The Mist-Filled Path: Celtic Wisdom for Exiles, Wanderers, and Seekers

The Mist-Filled Path: Celtic Wisdom for Exiles, Wanderers, and Seekers

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  342 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In The Mist-Filled Path, Frank MacEowen, a preeminent teacher of Celtic spirituality, shows how embracing the indigenous wisdom of Scotland and Ireland can lead to healing and transcendence. Using his own travels and teachings along with Celtic stories and myths, he explores ancient traditions, eco-psychology, the ancient mother, altars and hearths, Oran Mor (the Great Son...more
Published April 9th 2002 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about The Mist-Filled Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mist-Filled Path

Maya
This is a book that takes you on a journey through the mysteries of you. It is a great introduction to Celtic shamanism and an easy enough book to follow even if you don't know anything about shamanism. It is rich and poetic and very personal. The author guides you through the Celtic traditions, giving you a vision of the Celtic spirituality which is warm and adventurous. There are exercises to do which don't scare the beginner and gives the advanced a good workout. The author also has a glossar...more
Sky
This was one of those books that you happen to stumble upon in a little cafe' and it turns out to be just what you needed.

I read this book just before traveling to Ireland and Scotland, and though I have always felt very connected with the spirit of those places, this book had so many wonderful tools to draw me even deeper into the mist.

At once poetic and instructive, this book can draw you into a simply magical world.
Stress on the word 'Simply' here... because never before has this culture s...more
Emily
This was an interesting book that did not fulfill exactly what I was hoping for though. I had hoped to delve more into Celtic-Christianity specifically. The last quarter was wondeful and beautiful in its application of "mist filled path" practices of the author to Celtic-Christianity practices. I especially appreciated and loved the practices of the "Hearth Way", the "Way of the Heart" and the "Way of the Earth". The majority of the book explored the author's particular practices and personal ex...more
Holly
My faith, my heart, my soul resides in the places between, in the mist. For me things are always made more poignant when the veil of mist is present. The mist signifies the very breath of magick in my life. Profound in its elegant simplicity.
Sue Covert
Being of Celtic heritage (though not really knowing a lot about that) this book spoke to me. I went back and read it a second time
Kathryn Varuzza
I enjoyed this book. It taught me about my Celtic roots, and it made me understand myself better. I would highly recommend it. This book is about connecting with the wisdom from the ancestors, from nature, from the mist, and our Celtic heritage, our wisdom. It includes exercises and meditations to do.

I would highly recommend people buy this book.
Kristi Newcomb
Okay so far skip the intro and all the crap before Chapter 1. I have been wanting to read this book for awhile and I want to give it a fair chance, but all that stuff at the begining I've heard a million times before, do yourself a favor and just skip it.
I want to like this book so bad, I keep trying, but it can't grab hold of me.
Aletheia
A practical and down-to-earth look at Celtic Spirituality. Some really useful and engaging information in this book.
Spider Goddess
This is an excellent book. Mainly an autobiography, this is the author's story of how he came out of his own "dark night of the soul" to re-connect with his ancestral, spiritual heritage. In addition, there are a number of very useful exercises contained in each chapter.
Bridgett
I really enjoyed this book and related to a lot of the spiritual beliefs, though I've never considered myself a "Celtic Christian" or anything. I liked hearing some of the mythology and cultural traits discussed, in addition to the overall spiritual exposition.
Naomi
Filled with spiritual practices and personal narrative, _The Mist-Filled Path_ is a spiritual guidebook for those feeling alienated from Celtic spiritual traditions, and seeking to understand those spiritual traditions as ones deeply connected to the land.
Alexandra
Those interested in the Celtic wisdom and oneness with Nature, as well as engaging the living spirit of the Celtic stream, while using the reflections provided by this ancient perspective in the Here and Now, may enjoy reading this book as much as I did.
Crow
Aug 29, 2009 Crow rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Crow by: stumbled upon it
Shelves: wicca-paganism
i picked this up the other day after debating about purchasing a big ticket item that i didnt really need.... then i read the forward of this book and it spoke to me so directly. I'm really looking forward to starting this today~
Hannah
I've read this book twice now, and I found more lessons in the book. I think it speaks to a person differently based on what they are experiencing at the time.
Kit
This is a fantastic book for anyone interested in Celtic Spirituality, Druidry, health, or just plain old learning about ancient ways of living.

A must-read.
Valarie
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Kim Stroup
I found this book to be very deep spiritually. The author has been through a lot during his spiritual journey, and brings it to life in his writing.
Paige Ellen Stone
See my review on my Shelfari Shelf. It's a great book, an introductory level volume on Celtic/Shamanic based spiritual practice.
Cynthia
Ok in parts. Some of the questions were thought-provoking but basically not very engaging.
Shirl
loving this book so far, looking forward to get into it and thoughly living it.
Tabitha Beck
amazing..amazing..amazing...on so many levels...
Anders Bendtsen
Anders Bendtsen marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Martin
Martin is currently reading it
Firerose
Firerose marked it as to-read
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Lynn Cross
Lynn Cross marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
  • Kindling the Celtic Spirit: Ancient Traditions to Illumine Your Life Through the Seasons
  • Fire in the Head: Shamanism and the Celtic Spirit
  • Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom
  • Celtic Tree Mysteries: Practical Druid Magic & Divination
  • Druidry Handbook: Spiritual Practice Rooted in the Living Earth
  • The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries
  • Celtic Myths and Legends (Myths of the World)
  • Celtic Heritage
  • Autumn Equinox: The Enchantment of Mabon
Frank MacEowen is a Scottish-Irish American poet, teacher, and shamanist in the visionary traditions of his Celtic ancestors. A native to Mississippi, he facilitates retreats in Celtic spirituality, contemplative practice, and ecopsychology, and guides individuals in private shamanic sessions and dreamwork.
More about Frank MacEowen...
The Celtic Way of Seeing: Meditations on the Irish Spirit Wheel The Spiral of Memory and Belonging: A Celtic Path of Soul and Kinship The Salmon in the Spring: The Ecology of Celtic Spirituality The Celtic Way of Seeing