Start by marking “The Lake Of Tears: Danau Air Mata (Deltora Quest, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lake Of Tears: Danau Air Mata (Deltora Quest, #2)

The Lake Of Tears: Danau Air Mata (Deltora Quest #2)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,367 Ratings  ·  131 Reviews
Lief, Barda dan teman baru mereka yg sulit diatur, Jasmine, kini berpetualang mencari ketujuh permata yg dicuri dari sabuk Deltora. Topaz keemasan telah ditemukan. Tetapi hanya ketika semua permata dikembalikan ke tempatnya, negeri mereka akan terlepas dari kuasa jahat Raja Bayangan.

Untuk menemukan permata kedua, ketiga pahlawan kita harus melewati wilayah kekuasaan sang p
Paperback
Published by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2000)

Ahmad Sharabiani
The Lake Of Tears (Deltora Quest, #2), Emily Rodda
عنوان: دریاچه اشک؛ نویسنده: امیلی رودا؛ مترجم: محبوبه نجف خانی؛ تهران، قدیانی، 1382؛ در 160 ص، مصور، نقشه؛ فروست: در جستجوی دلتورا؛ رمان نوجوانان؛ شابک: 978964176777؛ چاپ چهارم 1386؛ چاپ پنجم 1388؛ چاپ ششم 1389؛ چاپ هشتم 1392؛ موضوع: جادوگری - داستانهای کودکان و نوجوانان از نویسندگان امریکایی قرن 20 م
Regina
Nov 09, 2012 Regina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: To everyone
First I have to confess that I've begun listening to Deltora Quest after I have watched the anime made based on these books and realising, that the books tell the story further.
I considered skipping the first eight books as I believed that they will be the same as what I've already seen, but in fear that I'd miss out on something I started with the first book.
And I was right to do so, as this book, too, contained new or simply differently told events I truly enjoyed. For example Theagan's de
Kolet
I thought this book was pretty cool. meeting scary creatures who want to eat you and it seems like there is no way to escape...
Parker O'connor
The second Deltora Quest book isn't as good as the first. I expected a lot from it since the first book is one of my favorite books. I like the new character we meet who's name we don't know because he can't talk. I think he will play a huge part in the books because he is from Tora. The only good parts of the book are when they are fighting the sorcerers from the lake and when they fight the monster living in the lake.

I gave this book 2 out of 5 stars because it is very boring. There is no acti
Sarah Eagle
I love how clever these books are, and Rodda always finds a way to top herself with all of the great riddles and little twists she adds - like ow connected everything is with Dij and Doj and the bridge guardian and the sorceress.
Not to mention Rodda adds the dimension of how awful things really are, even in the face of success. You never forget how tenuous things are while reading; there's not much assurance that they'll succeed until, by the seat of their pants, they think of something on the s
Lucy
Sep 05, 2015 Lucy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: australian, 2015
3.5 stars. This series is pretty good but I wish I'd read it as a child.
Sariah
May 28, 2015 Sariah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with the first book in this series, The Forests of Silence, I felt that when finally faced with the terrible and wicked creatures, the battles were not very battle like at all. The events that lead to the defeat of the sorceress, for example, was very anticlimactic. The author lingered on her children though, and those were fun and intriguing chapters. I love finding out about the pasts of the creatures and characters met along the way. The curious blue race that were mute, the monstrous and ...more
Braulio Z
Sep 17, 2014 Braulio Z rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because it has a lot of cool things it also has a lot of action and it is interesting. I would recommend this book to a classmate because from the beginning the book was interesting. If i had to rate is i would give it a 10. There is a series and I am going to continue the series because I enjoy these kind of books. I hope some classmate gets to read all the series. If I had to choose this series to some other series i would choose this series. So if you have a chance to read i ...more
VaultOfBooks
Jun 08, 2012 VaultOfBooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
By Emily Rodda. #2 in the Deltora Quest Series. Grade : A
DELTORA IS THE LAND OF MONSTERS AND MAGIC…
Lief, Barda and their new unruly companion, Jasmine, are on a perilous quest to find the seven gems stolen from the magic Belt of Deltora. The golden topaz has already been found. But only when all the gems have been restored to the Belt can their land be freed from the dark power of the evil Shadow Lord.

To find the second stone the three heroes must travel through the territory ruled by the monste
Marchel
Jan 25, 2011 Marchel rated it it was amazing
Buku kedua kisah petualangan Lief, Barda, dan Jasmine.

