Start by marking “Go-Givers Sell More” as Want to Read:
Go-Givers Sell More

Go-Givers Sell More

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  886 ratings  ·  60 reviews
from Go-Givers Sell More:

The great upside-down misconception about sales is that it's an effort to get something from others. The truth is that sales at its best-at its most effective-is precisely the opposite: it is about giving. Giving time, attention, counsel, education, empathy, and value. In fact, the word sell comes from the Old English word sellan, which means-you g
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published April 20th 2010 by Your Coach In A Box (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Go-Givers Sell More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go-Givers Sell More

this will be on my table to read again and again. The audiobook is just as great. Good encouragement, good advice, and excellent delivery.
Thomas Hadley
One of my favorite parts in This book is when they talk about how being focused on giving to others will not make it you lose out to people who are only takers. They say that when you are truly a giver, you will be able to recognize those two are takers. When I have applied the teachings in this book, I have certainly benefited in the way they discussed. Only warning: as they mentioned in the book, be ready to receive. What I mean is that when you give and give to others, they will ask you how t ...more
Benjamin Holcomb
This is not a worthy follow-up to the original "Go-Givers" business book. Authors Bob Burg and John David Mann essentially regurgitate the first book, mixing in the odd (clearly fabricated) 'testimonial' story to support their theories. The theories are sound, and I recommend it to anyone. I also recommend those same people PASS on this anemic sequel.
Jessica Mercado
Great message. Inspired me like "Delivering Happiness" did. Create value for others & you'll reap the rewards.
This book takes an unconventional approach to selling by taking the point of view of the customer and redefines the role of the salesman. It's about how we can create value for other people, network and follow-up (follow-through). It's a great start for anyone in a position of selling, and what you learn here can also be applied to relationships in general and getting along with people. The book is a quick read, but still involves lengthy examples, and do not come off as very well researched. Th ...more
Shawn Camp
Jul 08, 2011 Shawn Camp rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone in sales
If you are in sales or not, employee or state at home parent, The Go-Giver is a book for everyone to read and live the examples presented by Bob Burg & John David Mann. It teaches all of us that truly giving to others will ultimately lead to benefits for all. My initial read of that book sold me right then and there. I then purchased numerous copies for my co-workers for christmas and I've since read the story a couple more times along with the audiobook.

This book though is the companion to
The Book Man
The second BEST book I read in 2015 =)
I highly suggest this book to EVERYONE, being a seller or not.

~ "The sales process goes something like this: creative, value, touch people's lives, build networks, be real, stay open."

~ "They don't simply want to buy your product, they want to be uplifted, encouraged, changed, in some way.

~ "Are you going to be a GIVER or a TAKER today?"

"The essence of the GO-GIVERS philosophy is this: THE MORE YOU GIVE, THE MORE YOU HAVE."

Mary Davis
This book is a classic and based on the fundamental principles of being successful in life. In summary, selling is not about telling or pushing product, it's not about the gimmicky tricks to get people to buy. It's about genuine relationship building, providing value, giving of yourself and focusing on the customer, first, last and always. Do that well, and the business follows! A great read for all levels of sales professionals.
Clayton Tune
Authentic and genuine. I've gone through SO MANY stinkin sales books and seen so many techniques for how to 'best' sell your product. Books that offer genuine techniques so that you can even sound more genuine. This book dismisses all of them. It doesn't matter what you do, you need this book and it's prequel. The chapter on PITCH by itself is worth the buy. Seriously, ANY profession.
I originally read this book after finishing reading Bob Burg and John David Mann's famous book "The Go-Giver". Unlike "The Go-Giver" this book isn't a business parable, but looks at the idea of "The Five Laws of Stratospheric Success" in the original book, and gives practical advice on how to apply them in everyday life.

While the book is focused on people who are involved in Sales, I think the concepts of the Five Laws are applicable to everyone in every aspect of life. Thus, this book would be
Matt Soderstrum
This is a good follow up to the previous book - "The Go Giver". This book is directed to those in sales, but there are lots of "take aways" for life in general. These books have really caused me to think how I can add value to people - LOTS of people!
Tim Plett
I think this is a wonderful book. It genuinely touched me and gave much food for thought.
My number one personal take away is the question of receptivity.
I understand giving but I find receiving hard.
I do deserve the sale. But engraining that is a huge challenge.
Now I need to find Go-giver.
Janet G
This book and it's loving message is truly one of the top 5 books I've read in dealing with others through sales. It goes beyond the Golden Rule and explains why we should use it. It's a peaceful book. I suggest everyone that deals with others including teachers and parents read this book for some amazing and unique insights. I liked this one better than the first book, Go-Givers. This one was a giant step beyond that one. Just read it and you will see what I am talking about.
Devin Partlow
You mean you don't have to be slickster to be an excellent salesmen? Just being human will lead to better results?

