Dearest Dorothy, Who Would Have Ever Thought? (Dearest Dorothy, #4)

Dearest Dorothy, Who Would Have Ever Thought? (Dearest Dorothy #4)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Charlene Ann Baumbich has won a loyal following of readers with the first three booksin the Dearest Dorothy series, featuring the amusing and touching adventures of the townspeople of Partonville. Now Charlene Baumbich uses her wonderful gift of storytelling to celebrate the simple pleasures of life in this heartwarming and hilarious story. The fourth book in the series fi...more
Published August 16th 2005 by Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated (first published January 1st 2004)

Kme_17

A sweet book that was very easy to just get totally lost in. The writer is very good at making this small town very real to me. She also handles the tricky thing of having many characters and the POV shifting frequently. It never comes out as hard to follow. The problem is some of the characters are very likeable and others you want to wring their necks even if it seems like you should root for them. All in all a very enjoyable book.
Denise
I can't help but like the Dearest Dorothy books. Dorothy is the kind of grandmother or friend we'd all like to have. And, the rest of the town's characters are very entertaining. I especially like Dorothy's prayers and explanation of God working in her life and the lives of others. This book chronicles Dorothy's attempts to set up Thanksgiving dinner for those in the town who don't have anywhere else to go for the holiday. Very heartwarming and recommended reading for those who like small hometo...more
Arlene Shulman/Lichtman
A cute story about a small town, Partonville, behind the times. The story centers around a group of women planning a Thanksgiving Dinner at their Church. A "big city" realtor moves to town with ideas of developing land and making a windfall. She gets involved with the town folks and starts questioning her motives. This is Book Four of a series.
Margaret
I like each of these more than the last. I have listened to them on audio books and been thoroughly entertained and challenged as well. Deep faith without judgement of those around her characterizes Dearest Dorothy and makes them special.
Thom Malone
I just love these books... they are like an old friend that I never tire of visting.... thats what it feels like everytime i read them... like a visit to an old friend...thanks you Charlene! God bless!
Arlene
Like the Miss Julia series or the Jan Karon books of Mitford you are in a sweet small town world. Good escape
Janice
An easy and light read, continues the story of 87 yr old Dorothy, living in Southern Illinois.
MommaLaura
The beginning of a wonderful series. You won't regret meeting Dearest Dorothy!
Alma Garza
The story continues . I have one more to go.
Nikki
Another fun visit in 'Pardon Meville'.
Lisa
Jul 08, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Dearest Dorothy series / book four
Martha Savage
good book , on to next one in series
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Sebrina Combs
Sebrina Combs marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Author, Speaker, Humorist. Sixteen books under her belt (including the Dearest Dorothy series and the Snowglobe Connections series), Charlene is still going strong, finding writing more enjoyable than ever. Visit her website at www.charleneannbaumbich.com for more information."

What she is most excited about for 2012 is the release of FINDING OUR WAY HOME. She says she learned more from her charact...more
More about Charlene Ann Baumbich...
Dearest Dorothy, Are We There Yet? (Dearest Dorothy, #1) Dearest Dorothy, Slow Down, You're Wearing Us Out! (Dearest Dorothy, #2) Dearest Dorothy, Help! I've Lost Myself!  (Dearest Dorothy, #3) Dearest Dorothy, Merry Everything! (Dearest Dorothy, #5) Dearest Dorothy, If Not Now, When? (Dearest Dorothy, #6)