Start by marking “Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)

Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed #2)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  34,243 Ratings  ·  1,137 Reviews
He comes to her more dead than alive, a towering black-clad stranger riddled with bullets and rapidly losing blood. As she struggles to save him, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the man calling himself Dante is no man at all, but one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle. In a single erotically charged moment Tess is plunged into his world—a ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 387 pages
Published May 29th 2007 by Dell (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of Crimson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of Crimson

Jilly
Oct 25, 2015 Jilly rated it really liked it
"I don't want to feel anything for you, Dante."

"God, Tess, I don't want to feel anything for you either."

Now, that's a relationship. Built on mutual disdain for feelings. I'm hooked!

aw, that's the nicest thing you've ever given me!

So, in this book, we get Vishous Dante's story. He has terrible visions of the future. Ahem...

While out one night, fighting the enemy, he gets shot a bunch of times and ends up at a veterinary clinic where the doctor helps him. *cough*

And, then he erases her memory
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
2011 reread: Edited to 5 stars because DANTE IS SEXY AS HELL!!

Kiss of Crimson is another solid read by author Lara Adrian. Dante's story is one of intense passion and love. The chemistry between Dante and Tess is instant and electrifying. From the moment they meet, it is clear from the beginning that they are meant for each other. Adrian does an amazing job at telling Dante's story.

I found that I instantly liked Tess the moment she was introduced. As a private practiced vet, she seems to have m
Sophia Triad
Breed warrior Dante
Special ability: Having visions of the future
Age: Around 240 years old

Breed mate Tess
Special ability: Heal or kill through touch
Occupation: Veterinarian
Mark place: Right hand, between fore finger and thumb

Settings: Boston

I loved Dante and Tess together. He is like the ultimate bad boy in leather (called the Stallion), and she is a loner, completely dedicated to her work independent woman. The book is a real page-turner. I read it in one go.

What we learn in this book:
-W
Denisa
Yup yup, everyone liked it.

Well, I can't say that I didn't but... I expected a bit more from it, to be frank.
I've read this story numerous times. I don't want something original, but I want the characters to be a bit different than the rest. Or the friend-characters to be special. Or the writing style. Or even the names to have something special (Ok, Dante, the main male character, is also from Italy (the 18th century though), that was a nice touch, but I'm selfish like that, I wanted more).

So
AJ
Sep 18, 2012 AJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel so dirty saying this, but I am loving this series! The BDB similarities continue unabashedly, but I can’t not read it.

The second book in the Midnight Breed series tells the story of Dante and Tess. Dante is yet another hot, broody vampire (aren't they all? *dreamy sigh*). Viciously wounded, he is found late one night by Tess, our very likeable heroine, who tries to help him and ends up as a blood source. Too late into the piece, Dante discovers that Tess is actually a breedmate and by dr
Eastofoz
Feb 25, 2008 Eastofoz rated it it was ok
This book was a dud. It was boring, there is tons and tons of filler that detracts from the "romance", there are too many clichés and stereotypical romance story moments and it's still too similar in my opinion to JR Ward's Black Dagger Brother Hood series--the difference there being that Ward's is top notch.

The love story between Dante and Tess is not well developed and the vampire world story takes up too much "space" between the brief times the couple make it back together again. Nothing rea
Crystal~BIG book addict~
3.5 Crimson Stars
Mysticnox
Dante por mucho guerrero que sea y demuestre su bravura, tiene un gran corazón. Y aunque me ha gustado mucho, prefiero a Lucan, el vampiro de la primera entrega de esta saga.
Voy a buscar el 3 libro...
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Very good book. I am liking this series more and more. The thing that I like most about this series is the interesting mythology and world-building behind the vampires. It's very dark and gritty, and the violence is in your face when it comes to humans being harmed and murdered. I think that part is almost too much for me. I love a book with intense action and a dark edge, but I do hate to see innocent people dying, and this series has a lot of that.

I didn't really find Dante or Tess very tragic
Mojca
Okay, I'll get some heat for this, but though I'm not particularly fond of Kiss of Midnight (the first book in this series), this one was worse. It was slow, extremely déjà vu-ish in parts, I disliked the heroine, could never really warm up to the hero, it was slightly repetitive, etc. I could go on and on, but I'll be concise. It lacked substance to me for some reason, it was generic, and bland, while I expected more from the second book in a series, after the whole world-building is done. Unfo ...more
Shawna
5 stars - Vampire Romance

Great second installment in the wicked good Breed series. I loved the Breed warrior Dante...he is dark, sexy, sweet, and romantic. The relationship between he and Tess is well developed. I love this series!
 B.E.Love
Sep 27, 2011 B.E.Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**re-read, not sure how many times I have read this book** I love this series
Isa Lavinia
If I'd read this years ago, back when it came out, I'm sure I would have loved it. However my taste has evolved and this whole thing seemed extremely formulaic and boring.

