Start by marking “Han Solo's Revenge (Star Wars: The Adventures of Han Solo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Han Solo's Revenge (Star Wars: The Adventures of Han Solo, #2)

Han Solo's Revenge (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures #2)

3.47  ·  Rating Details ·  1,970 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews

Lured by a profitable venture, freighter captain Han Solo took the jobno questions asked. It was after he and Chewbacca made planetfall and picked up their living cargo that they discovered they were committing a capital crime. And the punishment for slave trading was mandatory execution.

Thanks to quick thinking by Blue Max, the computer-partner to Han's 'dro
Published October 1st 1997 by Del Rey Books (first published October 12th 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Han Solo's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Han Solo's Revenge

Jan 05, 2012 Brad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Think back to that first time we see Han Solo in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

We've a bar full of "scum and villainy" in a desert town with some swaggering Federales (a.k.a. Stormtroopers). We've the big, mute(-ish) sidekick. We've local hicks seeking out a gun-for-hire. And we've a bounty hunter about to bring our pseudo-hero in alive (somewhere), or dead if necessary.

So our gunslinger leans back in his chair, preps his gun, and casually and remorselessly blows away the bounty hunter. The archetype i
John Bear
Aug 29, 2016 John Bear rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Han Solo will do almost anything for five thousand credits. But when things go sour, he's on the hunt to get paid.
Jun 22, 2016 Jaime rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a 3.5-star book but was slow at times.

After Han accidentally starts a religion (which is hilarious), Han and Chewie lose the money they were receiving from honest work. They feel forced to take on unknown smuggling missions. Unfortunately, the first one is to transport slaves.

Well. They aren't having it. Yet Han insists on being paid. That takes the duo to Bonadan, where it's easy to see how horrible the Corporate Sector Authority is. They're like the Empire (which is mentioned only twice,
Brock Pattison
Jun 05, 2016 Brock Pattison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-sci-fi
Originally posted on

Spinning off of the Star Wars films, the Han Solo Adventures trilogy included some of the first novels published for the series. Written by Brian Daley back in 1979, the novels feature a young Han Solo and Chewbacca, struggling to survive as smugglers in a time before that fateful meeting with Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi in the cantina.

The second installment in the series, Han Solo's Revenge features the duo getting tangled up in a ba
Apr 08, 2014 Adam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Brian Daley books have a lot going for them in some respects. It's interesting to compare them to Splinter of the Mind's Eye, which came out a year before this one. Both were written before ESB, when the GFFA was still young and unformed (the book was written before the Imperial March, isn't that weird?). They're basically ground zero for the EU. They're both pulp adventure stories, but beyond that they're totally different. Splinter is a jungle serial structured out of monster encounters an ...more
Aug 28, 2016 Jason rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So, immediately after reading I gave the book 3 stars, but as is generally my habit waited to write this review till I had some time to digest things and think about what I wanted to write. Unfortunately perhaps for "Han Solo's Revenge", I immediately started reading Dune following this. Now, while I do my absolute damndest to judge everything within the context of it's own genre and it's author's intent, meaning that I don't think it's even remotely fair to compare something like this book to ...more
Roman Kurys
Quick and fun read.
Get to know Han Solo a bit more and get a glimpse into what his life is like outside of the main books/movies.

Overall it was a good read, kind of a space cowboy detective theme, although the ending felt too rushed.

I have never really understood why Han Solo is as popular a character as he is. Personally, he never interested me all that much and the only reason I'm reading the original trilogy is to satisfy my own curiosity and see how it all started, as these are some of the
Doctor Edward Diesel
I don't know how Brian Daly got involved in writing a series of prequel books featuring the adventures of Han Solo and his wookie partner but he was the perfect man for the job. Each of these books is distinguished by fast paced action, snappy dialog and old fashioned cliffhanger plotting to keep the reader interested.
Ell Eastwood
I'm a little embarrassed that it took me four days to read this. Ooops.

I don't know what to say about it? It's like the first book. Better than the Lando Calrissian Adventures, but not the greatest book ever written. The plot trudges on at a reasonable pace, never dragging and never skipping ahead.

