Start by marking “Happy Easter, Curious George” as Want to Read:
Happy Easter, Curious George

Happy Easter, Curious George

Happy Easter, Curious George is a winning holiday story based on H. A. and Margret Rey’s popular primate and painted in the original watercolor and charcoal style. One fine Easter morning, George and the man with the yellow hat head to the park. George can’t help but join in the fun when he sees children dyeing Easter eggs . . . but what’s that man doing with their prized ...more
Published February 15th 2010 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 2010)

Karen
Apr 06, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
This was a pretty adorable book to put in my six-year-old son's Easter basket. He could read, and he enjoyed, and I loved the illustrations.

Elizabeth Woodruff
Mar 30, 2016 Elizabeth Woodruff rated it really liked it
Happy Easter, Curious George is such a precious book! This book is probably best for younger children. This story is about the monkey George. He is a very curious monkey. One day the man with the yellow hat and George went to the park. It was Easter and George was more curious than ever. All the kids were having races with their eggs and even painting their eggs bright colors. There was even an Easter bunny that George was very fond of in the park. George then saw a man hiding eggs and he wanted ...more
Angie
Apr 06, 2015 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Happy Easter, Curious George is a winning holiday story based on H. A. and Margret Rey’s popular primate and painted in the original watercolor and charcoal style. One fine Easter morning, George and the man with the yellow hat head to the park. George can’t help but join in the fun when he sees children dyeing Easter eggs . . . but what’s that man doing with their prized creations? Each hardcover gift book comes with glittery egg-decorating stickers!"

My Review: This was a great book
Margaret Chind
Mar 31, 2013 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Margaret by: Lynne
What a cute book to share for Easter traditions. This is one that I would use all spring beyond just Easter. While there is the Easter Bunny which George gets to see, there are also the eggs. Learn and experience with George the tradition of dyed eggs and the hunt. While this is not a Christian specific book it is family friendly, holiday filled with traditions from childhood past and present.

There is also a great page dealing with the mixture of colors from primary to secondary. I love that int
Kristen
Mar 01, 2016 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books, easter
We picked this book up for free thanks to the Children's Museum of Phoenix and Target's Free First Friday event.

This was a cute book for Easter. George always finds himself causing shenanigans, though never purposely. My daughter enjoyed when George colored the Easter Eggs. George also mistakenly finds all the eggs before the hunt has began and let the Easter bunny out of it's cage!

The pictures are appealing and the glitter stickers at the end were a favorite. A very cute book to read at Easter,
Robert
Mar 14, 2012 Robert rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, monkey, 2-8, easter, fritz, own
Fritz selected this for his bedtime story this evening. This is typical Curious George. I have never figured out why the man with the yellow hat has a pet monkey. Nor have I come to understand how he is permitted to take the monkey out and about as he does.

They go to the park today where all the children are dying eggs, having an egg hunt, etc. George let's the Easter bunny out of his pen. George gathers all the eggs. But because he "finds" the rabbit, George is heralded. Eh.

There are pretty sti
Sarah Harmon
Happy Easter, Curious George is a sweet book about George and his first Easter egg hunt. The Easter bunny got lose from his pen and ran away. George looked for the bunny but then spotted a man "losing" his Easter eggs, when in reality he was hiding them for all the children to find. As usual, George causes trouble but, in the end, he saves the day.
I thought this book was good. Curious George has never been my favorite, but this book is a good one to have for the spring time/Easter.
I don't know i
Linda Branich
Mar 22, 2015 Linda Branich rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, holiday
This hard-cover book with a dust jacket comes with a page of sparkly egg-decorating stickers.

Children love DVD's and books about a clever and good little monkey, George, who lives with his friend, the man with the yellow hat.

Today George and the man with the yellow hat are headed to the park for Easter activities. It is a cute little story, devoid of any religious significance or reference to Christ rising from the dead, but one that is still fun and bound to please young kids.
Sarah Adamson
Apr 13, 2014 Sarah Adamson rated it liked it
This is a fairly traditional old style Curious George book but focusing on Easter! George goes to the local park and joins in an egg hunt, egg colouring and petting baby rabbits. Fun, gentle but as with all CG, a little dated in places including the awful fact that George is not a monkey - he is actually a chimpanzee - no tail!
Finn Pennekamp
Mar 05, 2012 Finn Pennekamp rated it it was amazing
My Uncle Pabby sent me this book and I love it! I had no idea there is such a thing as Easter, where you play in the park and pet bunnies and find colored eggs filled with candy! That sounds like the greatest holiday ever! And plus, EVERYTHING is better with monkeys!
Stacy
Apr 22, 2014 Stacy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, picture-book, easter
The man in the yellow hat takes George to the park on Easter. George gets into mischief like always yet he means well.
Kristin Fletcher-spear
Mar 16, 2010 Kristin Fletcher-spear rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book, charlie
lots of fun. A little bit of old style of writing.

but still cute. One question though. Curious george doesn't have a tail, doesn't that make him an ape? They kkept calling him a monkey.
Amy Bell
Apr 08, 2014 Amy Bell rated it it was amazing
My daughter loves Curious George. She especially loves finding Hundley on all the pages, which I think is pretty good for a 22 month old:)
Cheryl
Apr 09, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Supercute! George the monkey is up to his usual mischief at the town's Easter egg hunt. My four-year-old laughed at George's antics and really liked this story!
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Sheila
Sheila rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2014
Graham Egan
Graham Egan rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Jaime
Apr 05, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
Cute children's book!
Janice
Janice rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2014
Smith Family
Smith Family rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Jin Hu
Jin Hu rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2014
Glori Nicholson
Glori Nicholson rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2016
Jp Shanahan
Jp Shanahan rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Wanda
Wanda rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2013
Nadia
Nadia rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Christine Matson
Christine Matson rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
nicole l. ware
nicole l. ware rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
  • Thanksgiving Mice!
  • Happy Halloween, Curious George tabbed board book
  • The Easter Bunny's Assistant
  • Sea Monster's First Day
  • Happy Easter, Little Critter (Little Critter)
  • Five Green and Speckled Frogs (Sing and Read Storybook)
  • Max Counts His Chickens
  • Minerva Louise and the Colorful Eggs
  • Don't Worry, Douglas!
  • Animals
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...