Start by marking “City of the Rats: Kota Tikus (Deltora Quest, #3)” as Want to Read:
City of the Rats: Kota Tikus (Deltora Quest, #3)
Preview

City of the Rats: Kota Tikus (Deltora Quest #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  5,662 ratings  ·  91 reviews
Lief, Barda, dan Jasmine -- tiga orang yg tidak memiliki kesamaan kecuali rasa benci pada musuh bersama -- berpetualang mencari tujuh permata yg hilang dari sabuk Deltora. Hanya ketika sabuk kembali komplit kuasa jahat Raja Bayangan dapat diusir dari Deltora.

Mereka berhasil menemukan Topaz dan Ruby. Kekuatan dua permata itu membuat mereka semakin kuat dan menambah keberani
Paperback
Published by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about City of the Rats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of the Rats

Maddy
I think the book was magnificent! A bit scary at some points but not as scary as the first time I read it. Clever twists and turns increased the tension, making it really exciting. I loved it.
Ashley
The naming of the Ra-Kacharz was especially clever, though I kind of thought it a bit weird that the "City of Rats" is only seen in the last 2-3 chapters of the book. Really entertaining overall though!
Alison
this book was about a guy and his two friends search for the lost gems of deltora. in this book they meet a shop keeper who rips them of, while trying to help them at the same time. the friends meet a army of rats. they are trying to reach the city of rats. they think one of the lost gems are hidden within the city. they have to fight the rats to get into the city. when in they find a snake. the snake has a gem in his crown.

that gem is one of the gems of deltora.
this book reminds me of the Erag
Marchel
Cerita petualangan Lief, Barda, dan Jasmine yang ketiga.

Di awal cerita, tiga sekawan itu dikejar-kejar 11 anak Thaegan yang ingin membalas kematian ibu mereka dan kedua saudara mereka, Jin dan Jod. Setelah berhasil lolos, berkat kecerdikan Lief, mereka mengenal TOM, seorang pedagang yang menyuplai para pemberontak, dan juga menyuplai Pengawal Kelabu. Dari Tom, mereka membeli berbagai perlengkapan aneh tapi serba guna seperti tali yang bisa menggulung sendiri, satu paket "Tanpa Dipanggang" (lingk
Natalia
Nadzieja umiera ostatnia…

Miasto szczurów to już trzeci tom z serii Pas Deltory, którą stworzyła australijska pisarka ukrywająca się pod pseudonimem Emily Rodda.

Deltora była niegdyś spokojną krainą. Jednak odkąd przejął ją we władanie Władca Mroku, stała się posępna i niebezpieczna. Jedynym ratunkiem jest odnalezienie poszczególnych klejnotów z mitycznego Pasa Deltory, który następnie ma zostać przekazany prawowitemu spadkobiercy królów.

Zadanie odnalezienia klejnotów spada na Liefa, wraz z nim w
Frank
Emily Rodda has continued spinning her splendid "Deltora Quest" with book #3 and another exciting adventure. The three main characters Lief, Barda and Jasmine continue to work as a team against some of the strangest creatures and people yet. But they also continue to unravel a very strange tale of what had been going on in this land for a very long time, long before the Shadow had taken over. There are several very narrow escapes in this tale and Filli, Jasmine's little furry friend who pretty m ...more
Nura
ide tentang Noradz cukup bikin gw ter-ooh gitu. masih merinding ngebayangin kota penuh tikus beringas yg bahkan makan bangkai temannya sendiri. eewww...

ada satu yg rada aneh. kan koki di Noradz disuruh masak tiap hari, emang tuh makanan masih enak ya sampe di Del? Lah wong dr Noradz ke tokonya Tom aja berjam-jam.
Dilan
This book is about Leaf and his friends Barda and Jasmin going to rat city to find another Gem. Leaf and his friends have to find these gems so that they can put together the belt of deltora so that the world can be united and better improved.

I connect this book to the lightning thief. This book reminds me of the lightning thief because the characters have to go on a quest to find what they need in order to survive. This book is also similar to the lightning thief because Leaf has to make sure
Kyle Rickman
City of the Rats is the third book in the serious Deltora Quest written by Emily Rodda. This book is made more for the 7-12 year old males that love and thrive off of mythology. The main theme of this book is even if all hope is lost you shall never give up, because someone will always take your place to do what is right. I think this was a very good book to read and i recommend that you should pick up Emily's first 2 books in Deltora Quest and no matter how boring the first book is, don't put ...more
Katie Watkins
This is another fun adventure in the quest to find the jewels for the Belt of Deltora. I thought the storyline and perils were very creative and the rats were just plain creepy. My skin was crawling! I'm excited to see what's in store for this trio on their next adventure.
Moriah
I feel like fights with the main villains at the end of each book are won WAY too easily...but still really cool build up. ^^ This series is kind of addicting!
Saeed dourandish
lif , barda va jasmin , 3hamsafari hastand ke tanha noghteye moshtarakeshan , nefrat az doshmani vahed ast. anha baraye peyda kardane 7 gohare jadoiie kamarband nacharand dast be jost o johaye khatar naki bezanand
zira tanha zamani ke kamarband kamel shavad arbabe saye ha sarnegoon mishavad
anha ta be hal movafagh shode and yaghote zard o sorkh ra biaband. in 2 gohar ke nirohaii marmoz darand be hamsafaran ghodrat va shahamat mi bakhshad ta baraye yaftane gohare 3 talash konand.
ama hich yek az anh
Rebecca
Certainly the most interesting of the Deltora Quest series. A whole host of freaky characters and an interesting stint in a secret underground town with a morbid fear of furry creatures. After escaping from said town, the three heroes manage to end up in an even freakier deserted city, deserted by all except an army of very savage rats which attempt to eat our heroes’ whole. But once again, predictably, good triumphs and the merry trio is one step closer to fulfilling their magical quest and rid ...more
Stacy
Read aloud for the boys. Pretty good one- goes back and explains some of the earlier happenings throughout Del. Leif, Jasmine and Barda continue their quest for the stones of the Belt of Deltora. This time the travel toward the City of Rats. Road weary, they stop at Tom's shop for the traveler, who sells them some interesting creatures to ride.

