Start by marking “Work Your Wardrobe: Gok's Gorgeous Guide To Style That Lasts” as Want to Read:
Work Your Wardrobe: Gok's Gorgeous Guide To Style That Lasts

Work Your Wardrobe: Gok's Gorgeous Guide To Style That Lasts

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  107 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Style supremo and every woman's best friend, Gok Wan knows how important it is for a woman to look and feel her best. In his fantastic new style bible Gok breathes new life into your existing wardrobe, showing you how to transform the basics we all have into a fabulous new look. You will love your look without breaking the bank balance.
Published September 1st 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Work Your Wardrobe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Work Your Wardrobe

Maggie
Oct 28, 2015 Maggie rated it it was ok
Gok Wan clearly has Marmite similarities. You either love him or you hate him. I'm unfortunately in the latter camp. I hate the way he has more pictures of himself than the clothes. I really hate the way he says "curvy girls" or "juicy girls". All the styles seem to rely on belts or high heels - two of my personal nemeses. The ideas all seem to have a similar feel to them too. Hopefully there is more inspiration further in the book!

There was one chapter which saved this book from a dire 1 star r
Ally
Oct 16, 2010 Ally rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010

"I am fabulous and deserve to look this good." Is Goks mantra for every woman because he really thinks we're worth it.

Gok Wan is a style supremo and every woman'
Gina
May 25, 2014 Gina rated it it was ok
Needs less pictures of him and more pictures of the items of clothing he is talking about
Janine Fenton
May 27, 2014 Janine Fenton rated it liked it
A quick read with some good tips. It is mostly common since.
Elizabeth
May 19, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good information and ideas to put together
Sue
Mar 22, 2015 Sue rated it liked it
Good pointers and easy to dip into.
Philippa
Jul 28, 2010 Philippa rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
I think Gok Wan is a wonderful person who always comes across as very genuine and wanting to help people who have trouble with their image, style and self esteem. He has a vibrant personality that just shines on the screen and the page. I found this book really useful to get ideas for wardrobe basics and things I could invest in to update my look. Worth a flick through at the library if nothing else, definitely!
Annika Lee
Sep 05, 2015 Annika Lee rated it liked it
I would have given it a higher rating if I read it few years back. The pictures are outdated (to be honest) and all the models are around 30-40 plus whereas I'm just in my 20s. The trend is not what I'm expecting though so I'm quite disappointed with the contents.
Tracey  Wilde
Jul 05, 2011 Tracey Wilde rated it really liked it
He does advocate style that lasts and most of the outfits in this book are classic and normal everyday wear but he shows you how to use them as a base and incorporate them into the latest fashion trends without busting your budget !
Sanna
Dec 05, 2015 Sanna rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
An okay book, which gave me some ideas. I can see why someone might find his writing style annoying. I think the book needs less pictures of him and more of the clothes he's talking about.
Siobhan O' Sullivan
Jan 27, 2013 Siobhan O' Sullivan rated it it was ok
not worth the buy. Gok comes across as really annoying in books and ok on tv.... weird!!
Soňa
Nov 24, 2013 Soňa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love it, thank you Gok as usually brilliant point of view on how to dress :D
Summer
May 17, 2012 Summer rated it it was amazing
Cool book great fashion tips.
Adele McVay
I LOVE Gok Wan!
Paul Mayer
Paul Mayer marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
KC
KC added it
Jul 06, 2016
Arbitrary
Arbitrary marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Anouska Stacey
Anouska Stacey marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Fiona Shearer
Fiona Shearer marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Lorna
Lorna added it
Apr 08, 2016
julie hollis
julie hollis rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2016
Caroline Lichfield
Caroline Lichfield marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Melissa Innes
Melissa Innes rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2016
Sheena Hocking
Sheena Hocking rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Ellie
Ellie rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Adele Williams
Adele Williams rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Pixie
Pixie rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2016
Julie Green
Julie Green marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016