Start by marking “Is This Bottle Corked?: The Secret Life of Wine” as Want to Read:
Is This Bottle Corked?: The Secret Life of Wine

Is This Bottle Corked?: The Secret Life of Wine

3.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  38 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
We’ve all come across those suave, confident, and all-so-knowing books that tell us precisely what to drink with which dish, how to swirl, sniff, slosh, and pronounce on our wine, and, above all, how to impress our friends and business associates with our expertise.

Well, this is not one of those books. Is This Bottle Corked? is something different: a book that poses–and an
Published September 8th 2009 by Clarkson Potter (first published October 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Is This Bottle Corked?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is This Bottle Corked?

Tonari
May 19, 2013 Tonari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is quite enjoyable, its topics will surely appeal to any wine lover and could become the center of a good conversation around the table, before a bottle of wine.
Subjects vary a lot and range from wine history to wine in literature to everyday tips to curious anecdotes about wine. I liked its comprehensive nature which makes it diverse and keeps the reader attention, page after page.

The downside is that there is no order in how the topics are arranged, one chapter could introduce the re
Janet
Apr 30, 2014 Janet rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014-books
How could anyone write a book as pretentious and boring about wine? If this book came up to you at a cocktail party, you would immediately excuse yourself and find someone more interesting!
Jo
Jan 07, 2013 Jo rated it liked it
Not a linear, or sequentially written book; neither does its sections read like chapters...but I'm not sure if I'd have retained the same amount of interesting tidbits, if it had been more orderly fashioned.
An interesting read. It provoked one to think about the first appearances of wine in civilizations, how we enjoy it today, some of the lost art in wine....not bad,,,
May 25, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Disjointed and obscure, which may have been the point.
Michael Berger
Michael Berger marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Alain
Alain added it
Jun 06, 2016
Alain
Alain added it
Jun 04, 2016
Gordon
Gordon marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Charlotte Fraser
Charlotte Fraser marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Arto
Arto added it
Apr 18, 2016
Dean
Dean rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
M Sz
M Sz added it
Feb 03, 2016
Ruta
Ruta is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2016
Beat
Beat added it
Jan 07, 2016
Ed Bevan
Ed Bevan marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Bethanie Butcher
Bethanie Butcher rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Kevin
Kevin added it
Sep 14, 2015
Cj324_2000
Cj324_2000 rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2015
Bob Rucier
Bob Rucier rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Ela Wine Lady -
Ela Wine Lady - marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Angela Sauceda
Angela Sauceda marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016