Start by marking “Han Solo's Revenge (Star Wars: The Adventures of Han Solo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Han Solo's Revenge (Star Wars: The Adventures of Han Solo, #2)

Han Solo's Revenge (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures #2)

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,615 ratings  ·  41 reviews
RISKY BUSINESS

Lured by a profitable venture, freighter captain Han Solo took the job—no questions asked. It was after he and Chewbacca made planetfall and picked up their living cargo that they discovered they were committing a capital crime. And the punishment for slave trading was mandatory execution.

Thanks to quick thinking by Blue Max, the computer-partner to Han's 'dr
Published October 1st 1997 by Del Rey Books (first published October 12th 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Han Solo's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Han Solo's Revenge

Brad
Think back to that first time we see Han Solo in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

We've a bar full of "scum and villainy" in a desert town with some swaggering Federales (a.k.a. Stormtroopers). We've the big, mute(-ish) sidekick. We've local hicks seeking out a gun-for-hire. And we've a bounty hunter about to bring our pseudo-hero in alive (somewhere), or dead if necessary.

So our gunslinger leans back in his chair, preps his gun, and casually and remorselessly blows away the bounty hunter. The archetype i
Adam
The Brian Daley books have a lot going for them in some respects. It's interesting to compare them to Splinter of the Mind's Eye, which came out a year before this one. Both were written before ESB, when the GFFA was still young and unformed (the book was written before the Imperial March, isn't that weird?). They're basically ground zero for the EU. They're both pulp adventure stories, but beyond that they're totally different. Splinter is a jungle serial structured out of monster encounters an ...more
Doctor Edward Diesel
I don't know how Brian Daly got involved in writing a series of prequel books featuring the adventures of Han Solo and his wookie partner but he was the perfect man for the job. Each of these books is distinguished by fast paced action, snappy dialog and old fashioned cliffhanger plotting to keep the reader interested.
Brian
I am NOT actually a Star Wars "Fanatic" but I like the first Star Wars film (the 1977 one) when I saw it. I was only 14 when I started reading the three book from the Han Solo series and found them to be the best of ALL the Star Wars books. Mr. Daley's easy and 'fun' writing style made complex 'other world environments' seem simple and 'real.' He made you feel felt part of the adventure. You liked all the characters (even the bad ones). It did not have all the melodrama of other Stars Wars books ...more
Christopher Rush
Welcome back to Goofytown. Once again, Daley gives us a book that feels nothing like Star Wars, though we should be fair and acknowledge the Star Wars EU was rather small at the time. We don't have to be too fair, though, since Daley gives us the impression he mostly wants to just use the names "Han Solo," "Chewbacca," and "Millennium Falcon" for a sci-fi story of his own devising in his own universe. On the other hand, though, the notion of a galaxy or arm of the universe under the control of s ...more
Mark Oppenlander
Paul Darcy
by Brian Daley, published in 1979.

In this, the second Han Solo adventure novel, we see Han and Chewie down on their luck and shopping vids to the backward inhabitants of Kamar.

First off I have to say that Daley real nails the characters of Han and Chewie. Reading this novel was like reading a slice of the “original” Star Wars movie with regards to these two space fairing rogues.

And you just know that they are headed for trouble after about six pages in, what else could go wrong - right?

Daley als
Charles
Another classic from early in the now infamous and ruined EU, this book tells a good exciting tale that turns pages while adding to the vast depth and adventure that can fill a galaxy as large as Star Wars' setting. Most importantly this series stays true to the characters: Han is a rogue and a bit of a scoundral (this is before his change in A New Hope) but still has some scroupals. A must read for lovers of the original films, their atmosphere and action.
Bradley
Sequel to Brian Daley’s first Han Solo book is about the same. More adventures in the Corporate Sector at a quick pace. This time Solo is seeking revenge after being duped into transporting slaves. Its appealing to read about another part of the Star Wars galaxy that hasn’t been explored much, with a bit of history on the Corporate Sector. These stories are a nice change of pace compared to a lot of Star Wars books dealing with a galaxy threatening weapon/plague/villain/whatever. It’s also amusi ...more
Alexander Draganov
I had very low expectations from this novel, because I am fan of Darth Vader and the Empire and not of the Rebels, besides, unlike many others, I do not like rogues, rebels and Han Solo in particular.
But the book is good. Solo is shown as a very cool character, a lonely man who trusts only his friend Chewbacca and shows himself as a tough, no-nonsense man, while he is actually hiding heart of gold. The story pits him against your typical evil corporation from a science fiction novel, but the plo
Dark-Draco
When Han and Chewbacca are left out of pocket, they risk taking a job with a big pay-check but lots of secrets. Once they realise what the cargo actually is, they decide to renege on the deal, which doesn't please their employers. Chased across space from one planet to another, Han is determined to get the money he is owed. Falling in with an ambitious Space Authority Operative, he ends up on the planet of Ammund...and finds that the conspiracy goes a hell of a lot higher than he thought.