Mostly I like how the plot has been structured so that Han is doing "good" while not necessarily making his character development in the movies obsolete. We can't have a Han doing good just for the sak
Aug 16, 2015 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as believable as its predecessor, but an engaging read, nonetheless. The hardest parts to swallow were the situation Daley puts Han and Chewbacca in at the book's opening as well as the feudal-style society near the book's end. To be fair, given how many current cultural organization schemes our world has and has abandoned, it would only be logical that the same variety would exist across a pan-galactic civilization (if one is ever found to exist), it just didn't feel like it fit well ...more
Terri Paxton
Oct 22, 2016 Terri Paxton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
I loved this. It was one of my first ever expanded universe stories, even before there was an official expanded universe. Just enough hints about Han's background to reveal more depth to him. Some of the best writing of Chewie ever, he's a real character in this and not just along for the ride. It follows Han Solo at Star's End but I read this first and I wasn't confused at all by starting with this one (just intrigued enough to hunt the other!) It's fun to see Han in his early smuggler element.
Jul 23, 2011 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am NOT actually a Star Wars "Fanatic" but I like the first Star Wars film (the 1977 one) when I saw it. I was only 14 when I started reading the three book from the Han Solo series and found them to be the best of ALL the Star Wars books. Mr. Daley's easy and 'fun' writing style made complex 'other world environments' seem simple and 'real.' He made you feel felt part of the adventure. You liked all the characters (even the bad ones). It did not have all the melodrama of other Stars Wars books ...more
Christopher Rush
Welcome back to Goofytown. Once again, Daley gives us a book that feels nothing like Star Wars, though we should be fair and acknowledge the Star Wars EU was rather small at the time. We don't have to be too fair, though, since Daley gives us the impression he mostly wants to just use the names "Han Solo," "Chewbacca," and "Millennium Falcon" for a sci-fi story of his own devising in his own universe. On the other hand, though, the notion of a galaxy or arm of the universe under the control of s ...more
Mark Oppenlander
Paul Darcy
Jan 08, 2012 Paul Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
by Brian Daley, published in 1979.

In this, the second Han Solo adventure novel, we see Han and Chewie down on their luck and shopping vids to the backward inhabitants of Kamar.

First off I have to say that Daley real nails the characters of Han and Chewie. Reading this novel was like reading a slice of the “original” Star Wars movie with regards to these two space fairing rogues.

And you just know that they are headed for trouble after about six pages in, what else could go wrong - right?

Daley als
I think I bought this cheapy paperback around 1984, aka the height of my tween obsession with Return of the Jedi. I had read the book versions on both Jedi and Empire Strikes Back.

And this book was a huge disappointment to my eleven year old self. It's a bad and boring prequel, set before Han meets Leia, Luke, et al. Essentially authorized fanfiction, and the only one I've read (did I even finish this? I don't think so? ) in the extensive world of Star Wars related literature.
Jan 31, 2016 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
This book had such promise. The plot being that Han and Chewbacca were tricked into almost carrying slaves, and they turned the tables. Now they wanted their money regardless and they meet up with a girl who wants to solve the slaver dilemma and get herself a seat on the council.

How could that go wrong?

Oh it does. It gets bogged down in nothing. Every time I expected it to finally take off it got bogged down again. blah.

Its too bad. I really liked Fiolla. I felt like this coulda been great. I th
Allen McDonnell
Nov 21, 2015 Allen McDonnell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this series as they came out, a great view of Han Solo and Chewbacca before they met Luke Skywalker. Lots of information and character development, a must read for fans of the smuggler Captain and the Millennium Falcon. Still own the replacement copy I got after a flood 15 years ago. While not quite as good as the first book of the Trilogy I have red this volume more than once.
Jul 31, 2009 Bradley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
Sequel to Brian Daley’s first Han Solo book is about the same. More adventures in the Corporate Sector at a quick pace. This time Solo is seeking revenge after being duped into transporting slaves. Its appealing to read about another part of the Star Wars galaxy that hasn’t been explored much, with a bit of history on the Corporate Sector. These stories are a nice change of pace compared to a lot of Star Wars books dealing with a galaxy threatening weapon/plague/villain/whatever. It’s also amusi ...more
Aug 07, 2016 Joseph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All Han and Chewie want: to soar among the stars...but the Falcon needs repairs. Desperate to fix the Falcon, and wary of doing Corporate Sector work after their jailbreak at Star's End, Han and Chewie take a mysterious job which turns out to be a slave transport mission.

