The Detox Strategy: Vibrant Health in 5 Easy Steps

The Detox Strategy: Vibrant Health in 5 Easy Steps

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Regardless of where and how you live, your body is harboring dozens if not hundreds of toxins that could be sabotaging your health. Low on energy? Dealing with chronic illness? Having trouble losing weight? Toxins might be to blame. From your mattress to your toothpaste to your nonstick pans to the food you eat and the (bottled) water you drink -- every day your body is bo...more
Published March 4th 2008 by Free Press (first published 2008)

Burd
I consider myself a healthy, active and generally a clean eating person. But lets face it. No one's perfect. So once a year I do an Ayurvedic cleansing fast. This spring I picked up The Detox Strategy by Brenda Watson and came away with a lot more ideas on how to make positive lifestyle changes that I can continue practicing throughout the year.

In my previous cleanses, I altered my diet for two to three weeks eliminating dairy, caffeine, alcohol and processed foods. The Detox Strategy focuses n...more
Katie
I hoped being on PBS would set this book apart from the wack-o informercials, but Watson consistantly lays down two truths and tries to make connections that aren't there. For example, early on she had a diagram of a pastoral setting , cows grazing, a city can be seen over the hill smoke belching and the diagram shows the rain washing all the smoke, cow waste, pesticides, etc into the water....true.

Next are statistics from the world heath organization stating the millions of cases of sickeness f...more
Claire
Just making some of the changes she suggests helps a lot. It is a great reference source. Not a book you can just sit through and read cover to cover for hours - there's a lot of information to digest. I'm definitely keeping it for references of items I don't want in my food, cosmetics, cleaners, etc.
Diane
I got hooked on Brenda Watson several years ago on PBS. I have to say, her books are very well researched and I find the information she provides to be extremely comprehensive in that she doesn't just tell you what you should be doing, but why and what the impact to your body will be.
Ronna
A detailed description of our toxic world and how to minimize the harmful effects on our bodies. There could be some who would become overwhelmed by the information and thus cast the whole resource out. There were great tips on how to economically and logically change our health.
Carrie
This book was interesting and informative. I found many of the tips to be daunting however. It was good to be thinking about all the many chemicals in our lives, even small changes and awareness are a start.
Dustin Douglas
Good information about toxins and bio-accumulation, then how to get rid of the toxins. Paints a picture that her products are the best way, but overall useful information.
Aaron
Jul 06, 2010 Aaron is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Many practical tips -- more like a reference book, rather than a sequential novel
Eric
Pretty fascinating. I think my bowels will really benefit from my reading of this book.
Melissa
This book looks really interesting!! I just started it and am hooked!!
Carrie
Working on upgrading my diet and the kids. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Divya Yadava
Divya Yadava marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Raúl
Raúl marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Adam Davis
Adam Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Siena
Siena is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2014
Pat
Pat added it
Jan 05, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2013
Dose
Dose marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Lisa Davis
Lisa Davis marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Littlepretties
Littlepretties is currently reading it
Jun 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Brenda Watson, C.N.C., is a bestselling author and one of the foremost dietary authorities in America today. She has gained national recognition with her televised PBS special, Brenda Watson's H.O.P.E. Formula: The Ultimate Health Secret. Ms. Watson has two grown children and currently lives in Florida with her husband, Stan, and their dogs. Visit her website at www.brendawatson.com.
More about Brenda Watson...
The Fiber35 Diet: Nature's Weight Loss Secret Gut Solutions: Natural Solutions for Your Digestive Conditions Renew Your Life--Improved Digestion and Detoxification The H.O.P.E. Formula: The Ultimate Health Secret The Road To Perfect Health   How Probiotics Balance Your Gut And Heal Your Body