This is
Jacob
The writing was a bit rough. A bunch of weird phrasing and antiquated words. But the story was fun and had a nice twist.
Christal Mormann
Not bad for an older Star Wars book.
Rick
Those damn fluidics!

I read this book when I was a kid and I really wondered what fluidics were. It's stuck with me my whole life. So I re-read this. I am shocked, in hindsight, at how small of a part those fluidics play in this book. I'm also slightly confused upon whom Han Solo is getting his revenge. It should really be called "Han Solo's trip to get paid that ten grand someone owed him."
Tom
Better than Han Solo at Star's End purely because there seemed to be more action and it wasn't all about infiltration. Also, Chewie got a bit more screen time which is always good! The ending though appeared almost out of nowhere (like the huge spaceship that resolves the plot) and if it wasn't for a few neat little twists and turns on the last three pages I woulda given this a 3 out of 5!
Gary
The structure was more convoluted than "...at Star's End", with more of a series of independent chapters introducing and resolving scenes.

One could read many books in a series with the charaters that are introduced, and Han Solo/Chewbacca are enough of lead characters to carry them.

All in all, a very serialized take on adventures, but fun.
Stephen Shores
This is the real Han Solo we know and love, the ruffian who shoots first. Full of action and suspense, this series held up better on a second reading than it did when I was a wide-eyed teenager. Cleverly written and chock-full of clever bits and details, these are some of the finest Star Wars books to come off the presses.
Barry
Oct 05, 2007 Barry rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No
This book is Bart Simpson in space. He's the good bad guy justifying delenquent behavior while having a love hate relationship with a lady cop in space (sound like a familiar princess). The redeeming quility of this book is it was not too sophisticated for someone who is just starting to read for enjoyment, as I was back then.
Daniel Millard
I was a little disappointed in the plot of this book, which seemed to me to be rather disconnected and somewhat random. As it is however, a number of characters are introduced, if only briefly, that recur in other Star Wars works, and the chance for continuity is always golden.
David Roche
I remember seeing this at Zayre. I think it was Zayre. I was with my Dad, which is strange because I I can't ever remember my Dad going to any store. Anyway, I was a little kid and thought this was the next movie, so I HAD to have it. Not sure if I finished it...
Tony Evans
Better than the last Han Solo book. The ending was abrupt and I wasn't sure what happend exactly, but this book was an easier read than the last.
Travis
The weakest of the Han Solo trilogy is still a fun bit of space opera as in the aftermath of a job gone wrong Han has to deal with a the local authorities, a galactic hit man, a less than trust-worthy woman and the guys that tried to screw him over.

Dale
I read this when I was ten - bought it from the bookmobile at school! I'm sure it wouldn't hold up if I re-read it, but I still believe "generic adventures of Han Solo" make for better reading than "generic adventures of Luke and Leia."
Karl
This seemed more like a detective story than the first book. That didn't make it bad but it made some parts harder to follow. It also did not have as much humor.
Raul
An entertaining read even though the ending occured rather abruptly. It could have used another chapter or two, perhaps an epilogue, to wrap things up.
Gina
This was not bad. I read it because of my deep love for Han Solo, and I did not come away irritated with the book, so I feel like it's a win.
Matthew Bowers
An unnecessarily complicated plot and a dearth of good action makes this one not as entertaining as STAR'S END. Still a fun read, though.
Mr.chewbacca
good book, but it gets boring after a while because you know what is going to happen.

its still a good way to pass time.
thos.
i picked this up in the 5 franc bin in paris (clearly desperate for a text). i do not think it is considered sw canon.

Jonathanstray Stray
Mine has an orange cover, first edition paperback 1980. And I stole it from school. Dumb fiction, fondly remembered.
  • Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka (Star Wars: The Lando Calrissian Adventures, #3)
  • Street of Shadows (Star Wars: Coruscant Nights, #2)
  • Slave Ship (Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Wars, #2)
  • The Ruins of Dantooine (Star Wars: Galaxies)
  • The Emperor's Plague (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #11)
  • Tatooine Ghost (Star Wars)
  • Tales from the New Republic (Star Wars)
  • Before the Storm (Star Wars: The Black Fleet Crisis, #1)
  • Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (Star Wars)
Brian was born in Englewood Hospital in Englewood, New Jersey on Dec. 22, 1947. A blizzard kept him and his mother at the hospital over Christmas, and the nurses sang "Away in a Manger" to them.

His middle name is Charles. He grew up in Rockleigh, NJ. His mother's name was Myra and his father's name was Charles. He has an older brother, David, and a younger sister, also named Myra. He had no child
More about Brian Daley...

Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures (3 books)
  • Han Solo at Stars' End (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures, #1)
  • Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures, #3)
Han Solo at Stars' End (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures, #1) The Han Solo Adventures (Classic Star Wars) Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures, #3) The Doomfarers of Coramonde (Coramonde, #1) Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds (Alacrity FitzHugh & Hobart Floyt, #1)