Han and Chewie, both escaped slaves from a certain point of view, are most displeased.

Han and Chewie charge a mercilessly mutiny to take back their ship, and then are caught up in a high stakes plot as they follow the clues left
Barbi Faye (The Book Fae)
Apr 21, 2016 Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sci-fi YA
Recommended to Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) by: genre
The adventures of Han Solo and his trusty bandolier wearing crossbow brandishing furry Wookie sidekick Chewbacca!!! And their tin can the Millenium Falcon! And smuggling, and stuff...! I remember well having this well thumbed copy in my nerdy bookshelf as I loved Han Solo so much. The novelizations and the comics were the only outlet for The Further Adventures of, so I just yummed it up...!!!
I need to search out another copy of this 80's relic! Help!
Well, for an early attempt I'm sure it was very good, but in general the plot was too simple, the characters not very interesting, and the attempt at introducing new types of creatures all at once without going into detail flopped- badly.
Alexander Draganov
I had very low expectations from this novel, because I am fan of Darth Vader and the Empire and not of the Rebels, besides, unlike many others, I do not like rogues, rebels and Han Solo in particular.
But the book is good. Solo is shown as a very cool character, a lonely man who trusts only his friend Chewbacca and shows himself as a tough, no-nonsense man, while he is actually hiding heart of gold. The story pits him against your typical evil corporation from a science fiction novel, but the plo
Apr 06, 2013 Dark-Draco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Han and Chewbacca are left out of pocket, they risk taking a job with a big pay-check but lots of secrets. Once they realise what the cargo actually is, they decide to renege on the deal, which doesn't please their employers. Chased across space from one planet to another, Han is determined to get the money he is owed. Falling in with an ambitious Space Authority Operative, he ends up on the planet of Ammund...and finds that the conspiracy goes a hell of a lot higher than he thought.

This is
Luis Hoyos
Mismos fallos que "Mas allá de las estrellas", le doy 3 estrellas porque mejora algo en los ultimos capitulos y al ser mas corto se hace mas entretenido al no contar con una historia de peso dentro del universo Star Wars.
Feb 10, 2014 Jacob rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing was a bit rough. A bunch of weird phrasing and antiquated words. But the story was fun and had a nice twist.
Timothy Boyd
Good Star Wars series about my favorite character in the Story. Recommended
Christal Mormann
Apr 15, 2014 Christal Mormann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad for an older Star Wars book.
Jim Trela
Fun Han Solo adventure
Oct 11, 2016 LC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
  • Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka (Star Wars: The Lando Calrissian Adventures, #3)
  • Street of Shadows (Star Wars: Coruscant Nights, #2)
  • The Ruins of Dantooine (Star Wars: Galaxies)
  • Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #5)
  • Hard Merchandise (Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Wars, #3)
  • Shield of Lies (Star Wars: The Black Fleet Crisis, #2)
  • The Unseen Queen (Star Wars: Dark Nest, #2)
  • Tales from the New Republic (Star Wars)
  • Jedi Trial
  • Assault at Selonia (Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy, #2)
Brian was born in Englewood Hospital in Englewood, New Jersey on Dec. 22, 1947. A blizzard kept him and his mother at the hospital over Christmas, and the nurses sang "Away in a Manger" to them.

His middle name is Charles. He grew up in Rockleigh, NJ. His mother's name was Myra and his father's name was Charles. He has an older brother, David, and a younger sister, also named Myra. He had no child
More about Brian Daley...

Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures (3 books)
  • Han Solo at Stars' End (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures, #1)
  • Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures, #3)