One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)

One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2 #10)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  11 reviews
It's tough being a teenage Slayer. On the verge of failing her junior year -- thanks to annoying Principal Snyder, who seems to be acting even stranger than usual lately -- Buffy agrees to meet with a tutor. Not helping her studies is the fact that lately she's been exhausted, waking up each morning feeling more tired than she did the night before.

To make matters even wo...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about One Thing or Your Mother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Thing or Your Mother

Crystie
Not bad for a Buffy book. This book even read like an episode of Buffy. It seemed to fit into the Buffy universe well and even made Principal Snyder a much more human character. There were a lot of little references to past and future episodes of the show that helped it to “fit,” and the characters were written just like they appear on the show. Not all fan-books (meaning Buffy or Charmed or what-have-you) can do that. Often authors will write about a show and while you are reading it you wonder...more
Desiree
4.5 stars.

A very good Buffy book. Shame this author hasn't written more Buffy novels, she seems to know the show very well.

OToYM takes place after the episode 'I Only Have Eyes For You'.

First off I loved that Buffy was dealing with a normal teenage problem, her failing grades and the interest of her tutor, and at the time also dealing with multiple Slayer issues. So many times I've read a Buffy novel where the author didn't put a believable or any human/normal teenage problem and it would bri...more
Georgina
One of the thing I love most about Buffy books is the fact they are usually written by people from the show. This makes it so much easier to read as the characters mannerisms which we have come to know and love are found in every page. This particular book I enjoyed as it incorporated storyline's from Season Two and Three, I would have given it 5 stars but it fell short with a slightly weak ending involving the character Todd and Buffy. Not a bad read though and I'd recommend it to any fan of th...more
Ariana
I'm giving this book 4 stars because it did exactly what I wanted it to do... It was quickly read, so that i could add to my goal of trying to read 100 books in 2012. :) It wasn't great, but I was able to picture the characters actually behaving the way they were portrayed in the book, and some of the quips were actually witty. Was it a great book? No. Was it fun? Sure!
J. Ewbank
This Buffy book by Beyer was a very good read. The characters and the plot were well developed and the story was good. This is a typical Buffy book, one that her fans will enjoy.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" and "Wesley's Wars"
Marlie Summers
One of my favorite Buffy books.

There are some continuity errors, but that didn't prevent me for finishing it.

The characters are very well written and it has a nice story with multiple plot twists.

The story takes place in season 2 of Buffy (When Angel is Angelus)
Jacob Austin
This book was okay. Not the best Buffy book I've read, but still good. Was displeased by the lack of knowledge with spelling with the Order of Taraka, which she spelled "Tiracca," and Revello Drive spelled "Ravello". Good storyline and character lines.
Mark
Yes, I miss Buffy so much I'm reduced to reading fan fiction. Did it work with the series? I thought so. Was it good writing? Maybe for juveniles. Serious philosophers write about Buffy and they can't make a book for grown-ups?
Emma
Really well written. Great continuation of the show. The characters sound just like they do on TV.
Pamster
There was some specific stuff about Snyder's toes that I liked a lot.
Gabriel Mero
Read just like an episode of the show.
Zoe Uhuru
Zoe Uhuru marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Boukje Koop
Boukje Koop marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Cat
Cat marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Christina Missweit
Christina Missweit marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • Portal Through Time (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #6)
  • The Deathless (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #7)
  • Carnival of Souls (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #8)
  • After Image (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #7)
  • Dark Congress (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #8)
  • Bad Bargain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #5)
  • Mortal Fear (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #3)
  • Go Ask Malice: A Slayer's Diary (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #9)
  • Cursed (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 6, #1; Angel: Season 3, #1)
  • Wicked Willow I: The Darkening (Wicked Willow, #1)
  • Seven Crows (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #1; Angel: Season 4-5, #1)
  • Apocalypse Memories (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #2)
  • Deep Water (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #21)
Star Trek: Voyager: Full Circle Unworthy Star Trek: Voyager: Children of the Storm Star Trek: Voyager: The Eternal Tide Fusion (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #2)