Start by marking “The Feckin' Book Of Irish History: For Anyone Who Wasn't Paying Attention For The Last 30,000 Years (Feckin' Collection)” as Want to Read:

The Feckin' Book of Irish History Forget the boring stuff you learned in school. Here's the REAL skinny on Irish history. Full description
Published March 16th 2009 by O'Brien Press

To ask other readers questions about The Feckin' Book Of Irish History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Feckin' Book Of Irish History

thewestchestarian
Apr 09, 2010 thewestchestarian rated it liked it
Irish history with minimal detail but plenty of nationalistic fervor. For a small, exceedingly northerly, sparsely populated island a far ways out in the North Atlantic, Ireland sure has a lot of written history. Murphy and O’Dea’s book openly admits its depth of insight is vanishingly small (the great famine when 1.5 million people starved to death and from which another 2.5 million were eventually forced to flee the country runs less than 2 pages), however, it tries to compensate with breadth. ...more
Katie
Aug 24, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
I loved this book as I am simply awful at Irish history so a quick summary was right up my street I have to say I feel the book is more for the Irish to read up about their history as there was a lot of Irish jokes that I'm not sure the visitors would get straight away.
Ben Perlman
Mar 28, 2010 Ben Perlman rated it really liked it
A decent and very-short summary of Irish history. It's very readable, and covers about 1000 years of history very, very quickly. I read it because I'm heading there this summer and wanted a little bit of knowledge before I go.
Flow Wampfler
Aug 27, 2011 Flow Wampfler rated it really liked it
Granted I just got back from a vacation in Ireland so I was kind of geeked about the country, but their history is very unique and this book is an entertaining way to learn more about it.
dave Formby
dave Formby rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2016
Angela rose
Angela rose rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Nicolas Peeters
Nicolas Peeters rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Lynn Beaver
Lynn Beaver rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Caitlyn
Caitlyn rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2013
Nerf
Nerf rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Rosa
Rosa rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2010
Antje
Antje rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2009
Madison
Madison rated it liked it
May 23, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
May 23, 2013
Mercedes
Mercedes rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2009
Tim O'Toole
Tim O'Toole rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Michaela
Michaela rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2010
Wendytravel1
Wendytravel1 rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2014
Andy Glascott
Andy Glascott rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2013
sean carlin
sean carlin rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Chaz Fort
Chaz Fort rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Darbi Witmer
Darbi Witmer rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Bree Zimmerman
Bree Zimmerman rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2011
Maya
Maya rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Yana
Yana rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Cath
Cath rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Mike Kriesel
Mike Kriesel rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2011
Colin Murphy is the author of The Most Famous Irish People You’ve Never Heard Of and co-author of the bestselling ‘Feckin’ collection (The O’Brien Press). His début historical novel Boycott (Brandon) was published in 2012 to great acclaim.
More about Colin Murphy...