool - the “Poison Princess” whose every kiss, tear and even touch bring death. Her only chance of survival is to fulfill her duty as an ass ...more
Published June 22nd 2004 by Asahi Sonorama

To ask other readers questions about 毒姫 1 [Dokuhime 1], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 毒姫 1 [Dokuhime 1]

Nisha
Mar 11, 2011 Nisha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Nisha by: new_user
The is the first manga I started reading after my long hiatus. I forgot how much I miss this type of stuff.

The story begins with Belladona, a Poison Princess (someone raised on poison and poisonous to normal people) sent to assassin the rival country's king. She is successful, but she runs away after she condemns a man in love with her to death, making her an enemy to the kingdom she came from. Belladona is not the main character, but it leads to Lycoris.

Lycoris is sent to another kingdom to ass
Jessica
winning

YES. This had everything, I love about manga all wrapped up in one well crazy world. I tread lightly on "goth" fantasy because sometimes the characters do not match the feel of the manga. It was been quite a long, long, long, time where I have had such a horror gothic manga grab me. Why?

1) THE TORTURED CHARACTERS. The cast is amazing---from the beginning of the Poison Princess, I was going through the pages intrigued, terrified, and even squeamish at times when you first meet Belladonna and the
Nɪɴᴀ
Even though this josei, it also has a feel of shoujo. I really like the court politics and intrigues going on. And there's also a feel of horror/thriller.

Even though I prefer hardassed heroine's, Lycoris's fragileness makes her likeable since she hates what she is and prefers not to kill anyone.

Plot
"The King of Gladol had three sons. The Perfect Child, The Protecting Child and the Useless Child."
Lycoris is a Poison Princess sent to kill the King of Gladol. Yet, when she arrives, she's not only
Phoebe
Since I mentioned it in my other review I thought I might as well add this. I loved the concept of it and the plot, the emotions and the aesthetics were definitely more complex and decadent than what was in 'The Poison Eaters'. This series incorporated a lot of fairy tale elements, tropes and conventions, which I loved, such as the three princes, the beautiful evil queen/enchantress, the use of poison, the old crone, the ancient curse, the blind assassins...I think a part of me still has a weak ...more
Mar
So lately I have been getting into just touching the 'random' button and seeing what it leads to. This afternoon, it lead me to Dokuhime. I immediately was intrigued by the plot,something dark gothic, a genre I love. It appeared to be all about kick-butt poison princesses, and there seemed no way this could be a disappointment. Luckily, I enjoyed this just as much as I thought It would! Now I will be reading the other volumes as well. Thanks a lot random button! :)

** I will rate the entire manga
Anne Freya
Cerita tentang para wanita yg tubuhnya diubah menjadi racun untuk menjadi alat pembunuh dalam politik kerajaan. Diracuni sedikit demi sedikit sedari kecil hingga dewasa, sehingga tiap cairan tubuh seperti darah, keringat, liur menjadi racun yg mematikan. Apa yg terjadi jika salah satu wanita itu jatuh cinta pada pria yg harus dibunuhnya?
Morel Dei
I love where this manga is going! Things are definitely going to be dark! :D
Coyora Dokusho
Dokuhime is incredibly awesome, angsty, but awesome!!!
*plus vol.2 sin 8, 9, 10*
Sarah added it
Jan 27, 2015
Rivill
Rivill marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Lilia
Lilia marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Artemis
Artemis marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Chrissy Kaub
Chrissy Kaub marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
enh
enh marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Tyran
Tyran marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
三原ミツカズ (MIHARA Mitsukazu) is credited with helping shape the GothLoli look through her work in the "Gothic & Lolita Bible"

In 1994, she won the first "Feel Young New Face Manga Awards" Judges’ Special Prize with her short work, "The Children Who Don’t Need Rubbers."

She resides in Osaka, Japan.

Sometimes credited as MIHARA Tsukazu.
[via Mangaupdates]
More about Mitsukazu Mihara...

Poison Princess (5 books)
  • 毒姫 2 [Dokuhime 2]
  • 毒姫 3 [Dokuhime 3]
  • 毒姫 4 [Dokuhime 4]
  • 毒姫 5 [Dokuhime 5]
The Embalmer, Volume 1 Doll, Volume 1 Beautiful People The Embalmer , Volume 2 The Embalmer,  Volume 3