The creatures bolt for 'home' and the 3 end up in the city Noradz- where they continually break the fierce laws of convention there and wind up imprisone
Fantasy Nebula
This has got to be my favourite deltora quest book!
Christine
It is official--I loathe Jasmine.
Jesse
Cool story it's a lot like Legend of Zelda
Jaelee Tillack
I just can't wait till I read them all.
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
I just finished reading this out loud to my 9 year old son for our bed time reading. He loves this series, and has already read the first 6 books by himself, but he wanted to re-read them with me. He had told me that this was his least favourite book of the series so far. I'm sure his prejudice clouded my judgement but I didn't like this one as much as the first two. I thought that the Ra-Kacharz bit went on too long, and I lost track of the story and characters at times. It all came to an end r ...more
Neha Chandra
it is a very fabulous book!!
Amanda Logo
My brilliant son found the anime cartoon, Deltora Quest, and has been watching each episode (on his phone) in order up to the part in the books that we're reading; how cool is that?! He missed his chance to test on this one Friday but he still watched the corresponding anime episodes AND (we)jumped immediately into the next installment in the book series, The Shifting Sands! I'm so thankful to Mrs. Maples (the school librarian) for suggesting this series, I haven't seen Seth this excited about r ...more
Renay
Rats, wild beasts, crazy adventures that no - one has trained for or has skill to overcome, our hero lief and companions barda and jasmine stumble into yet more maddening craziness, but in the end, quickly and almost without solid reasoning, the wild beasts (the rats in this case) are beaten, and lief has come out the other side of the adventure victorious with yet another easily - gained gem for the belt of deltora.
almost as quickly as lief is saving deltora, the pages are flipping by.
enjoyable
Unit Driver
Lu
Mckinley
Engaging. Great tone and pace; enough action to keep things going with enough dialog to fill out characters. I enjoyed this series greatly.
Queen
Although the red-cloaked OCD fanatics and Dr. Seuss camel-horses have potential to be cool, it was slow and boring. The suspense doesn't really focus on the jewel. There's some mystery to discover at Tom's Shoppe--wish I could buy some of his unique toys--(crap, said Tre), but but but but we just weren't connecting to the plot. It seems to go on and on with short bursts of excitement and no climax.
Abbie
Arito Sato
日本語版
デルトラ・クエスト〈3〉ネズミの街
Tim
Third in the "Deltora Quest" series, by now familiar in terms of characters and setup, but with some surprises about all of 'em. I continue to see the strong appeal for tweens, but for us old fogeys it's an easy romp in preparation to read, for example, "The Tears of the Dragon" or "The Throat." Enjoyable as usual.
Brad
The quest continues. Another easy book, probably fun for kids in elementary school. I enjoyed the character of Tom, the storekeeper who remains neutral in the battle between the good guys and the bad guys--he's just out to make a buck, but helps our heroes a little as he can.

Rating: PG, for action adventure.
MCC Children's Li...: Children's Novel!!! 1 2 Mar 31, 2012 09:09PM
  • The Book from Baden Dark
  • Tartok The Ice Beast (Beast Quest, #5)
  • Secrets Of the Scepter (Unicorns Of Balinor, #6)
  • Hazel Green
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • The Moon Scroll (The Secrets Of Droon, #15)
  • Misery Guts
  • Darksong (The Legendsong, #2)
  • Penny Pollard's Diary
  • Air Keep (Farworld, #3)
  • The Wizard's Statue (Circle of Magic #3)
  • To Be a King (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #11)
  • Above the Veil (The Seventh Tower, #4)
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...

Deltora Quest (8 books)
  • The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1)
  • The Lake of Tears (Deltora Quest, #2)
  • The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4)
  • Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest, #5)
  • The Maze of the Beast (Deltora Quest, #6)
  • The Valley of the Lost (Deltora Quest, #7)
  • Return to Del (Deltora Quest, #8)
The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1) The Lake of Tears (Deltora Quest, #2) The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4) The Valley of the Lost (Deltora Quest, #7) Return to Del (Deltora Quest, #8)