Start by marking “Going For Infinity: A Literary Journey ” as Want to Read:
Going For Infinity: A Literary Journey

Going For Infinity: A Literary Journey

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
More than just a collection of some of Poul Anderson's most acclaimed works, Going for Infinity is both a celebration and a memoir of Anderson's distinguished sixty-year career in science fiction and fantasy. Along with several Hugo and Nebula Award-winning stories, Anderson also shares autobiographical musings, and fond memories as he looks back at a lifetime spent crafti
Published June 29th 2002 by Tor Books (first published June 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Going For Infinity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going For Infinity

Ron
Sep 06, 2011 Ron rated it really liked it
Poul Anderson is/was one of my favorite SF authors. He can really tell a tale. Frankly, I prefer his fantasy stories, but the amount of fantasy in even his "hard" SF stories makes them pretty fantastic.

This set includes many short stories or chapters extracted from books he wrote during the 50s and 60s. Some he admits he could have done better later.

But it's still great fun. Sort of an Anderson sampler.
Faith Justice
Sep 04, 2010 Faith Justice rated it really liked it
Poul Anderson has passed, but his writing lives on. This year (2003), Tor books has released Anderson's final works: "Going for Infinity" and "For Love and Glory."

"Going for Infinity: A Literary Journey" is a brilliant posthumous gift from Poul Anderson to his fans and an excellent introduction to his work for new readers. One of the best speculative fiction writers of the 20th Century, Anderson published over 100 novels and story collections, won every science fiction and fantasy award known to
Michael Halpern
Aug 04, 2016 Michael Halpern rated it liked it
Poul Anderson wrote some great books; this isn't one of them. While the stories aren't bad, they clearly aren't his best work. So, unless you are looking for complete exposure to Anderson's cannon, I suggest avoiding this one and reading some of his others.
June Seymour
Feb 14, 2014 June Seymour rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
A pleasant collection of Anderson's short fiction, a journey through his history as a science fiction writer. I enjoyed it.
Josh Hamacher
Aug 12, 2013 Josh Hamacher rated it liked it
A collection of short stories, each with an introduction by Anderson. There were some strong stories here, and some duds (in my opinion, of course). Probably my biggest complaint was my inability to identify with many of the protagonists - based entirely on this collection, I'd say characterization was not Anderson's strong suit. Definitely worth a read for any science fiction fan, though.
Robert
Jan 13, 2013 Robert rated it liked it
Read this in order to complete my reading of the Time Patrol stories. Found it to be an interesting literary memoir, not too much "and then I wrote" but also not a personal story outside of his writing. Some good stories that I hadn't encountered before. (Kindle)
Darren
Sep 22, 2008 Darren rated it liked it
This is an average scifi collection of short stories. There were some that I loved and others that I decided to skill through. It's a quick way to get a taste of Anderson's writing and think about reading one of his novels.
DaughterDaDa
A fairly good introduction to the author's works. Good biographical notes.
Severmihail
Severmihail marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Uxp Twist
Uxp Twist marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Benoît
Benoît marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Ren
Ren marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Jim Bowman
Jim Bowman rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Vierblij
Vierblij rated it liked it
May 07, 2016
Billy Landon
Billy Landon marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Carrie Corri
Carrie Corri marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Corey
Corey marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Mikemcp
Mikemcp rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
laura moorhead
laura moorhead marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Goran Remborg
Goran Remborg marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
John Haake
John Haake rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2015
Steven Laube
Steven Laube marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
LilyBella
LilyBella marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
James Tallett
James Tallett marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
William Shockley
William Shockley rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2015
Troutttaylor
Troutttaylor rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2015
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Pseudonym A. A. Craig, Michael Karageorge, Winston P. Sanders, P. A. Kingsley.

Poul William Anderson was an American science fiction author who began his career during one of the Golden Ages of the genre and continued to write and remain popular into the 21st century. Anderson also authored several works of fantasy, historical novels, and a prodigious number of short stories. He received numerous a
More about Poul Anderson...