Start by marking “Sins of the Father” as Want to Read:
Sins of the Father

Sins of the Father

The weight of the past could tear them apart

In his first mission as a shinobi, Sora Sanada has more than its success riding on his shoulders. Every move he makes is a reflection on his clan s honor. So when an unexpected scuffle leaves him injured and the mission in jeopardy, he d rather be left behind but his partner, the mysterious, masked Kaname, has other ideas.

Kaname
Published November 17th 2009 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sins of the Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sins of the Father

Ilhem
Jun 23, 2013 Ilhem rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, historical, sid-love
3,5 stars

I picked “Sins of the Father” on a whim and it was such a pleasant surprise that I read it twice in a row, but the fact remains that it can also be a bit disconcerting. In its form, at least.

It is a short story rather than a novella and it ends abruptly at 77%, which is irritating and is a disservice to the story but I’m rating the author’s work, not the publisher’s.

It is timeless and could happen in a period expanding from the Middle Age to the end of the feudal system in Japan in the
Aredhel
What a bumpy ride this story was! The beginning was a really good one! Very promising and then..the author just strangled the story! Gosh! I almost wailed when I saw a great story ruthlessly assassinated!

The way the main characters interacted in the beginning promised so much! But all the reader got from the story was a feeling of uncertainty and unsatisfaction. More than just a couple of times I found myself asking "what's going on?! where am I and why?! and what are the characters doing here?!
Book Utopia
Dec 14, 2009 Book Utopia rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, romance, historical
I succumbed to the lure of the gorgeous cover and an excerpt that promised more than the story delivered. But at the end of the day, I can't say that I enjoyed it. There's no natural flow to the story, with jumps in time and place, characters coming in out of nowhere like they've been there all along only to disappear again, and no real sense of time in spite of a lot of terminology thrown at the reader. Then, it just ends, leaving me literally staring at my screen and thinking, "That's it?"
Seregil
Oct 10, 2010 Seregil rated it it was ok

It's pretty nice if you feel like reading something a tad deeper than the normal MM romance, with some angst that doesn't sound stupid.
I had 3 main problems with it, though:
1 - it kept skipping from one scene to another (different time and place) without any warning which was annoying, if not confusing
2 - I was a bit confused about when the action is placed (because some details made me think of a pretty modern society, but it was clearly set before any serious European influence in Ja
Erastes
May 25, 2010 Erastes rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-historical
Lovely cover, just beautiful. More like this, please.

I don’t know if it was the author’s deliberate style to induce a feeling of “inscrutability” in this book but I found it a little heavy going. It’s only 40 or so pages, but it took me a couple of days – I kept going back to it over and again. Usually I’d expect to read something like this is one hit. The story flickered around a great deal flipping from the protagonists going on an killing raid then a scene in the town and I found it hard to c
Elisa Rolle
The storyline has not a normal development and the reader is plunged in the lives of two shinobi in the Japanese warlord era. Sora Sanada is 19 years old and just named captain and Kaname Takeda is appointed his sempai; what apparently seems a dislike due to the fact that the captain is 10 years younger than his man, slowly becomes clear as a different dislike, there is bad blood between the two clans of Sanada and Takeda, but even that it’s not fully explained. What it’s clear is that Sora star ...more
Mara Ismine
Apr 10, 2010 Mara Ismine rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. At nineteen Sora has finished his shinobi training and is made captain of his own team. He is determined to prove himself on the first mission. Things don't go according to plan when his older team mate Kaname will not leave the injured Sora behind. Kaname persuades Sora to pretend to be lovers to throw off the pursuit. Several months later Kaname is transferred back onto Sora's team, which he asked to leave soon after that first mission. Sora is still trying to come to terms with his ...more
The Blog of Sid Love
3.5 Stars

Please read review at The Blog of Sid Love
Mike
Mike rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2011
Merith
Merith rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2011
Devon Rhodes
Devon Rhodes rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2010
Swati
Swati rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2010
Kei
Kei rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2010
Jenre
Jenre rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2009
Indigo
Indigo rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2010
Zoe
Zoe rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2010
B.
B. rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2011
Zelda
Zelda rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2011
Dianne
Dianne rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2011
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2011
Avril
Avril rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2011
Blackheart
Blackheart rated it it was ok
Sep 30, 2011
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2009
JenMcJ
JenMcJ added it
Dec 21, 2009
Kasey
Kasey added it
Dec 21, 2009
Jason Bradley
Jason Bradley marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2009
Dingbat
Dingbat marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2010
Idyrrlaon
Idyrrlaon marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2010
Xephia
Xephia marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2010
Paul Michael
Paul Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2010
Karin Wollina
Karin Wollina marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2010
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2010
Dash
Dash marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2010
Johanna
Johanna marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2010
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2010
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jan 01, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2011
Dhliriel
Dhliriel marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2011
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2011
Gaa-chan
Gaa-chan marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2011