Teka-teki si burung besar bermata emas (yang dikutuk menjadi orang) kepada Lief:
Thaegan menyantap makanan kesukaannya
Di dalam gua bersama semua anaknya :
Hot, Tot, Jin, Jod,
Fie, Fly, Zan, Zod,
Pik, Snik, Lun, Lod,
Dan si seram Ichabod.
Setiap anak memegang seekor katak berlumpur.
Di setiap katak menggeliat dua tempeyak gemuk.
Di setiap tempeyak duduk dua kutu pemberani.
Berapa penghuni di gua Thaegan ini?

Lief mengatakan jawaban yang salah. Salah m
Josh Breen
Oct 11, 2013 Josh Breen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book with a male main character

In the prequel - The Forests of Silence - Lief, Barda and Jasmine manage to acquire the Topaz, the first of seven gems of the fabled Belt of Deltora. The trio's next destination is The Lake of Tears, where they will aim to acquire the coming gem (the Ruby) and face the next jeopardous guardian. Jasmine - at first - is very reluctant to move on to The Lake of Tears because of it being ruled by the evil sorceress, Thaegan. Jasmine is eventually convinced. The three
Josh
Sep 26, 2013 Josh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book with a male main character

Lily
Gee, the world of Deltora sure is interesting, but I definitely wouldn't want to live in it! *Laughs* A lot of freaky things happen in this book, making it scarier than the first one. (MY OPINION.) The two 'friendly' sorcerers talking backwards was creepy, them being revealed as evil was creepy, the monster at the end was creepy, and WAHRGHHHH...! No comic relief either. Hang on to your seats, kiddos. You're in for a dark (yet incredibly fun) adventure.
Slaathlord
Dec 09, 2015 Slaathlord rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The storyline to Deltora Quest keeps getting better and better. The characters have a lot of will and power, and they're always ready to face any challenge that meets them head on. They have gotten stronger because of their new companion, Jasmine, and an advantage to see what's coming up because of her pet crow, Kree. Their companionship has helped them in the story greatly and has will help them get stronger as the serie continues.
Raine
This was a great book(like the rest of the series) and I highly recommend it to anyone with a taste for adventure and a love for fantasy. This series definitely fulfills my expectations for any fantasy epic(good story lines, hard to put down, almost addictive, adventurous, big monsters, long books/series). The way the Ruby was obtained was (in my opinion) genius! (spoiler, if wanted to be skipped, go 1.5 lines down) the way it was with the weeping stone is amazing and the way the creature of the ...more
Alfreda Morrissey
Oct 05, 2015 Alfreda Morrissey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second installation in the series. It is pretty much along the same lines. There is not much introspection, a lot of action, and several neat but shallow characters.

The books definitely follow a formula. Start journey, meet new character, fall into lap of dangerous place they are looking for, meet main boss, defeat main boss, celebrate. This time the new character returned home instead of going with them.
Britt Watkins
Dec 21, 2008 Britt Watkins rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, quests
I really wanted to like the Deltora Quest series. I read Rodda's Rowan of Rin series to my 7 year-old son and we both loved every one of the books. However, all the things I loved about the Rowan books were missing in the DQ books: the unlikely hero, rich, interesting, respectable characters, and communities, an imaginative plot and unexpected twists and turns in exciting journeys and adventures.

