Start by marking “Absolute Planetary Book Two” as Want to Read:
Absolute Planetary Book Two

Absolute Planetary Book Two (Planetary #3-4)

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  960 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The long awaited finale to Planetary is now available in an Absolute format.
Collecting issues 13-27 of the original series as well as 14 pages of additional content (TBD), Absolute Planetary Vol. 2.
As the series hurtles towards its conclusion, Snow initiates the second part of his comeback plan to stop The Four, makes a startling revelation about his past, and uncovers inf
Hardcover, Absolute, 384 pages
Published July 20th 2010 by WildStorm (first published November 9th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Absolute Planetary Book Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolute Planetary Book Two

Dufour
A lot of the magic from the first act of PLANETARY is lost as Ellis changes the narrative to the conflict between The Four and Snow. That's not to say that there aren't great "historical fiction" stories that are as good as the ones from the prior volume. Snow's adventure in tracking down Sherlock Holmes is just one of those. Ellis manages to continue his genre commentary even as he pushes the main narrative forward, having a laugh with the Lone Ranger and westerns even.

As the main narrative pus
Gerardo
Commento qui per entrambi i volumi, così da dare un giudizio complessivo della serie.

Per quanto riguarda l'edizione, il grosso formato valorizza i disegni stupendi a scapito della comodità di lettura.

Come da buona tradizione WildStorm, Ellis cerca di creare un mondo supereroistico 'grigio' dove anche i buoni fanno uso della violenza e della tortura. Il fine, sostanzialmente, giustifica i mezzi. Ciononostante, non è un fumetto che cede alla violenza gratuita: quando c'è ha sempre un senso.

In p
Raúl
Impresionante. Magnífico. Una pasada cómo engancha este cómic y cómo se supera número a número. Eso sí, deja con la sensación de haber dejado algún pequeño cabo suelto, pero aún así, con lo disfrutable que es, se perdona.
Uno de los mejores cómics americanos que haya leído, junto a The Authority o Rising Stars.
Hayden
This second half of the Planetary series becomes more purposeful than the first half. Where the first half journeyed through a landscape of the fantastic world (running in with versions of popular pulp and comic heroes, for example), the second half focuses on why they do those things. Some of the fun of the first half is traded in for a serious, deliberate motive of taking down the Four (an egotistical version of the Fantastic Four).
What it still carries in it, however, is a love of comic book
Ingame149
Planetary Vol. 1-4 written by Warren Ellis and illustrated by John Cassaday

Ever since Allan Moore and Frank Miller re-suited up superheroes with Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns, comics and writers have been playing catch up. Some have done this well, but most have either drown in their basically soap opera ways or strangled themselves with the reality Moore and Miller brought. Not too many comics have matched what they did in the 80’s but Planetary is one of those comics that built somethin
Francis
Un final de lujo.
Nuestros protagonistas han descubierto su procedencia. Ahora Elijah puede controlar la situación y ayudar a Jakita y a Drums a llegar al final.
Sólo por la cantidad de personajes conocidos que aparecen y cómo se entrelazan sus realidades con los de Planetary merece la pena (Sherlock Holmes, Tarzán, el Llanero Solitario...).
No voy a aportar muchos mas datos pero creedme no dejéis escapar esta obra de arte.
Federiken Masters
Jul 27, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Todo el mundo.
Recommended to Federiken by: Todo
El tomo 1 prometía un final apoteósico, y la verdad que lo consigue, contando el relajado epílogo y todo. Quizás sentí que le faltó un poco de batallas desaforadas, pero eso es más un problema mío, que estoy acostumbrado a que todo se resuelva a las piñas (en ficción, claro) en vez de con la cabeza. Pero eso de ningún modo es un defecto, sino otro motivo para sacarse el sombrero frente a Ellis. Y a Cassaday. Y a de Martin. Y a Riera, que sus traducciones siguen siendo bastante buenas, pese a los ...more
Weylin
Enjoyed this as much or maybe even more than the first half of the series. At first I was a little hesitant when they shifted from cool-story of the month to longer deeper story lines. However, the payoff was worth it. Have a few quibbles about some of the resoultions, but they are minor.

Trying to avoid spoliers, but when The Drummer (that's right, the character'a name is: first name-The, second name-Drummer) talked about what it is that Elijah Snow does, I had a lump in my throat. It was great
Kurt Rocourt
Oct 30, 2013 Kurt Rocourt rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: dc-tpb
For the person who wants great storytelling, good art, and compelling characters Planetary is the one for you. With some stories the story ends and you forget many of the characters. In Planetary the characters are memorable because their familiar yet unique. It is high minded without being overbearing. For a fan of Watchmen or 1602 I recommend Planetary in any format.
Matt
Warren Ellis flawlessly concludes this epic story and somehow doesn't botch the ending. The payoff is glorious, and I can't wait to reread it all again! It's also a treat to see the evolution of John Cassaday's art go from great to outstanding.
Dan
Aug 24, 2010 Dan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, comics
Glad to finally get to finish this series, and glad it wasn't a let down. It really did feel like Ellis had the entire thing charted out from the get-go over ten years ago, it's just that it took ten years for all 27 issues to come out!
Bradley
The only Absolute that I needed to own (along with Book 1) because Planetary is my personal favorite and what I do consider the best limited series in comics ever. Warren Ellis truly is my "can do no wrong" writer.
Will Cooper
Absolutely in my top five comics. Planetary essentially fights an unbeatable Fantastic Four and it's tremendous. I felt a sense of urgency for Planetary throughout the whole book and I loved every minute of it.
Adam
Sep 24, 2010 Adam rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: comic
I don't think I understood 100% of it, but the stuff I did understand was awesome. The first volume had an issue or 2 that I thought was out of place, but not this volume. Every issue was a home run.
Richard
The last issue seems more for the benefit of the creators than the readers, but honestly, another issue of the Cassaday/Martin team is worth reading what is essentially a victory lap.
Mark
While I think the series loses steam, it's wonderful to have the whole story in one oversized collection. It's the kind of thing I'll re-read often.
Bob Parks
Warren Ellis has a great love of comics and pulp stories and Planetary shows that. It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Adam
If ever a comic deserved the A4 glossy hardback treatment, this is the one. It's just glorious.
Max
Good illustrations. Secret society discoveries and weird paleontology. Nerd out on it
Ryan Scicluna
The best part of the Planetary story. One of the best narratives in comics.
Curtis Schofield
The awesome continuation in the golden work of absolute planetary.
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
  • Doom Patrol, Vol. 4: Musclebound
  • Absolute Dark Knight
  • Potter's Field
  • Shade, the Changing Man, Vol. 1: The American Scream
Has written comics & graphic novels, books, journalism, animation, tv, film, videogames and anything else that looks like it might pay a bill or buy whisky.

Second novel, GUN MACHINE, due from Mulholland Books in autumn of 2012.

First non-fiction book due from FSG in 2014.

Currently a weekly columnist for VICE UK.

Hello. WHERE AM I

More about Warren Ellis...

Planetary (5 books)
  • Planetary, Vol. 1: All Over the World and Other Stories
  • Planetary, Vol. 2: The Fourth Man
  • Planetary, Vol. 3: Leaving the 20th Century
  • Planetary, Vol. 4: Spacetime Archaeology
  • Planetary: Crossing Worlds
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street (Transmetropolitan, #1) Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2: Lust for Life Transmetropolitan, Vol. 3: Year of the Bastard (Transmetropolitan, #3) Planetary, Vol. 1: All Over the World and Other Stories Transmetropolitan, Vol. 5: Lonely City (Transmetropolitan, #5)