Excellent book for those who are trying to take their sales to the next level

Chuck Cova
A great follow-up to Go Givers. This guy has a great way to teach sales And not just for the salesman - great lessons on how to be relate-able.
Shorel Kleinert
Essential reading alongside the Go-Giver. It has many of the practical examples that I was longing for at the end of the Go-Giver. Yes, the principles work and work far better than we imagine. Before this book, I would say that I would describe myself as "bad at sales." Now, I would say that's a good thing. I didn't gain any bad habits. Rather, the principles found in Go-Giver correspond to how we are to operate as followers of Jesus. Serving others above and beyond. Now, I would say I have a pr ...more
Great principled methods of generally dealing with people. It appears that we all sell something at some point, many times that something being an idea, an opinion, or just ourselves. I had expected the full fable as in the previous book, but this digs into it a little more. Perhaps it's that I had the audiobook, but the transitions were a bit jolting at times and I couldn't quite feel the flow of what the author likely wanted to achieve. Also, the ending was abrupt--it seemed almost like the la ...more
Siwash Zahmat
This book is a MUST! Changed my way of thinking 180 degrees! I recommend this to every person.
Michele Sfakianos
An extension of the book The Go-Giver. Read this! Some many great ideas.
Joel Ungar
Burg and Mann follow up their previous book The Go-Giver with a volume that helps further explain their concept. Organized in the same order as The Go-Giver, it is very different - The Go-Giver was a parable. Go-Givers Sell More follows the same lessons, but is divided into short chapters further explaining the concepts.

I read these books back to back. I expect to do a second, slower reading of The Go-Giver and then this one, matching up each rule one at a time.

I've been a fan of Bob Burg for a
a perfect sequel to the first amazing book
A complete review for me. Felt redundant. May be very helpful for new entrepreneurs.
Stanley Lee
Motivational short read.
This is the follow-on to "The Go-Giver". It's not a sequel fable. Instead the book goes into more qualitative description of how to put their laws of success into practice. The authors give a more in-depth telling of what the fable hightlights, but without any quantitative data and with only a few pieces of anecdotal evidence. I would have preferred more case studies or case histories to support their contention that their laws are applicable.
Kenny Sern
The perfect follow up to the book Go Givers by same author. I highly recommend this to anyone whether you're in sales or not as the principles there are not sales or business principles but LIFE principles. It clearly expanded the 5 laws given in the first book with examples and even some typical sales scripts. Get it today and be amazed at how this book will challenge the way you think about giving and receiving.
I started this book and then set it down. Picked it up again this week and read through the whole book. Some very valid points about how to look at sales in more of a relationship value way. Excellent ideas for those who are afraid of sales and those who think it is all about just getting a signature and not thinking about the other person and what they need. I think i need to go back and read Go-Givers.
A short book, an excellent book on sales and interpersonal influence. I was reminded of what I have learned from Aikido. I like one fundamental principle by Burg: The buying decision is in the mind of the customer. No fancy technique will change the fact that the customer must want to buy in order for a transaction to happen. I also liked the concept of "steering into" an objection.
Laura Hoffman Brauman
Solid business book on sales -- I appreciated the premise that sales is about helping other people find solutions -- not about talking them into something they may or may not need. This is the 2nd book in the series by these authors and they referred to the first book a lot (which I hadn't read). It didn't keep me from learning, but I would recommend reading the first one before this.
Business-Related ...: Book # 8 "Go-Givers Sell More" Starts April 13, 2015 7 7 Apr 30, 2015 01:15PM
  • 8 Attributes of Great Achievers
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • Leadership and Liberty
  • The Coming Aristocracy
  • Leadership Gold: Lessons I've Learned from a Lifetime of Leading
  • Business for the Glory of God: The Bible's Teaching on the Moral Goodness of Business
  • Resolved: 13 Resolutions for LIFE
  • Outstanding!: 47 Ways to Make Your Organization Exceptional
  • Aspire: Discovering Your Purpose Through the Power of Words
  • The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work
  • Voyage of a Viking
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • The Business of the 21st Century
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
Bob Burg shares information on topics vital to the success of today’s businessperson. He speaks for corporations and associations internationally, including fortune 500 companies, franchises, and numerous direct sales organizations.

Bob is an advocate, supporter and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they
More about Bob Burg...