Start by marking “New Girl in Town (Liberty Porter, First Daughter, #2)” as Want to Read:
New Girl in Town (Liberty Porter, First Daughter, #2)

New Girl in Town (Liberty Porter, First Daughter #2)

In New Girl in Town, Liberty is settled in at the White House but off to a rough start at her new school. It’s hard being the new girl, especially since she has to bring along a bodyguard. And do the other kids only want to be friends because she’s the First Daughter?
Published July 6th 2010 by Aladdin (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about New Girl in Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Girl in Town

Sophie Riggsby
Dec 30, 2012 Sophie Riggsby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Review posted on Mundie Kids 1/4/2013*

First days of school can be very awkward when you're the New Girl. Imagine though, if you're not only the New Girl, but also the New First Daughter. Awkward time!

She's getting to know her new school as well as her new house -- umm, that just happens to be the White House. Both MundieTween and I loved reading how Liberty could go down to the chocolate shop in the White House and add chocolate to her lunch.

Liberty is quite a spunky, true-to-life character. Wh
Emily
These books (it's a series) have been popular at my library, and I finally decided to read one. I thought this was the first when I picked it up, but Goodreads informs me it's the second.

I understand the popularity. New Girl In Town is fun, easy to get into, and addresses both the things one might wonder about being a first daughter (do chefs prepare all your meals? What's it like having your own Secret Service Agent? What's the in-house chocolate shop like?), and experiences that are common to
Sheryl
Apr 05, 2011 Sheryl added it
Shelves: kids-girls
Gr 3-5–Liberty faces her first day at a new school in Washington, DC, and, like any fourth grader, she's excited and nervous about making new friends. Her welcoming and friendly nature backfires, however, when she won't join an exclusive threesome of girls in her class. One presidential-like speech later, Liberty points out that she can't be perfect but she does want to be friends with everyone who wants to be friends with her. This book ends with a playdate at the White House and a freeze-dance ...more
Aubrieco
Feb 04, 2013 Aubrieco rated it really liked it
I thought the book was great and I just love books about first daughters. The book is about a girl named Liberty, and the first day of school. But along the way she has to face some problems like how people call her mean things and how she tries to hang out with everbody or kids get mad. But also she makes some new friends along the way to. It somtimes it can be a little tricky to be the first daughter because you have all these responibilites that u have to accomplish and treat everyone with ...more
Amber
Nov 25, 2010 Amber rated it really liked it
I picked this book up off my library shelf thinking that it would be something similar to talking about the fictious life of a first daughter. I want to check out the first book in the series to see what it talks about in there. In this book, they mention the different people in the white house such as the security guard, the chief of staff, the executive office, and how the first daughter ends up going to school and what happens when she does go to school. It was a very interesting read for me ...more
Alex
Sep 18, 2011 Alex rated it liked it
I liked this book, I liked the characters. But some of it seemed unrealistic. For example, in the end everything works out after Liberty gives a speech about why she wants to be a good friend. Some of the dialogue doesn't sound like kids would actually say it also. Maybe it's because I'm thirteen, maybe not. I would recommend "Liberty Porter, New Girl in Town" by Julia DeVillers to kids between 2nd and 3rd grade!
Karen Arendt
Dec 25, 2010 Karen Arendt rated it it was amazing
A continuation of the Liberty Porter, First Daughter series. I really enjoyed this one. Liberty starts her first day at school and has to manage with a variety of responses the the president's daughter being in her class. A few lessons told and learned by other students about treating people, but not too preachy. Can't wait to see what comes in the next book! Hope there is more!
Dakota McFarland
May 13, 2016 Dakota McFarland rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed it. It is like an ordinary going to school, and meeting people, but Liberty Porter is the presidents daughter, and she is the First Daughter. She goes to school, and meets lots of people, and they become her friend.
Krithi
Jan 23, 2013 Krithi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liberty Porter is going to a new school as 1st daughter.She is really nervous,but her classmates are really nice.Then there is this girl,Halower. She really wants to be best friends with Liberty Porter, but Liberty doesn't want to be only friends with her.
Tanja
The President's daughter gets ready for her first day in a new school and soon learns that it isn't always easy to make friends, especially when you are so famous. Not my kind of book but very popular with our third and fourth grade girls.
Abbycat
Jul 28, 2011 Abbycat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading about Liberty, the white house, her pets, and her secret service agent. I liked the rooms in the white house, too.
Krystal
May 07, 2016 Krystal rated it really liked it
This book was really good! It was so interesting! But, it could have been longer because DeVillers didn't STRETCH the moment that well.
Natalie
Dec 20, 2014 Natalie rated it it was ok
When I picked this book up at the library I didn't realize it was the 2nd book in the series! Oops! But I really enjoyed reading about what the White House is supposedly like.
Abby
Dec 14, 2010 Abby rated it it was amazing
this book was sooooooooooooooooo goooood i would raed it 20 times i think kids who are 11 should read this book!!!!!!!!!
C.J.5
C.J.5 rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Kendall
Kendall rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Sydney
Sydney rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2012
Allie
Allie rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
Katherine Villaluz
Katherine Villaluz rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Cleo Patra
Cleo Patra rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2013
Safiya
Safiya rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Alyssia
Alyssia rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2013
Mary Watson
Mary Watson rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Ella
Ella rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2011
Olivia
Olivia rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Maansi
Maansi rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
  • Milagros: Girl from Away
  • A Stolen Life
  • Waylon! One Awesome Thing
  • The Reinvention of Moxie Roosevelt
  • Allergic to Dead Bodies, Funerals, and Other Fatal Circumstances (Alvin Ho, #4)
  • Oggie Cooder
  • Zero to Hero (Ghost Buddy, #1)
  • Kelsey Green, Reading Queen
  • Mallory in the Spotlight  (Mallory McDonald, #14)
  • Up and Down the Scratchy Mountains
  • Lulu and the Duck in the Park
  • Behind the Masks: The Diary of Angeline Reddy, Bodie, California, 1880 (Dear America)
  • Friends Forever? (Mackenzie Blue, #3)
  • Politically Incorrect (Camp Confidential, #23)

Liberty Porter, First Daughter (3 books)
  • Liberty Porter, First Daughter
  • Cleared for Takeoff (Liberty Porter, First Daughter, #3)