I made it through the first two books of the Deltora Quest series, barely. I started the third book w
Lauren
The best part by far was the cherubic grandma and grandpa with their strange language and 'Live No Evil' cross stitching above the fireplace, who *spoilers* we learn are actually backwards speaking evil monsters, whose cross stitching is supposed to be read as 'Live On Evil'. The fact that these gross, evil troll monsters keep cross stitchings in the first place is tragically glossed over in the book. Did they make it themselves? It's adorable.
Alison
this book was about this dude and his two friend's search for the lost gems from the belt of deltora. they have two go through the lands that belong to this evil witch. in the center of her woods is a lake, a lake called the lake of tears. they believe that is where one of the gems of deltora lies.
this book reminds me of Eragon. in that book, Eragon finds out that he is a dragon rider and flys a lot. he goes on a search for this city. they both search for something.... Eragon is waaaaaay cooler.
Kyle Rickman
This is the second book in Deltora quest written by Emily Rodda. I had a feeling that this book would be wrose than the first book because like most movies the first movie is always the best. I was proven wrong after reading Lake of Tears, it had alot of Puzzle's in it which are fun to try to figure out, but sooner or later if you keep reading the character's in the book will solve the problems. I think that this was a very fun book to read and the age group this is more intended to is 7-12 year ...more
Saeed dourandish
lif , barda va hamrahe jadideshan ke gheire ghabele pish bini ast , be mamoriati miravand ta 7 sange gomshodeye kamar bande jadoiie deltora ra peyda konand.
yaghote zard ghablan peyda shode ast , ama faghat zamani ke tamame sang ha dobare roye kamar band savar shavand , sarzamineshan az daste niroye tarikie ahriman , arbabe saye ha , nejat peyda khahad kard.
baraye peyda kardane sange 2 ,lif , barda va jasmin (haman dooste jadideshan ) bayad az sarzamini obor konand ke ghalamroye hayolaye jadoogar
Deergha
Jun 02, 2015 Deergha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it a nice book with good twists and riddles so it's fun enjoyable with the new palace and new caracter Emily Rodder has a good idea for this book so I think you should read this book
Dilan
The Lake of Tears is about Leaf trying to find the second gem. Leaf, Barda, and Jasmine go looking for the gem in the Lake of Tears. They find some guy who tries to make them solve the riddles so they can cross the bridge. Leaf and his friends get the gem.

I made a text-to-text connection. I connect this book to the first one. I believe that Jasmine's parents are the prince and his wife. The Prince and his wife disappeared after being attacked by the shadow lord and Jasmine was abandoned. So mayb
Nura
Dec 25, 2014 Nura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
the bridge trick a bit old, but the writer gave a little twist. although it's seem not all thanks to Lief's wit alone. and the blood-sucking, flesh-eating creatures of the lake was really, really disgusting.
Dark-Draco
Having not read the previous volume, I was surprised how easy it was to follow the story. Then again, it is aimed at children!

Lief has to find the seven stones of the Belt of Deltora so that he can defeat the Shadow Lord. This is the second volume, so he's looking for the second stone. Running up against the sorceress Thaegan and her monstrous children, he and his companions have to fight through to the Lake of Tears where the stone is hidden.

Children will probably like this and there's some gre
Rusty
Oct 01, 2010 Rusty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, children
I like to read children's and teen books occasionally to keep up with my grandchildren so I chose a book from this series. It's a good read for youth. The companions: Leif, Barda, and Jasmine are on a quest to find the seven gems of the magic belt of Deltora. The gems are a diamond, a topaz, a ruby, an opal, an amethyst, a lapis lazuli, and an emerald. At the beginning of this book they have only one gem - the topaz. Their journey to the Lake of Tears leads them through several adventures which ...more
Kateřina Vaňková
O kousek lepší, než první díl. :) Liefa si prostě nejde zamilovat a Jasmína je zajímavou epizodkou sama o sobě.
Trulee Goble
May 07, 2014 Trulee Goble rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great second book in the series. How did I miss this series for my older boys???
Tim
Mar 08, 2009 Tim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Episode/adventure two in the Deltora Quest series, and it IS an adventure! Even at my advanced age I enjoyed it, even if the intended audience is about 8-12 years old. Some stuff is reminiscent of Indiana Jones or a very scaled down version of the Lord of the Rings, but what the hey, it's fun! Only reason fdor the three stars only is the fact that I have already read s bunch of fantasy books for adult raders. On to #3!
Lyndee
Dec 10, 2015 Lyndee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book that is utterly compelling start to finish!!
MCC Children's Li...: Children's Novel 1 1 Mar 31, 2012 09:02PM
  • Master of the Books
  • Search For the Star (Unicorns Of Balinor, #5)
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • The Moon Scroll (The Secrets Of Droon, #15)
  • Sepron The Sea Serpent (Beast Quest, #2)
  • Darksong (The Legendsong, #2)
  • The Dragonslayers
  • The Diamond Princess Saves the Day (The Jewel Kingdom, #4)
  • White Crane (Samurai Kids, #1)
  • Secret of the Tower (Circle of Magic #2)
  • Wicked!
  • Hazel Green
  • Misery Guts
  • Clovermead: In the Shadow of the Bear
  • Wish Upon a Unicorn
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...

Deltora Quest (8 books)
  • The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1)
  • City of the Rats (Deltora Quest, #3)
  • The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4)
  • Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest, #5)
  • The Maze of the Beast (Deltora Quest, #6)
  • The Valley of the Lost (Deltora Quest, #7)
  • Return to Del (Deltora Quest, #8)