Oh well, read it at the wrong time in my life :/

Delta
Jun 25, 2014 Delta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Midnight Breed series
First read Jan 29-30, 2015
Second time read Oct 3-4, 2015
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review

Summary
Dante, a member of the breed warriors, is out on a night of hunting rogues. Through a series of events, he ends up chasing a rogue, a rogue that is more dangerous than any he has encountered. Harder to kill, suffering from a  bloodlust madness that even regular rogues don't even suffer from. He ends up being shot and he comes across a veterinarian doctor, Tess, who he realizes after the fact of creating a bond to her, that she
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

This is the second in the Midnight Breed series and this time it focuses on Dante, a dark and intense warrior that you meet in the first book and Dr Tess Culver, a vet, they meet accidently (or maybe in a twist of fate) when Dante stumbles into her clinic injured after being attacked by a strange Rogue, he is in need of blood and doesn’t see her Breedmate mark until too late.

I thought this book was an improvement on the first in the series, found the story more engaging and also the cha
Inge

Kiss of Crimson was definitely a more enjoyable read than its predecessor, Kiss of Midnight. Not only is the storyline more interesting, but so are the main characters. While they do claim eternal love for each other after a couple weeks, which still makes me roll my eyes, I like their chemistry a lot more. There's the definite attraction and the struggles. Definite struggles. Tess has quite a history, never feeling quite right in the human world, which turns out to be a common factor w
Marta
Oct 01, 2015 Marta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liking this series, but I sometimes feel that these vampires, warrior or not, are a little rapey. With the aphrodisiac biting, down to the mind sweeps that makes their victims partners forget anything happened. Just a thought.

Anyhoo…back to Dante. Yummy! Bad ass in leather and lethal as hell. Very hot scenes between him and Tess. I did like Tess. She got hit with a lot in this book both mentally and physically and was brave in her reaction to it all. But what’s the deal with her powers a
Panichaya
May 01, 2010 Panichaya rated it it was amazing
...Yeah...emmmm...I skipped Kiss of Midnight and read this one first...and the reason is only because I...ah...like Dante's name!!! (There, I admitted it >_<)

But I absolutely adore him. Dante's love for Tess is so strong and I love the whole "little beast Harvard" thing >_<

Well, there is this one little tiny part that I don't like about Tess though...(Though I understand that there will be times when the heroine will act...annoyingly...annoying =_=')...Okay, here goes (please cover y
Christel
Mar 27, 2008 Christel rated it really liked it
Shelves: lara-adrian
This to me was better than the first book, but you do have to read them in order. If you do not you will be kinda of lost as to what is going on. But it is still a really good book.
Stephanie*
Nov 06, 2014 Stephanie* rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!
Zeek
Feb 12, 2010 Zeek rated it it was ok
Shelves: favorites-pnr, pnr
Dante is part of an elite cadre of warriors whose job it is to keep rogue members of his vampire race in check. When a night out on the town goes awry, he finds himself at Tess Culver's place of business- wounded and in dire need of blood.

Tess has no idea the type of creature that has broken into her veterinary clinic, but she knows he needs help. In one stunning erotic, moment, her life turns upside down, linking her to the stranger for all eternity.

Dante wants to forget the beautiful stranger
Adrienne
Apr 05, 2009 Adrienne rated it liked it
I enjoyed this second book in the Midnight Breeds series. The story focus's on Dante (breed warrior)and Tess a Vetinarian Breed mate who despite having otherworldly abilities knows nothing of the world for which she was born. So whilst Dante hunts a Drug pusher whose noxious creation is sending good vamps bad, he meets up with Tess who unwittingly becomes involved in the action. At first unwilling to believe the tall stories she beleives Dante is spinning, Tess finally sees the depth of Dantes l ...more
The Booklover Butterfly
After confronting and being outnumbered by a group of deadly Rogues, Dante is left full of bullets and in need of blood. In a search or a host to feed from, Dante encounters veterinarian Tess Culver and bites her out of desperation to survive. Once he has fed and regained some strength, Dante realizes that Tess is a Breedmate and that by feeding from her he’s just performed half of a sacred bonding ritual. Dante and Tess feel a deep attraction to one another, and Dante knows he must bring Tess i ...more
Alisha
Mar 07, 2010 Alisha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of alpha-male vampire heros
Quick Take: A solid sequel that seems to outdo its predecessor. There's a lot of well-crafted action and intrigue here; this series now has my full attention.

Ah, so here we have the second entry in the Midnight Breed series, a collection of books which is oft compared to another series with some similar themes--it starts with a B and a D and a B--but I'll not make any further mention of such since the MB series does deserve to be considered in its own right.

Those that are already interested in t
LibraryLass
The second in what is shaping up to be a fantastic series for me.

I have been off the paranormal kick for a few weeks.... kickstarted again this month with Covet and now have read this one. I have stayed away from reading both this and the BDB series at the same time because of all the negative comparisons from other reviewers. So I wanted to be able to give this series a chance to stand on its' own merits. So I will read this series first then the BDB.

I loved this one! Both Dante and Tess were
LMM
Jul 14, 2009 LMM rated it liked it
Anyone whose read the 1st book knows that Adrian borrows extremely heavily from Ward's Black Daggerhood series. I am surprised she actually hasn't been done in for plagiarism after this book.

This book for me, was essentially a reworking of BDB #5 w/out the depth. Dante (D) = V, Doc Tess = Doc Jane, Chase = Butch (we find out in the beginning of the next book Chase & Dante are inseparable).

Oh and you can see Zsadist's reworking coming in the form of Rio's character.

SEMI SPOILERS BELOW:

The bo
Svenja
Ich mochte Dante und Tess so, so gerne. ♥ Am Ende hab ich auch 1, 2 kleine Tränchen verdrückt, da das einfach so schön und süß war. ♥

Zu Beginn war ich mir überhaupt nicht sicher, ob diese Reihe was für mich ist. Ich hatte den ersten Teil der Reihe auch mal ca. 100 Seiten 'angelesen' und wieder zur Seite gelegt, da es mir nicht so gefallen hat. Als ich letztens aber Lust auf Vampire hatte, hab ich wieder zu 'Geliebte der Nacht' gegriffen und das Ganze an nur einem einzigen Tag verschlungen, da es
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Apr 02, 2010 Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews rated it it was amazing
This Book was amazing i read it in one day ,couldn't put the book down.So i thought i loved the first book with Lucan and Gab. Nope Don't get me wrong i still love them but after reading about Tess and Dante*Swoon* They are awesome!! So book #2 is about Dante and Tess, There is something about Dante i just love! Tess is so great with her healing ability Yay for that.And her love for animal's :) what a shit life she had,Until she meet Dante! This was a Fantastic read,Love this series:) I thought ...more
Kathrynn
I enjoyed this book and thought the characters were well developed, the romance was good, lots of action, suspense and a very entertaining vampire romance with a twist. Sometimes the abrupt scene changes were annoying, but the overall book was a winner for This Reader. I enjoyed the dog's, Harvard's, contribution to the story. And I disliked the term "suckhead" to refer to the Rogue vampires.

I have read and enjoyed the Black Dagger series and there are enough differences in this book that I did
HELP!! need to find another series! 3 12 Apr 20, 2017 03:29AM
Who did you cast in each role? 10 63 May 15, 2014 08:45AM
  • Embrace The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #2)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5)
  • Crave (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Private Demon (Darkyn #2)
  • Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
  • Night of the Huntress (Brotherhood of Blood, #2)
  • Jabril (Vampires in America, #2)
  • Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2)
  • Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
LARA ADRIAN is a New York Times and #1 internationally best-selling author with nearly 4 million books in print and digital worldwide and translations licensed to more than 20 countries. Her books have been named among Amazon’s Top Ten Romances of the Year, and have also been nominated by readers multiple times as finalists for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance of the Year. Reviewers hav ...more
More about Lara Adrian...

Midnight Breed (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8)
  • Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
  • Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)

“I want to kiss you again, Tess.”
“Why?”
He chuckled, low under his breath. “Why? Because you’re beautiful, and because I want you. And I think you want me too.”
91 likes
“It's the other part I'm not so sure about. You got any advice for me on that, Lucan?"
"Sure." The vampire grunted, his smile filled with dark amusement. "Dust off your knees, brother, because you may damn well end up walking on them before the night is through.”
64 likes