Midnight Sun (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #1)

Midnight Sun (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  549 ratings  ·  28 reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author comes a new novel of shattering romantic suspense set in the remote Yukon territory, where true darkness exists in the heart of a ruthless killer who won't let anything come between him and perfect, deadly vengeance. Original.
Published May 1st 2003 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Sun

Sunny☼
Charity, is drawn to the adventure of her life. Quiting her job, her so over boyfriend, her life in New York City she buys a gold mining claim and cabin in the Yukon of Canada.
Her extremely handsome and or so grumpy hermit of a neighbour Cal wants her gone.
The journey in life these two take together over the next short while is adventure packed, passionately hot, unpredictable and rivoting. The secondary characters are unravelled with the same skill the primary ones are. You come to love all o...more
Ehhhh. Wanted the hero to quit being such a sullen, unlikeable jerk, and also wanted the heroine to quit falling into bed with him even though he spent 2/3 of the book being a sullen, unlikeable jerk. By the time the last third of the book came around, it was too late for him to be redeemed.
♥ Miss Jennifer ♥
Loved this book!! Call was amazingly hott!(well he was decribed pretty hott)
RomReader
New-Yorker heroine buys a piece of property in the Yukon to live in for her 6-month adventure & to dredge up some gold. Her aloof loner neighbor Hero is bothered by her presence. She's evoking feelings & sensations that he thought died when he found out that his wife & child were killed in a car accident 4 years before. He fights these unwelcome feelings towards heroine & even tries to date other women but to no avail. Heroine also fights her attraction to Hero knowing that he's...more
Tonya Warner
McCall Hawkins is just beginning to feel the desire to live again after the sudden deaths of his wife and daughter four years before. He knows he must go on, but meeting Charity Sinclair throws his world in to a twist. Call finds himself starting to feel, to desire, to want things he does not believe he should have. His survivor's guilt is made even worse when spends more time with Charity and begins back on his business life.

Charity has left behind a very successful life to pan for gold in the...more
Paula
this was the first book I read of kat martins. it is my feeling that kat martin has an absolute gift for writing she capture every emotion from me. I laugh, cried, was angry, happy, sad, you name it I felt it with this series. I intend to read more of her books, however I have other authors that are my favorites as well. so I will continue with them and let the newer books build up so I will have more to read at one time.
Stacy
Speaking for this series as a whole, because honestly, the three books were kind of formulaic, even for romance. The same story and essentially the same characters, told in different settings and with different names.

The three sinclair sisters were essentially the same, there was very little that differentiated their personalities. Charity and Patience especially, both felt drawn to do things because of some "hereditary memory" thing. If you want this concept done well, read "The Winter Sea" by...more
Anita Fleming
This is a reread for me. I remember the plot very well, even though I must have read it over 3 years ago. This book has a lot going for it. Romance, suspense, tragedy, Gold Rush history - this book has it all and is very well written.

Charity has felt a connection to the Yukon since she was a little girl. She is also really dissatisfied with her life in New York and her boyfriend. Charity buys an old gold claim in Dawson and decides to have an adventure.

Call lost his family 4 years ago and is ju...more
Debbie Heaton
In Martin’s romantic suspense novel, the solitude of Dead Horse Creek is the perfect place for Call Hawkins to hibernate away from the world and bury his loss. But when Charity Sinclair arrives fresh from the city—and completely ignorant of life in the Yukon, Call is forced to make contact to ensure her safety. When a determined killer comes after her with a deadly vengeance, she is grateful for Call’s help.

A rugged hero, in a tough land—an adventurous tale.

Robin
The budding romance between Call and Charity was enjoyable, and frankly the only reason I kept reading. Way too many other characters to keep track of, and way too much filler reading for my taste. Between the separate mysteries each one had following them, her past, his past, the gold rush, etc. I found myself skimming through the second half of the book due to my boredom...and had the Epilogue been different I may have been more generous with my rating
PepsiGirl
First off, do not like the cover. Would rather see this guys profile then look at him straight on. Not attractive. Liked the story, Rugged grumpy cowboy, is what she thinks of him. But he is recovering from many heartbreaks. Another case of the woman saying I'm not staying we are not going to be serious. The man thinking the same thing. Famous last words. I like Martin's style you don't feel overwhelmed by her descriptive text like some writers.
Erin Martin
It has been over 20 years since I've read a brainless romance and this one was pretty good! Enjoyed it.
"Purple Angel"
Great story. Charity is one of three sisters, and she leaves her cushy editing job in manhattan to go work a gold mine in the Yukon. Call is a tortured soul, tormented by the death of his wife and child, and is just starting to live again afyer four years of self imposed exile. Add in a greedy CEO that wants Call dead before his company can announce a new technology, and its a really great story.
Natalie
A woman sets out on a life time adventure of going pan handling in the Yukon.Her dream leads her right next door to a man who wants nothing from anybody except to be left alone.These two send alot of sparks flying in just about every direction you can think of.An interesting story.Couldn't put the book down for long....
Leah (packfan20)
This book just did not hold my attention. The story line was all over the place - is the book about the Yukon gold or a big technology company or a love story or a murder mystery or a spiritual connection with the past? Seemed like the author couldn't decide so it was all thrown in there.
Jessica Alcazar
I love Kat Martin books. I really, really do. BUT, this was the LONGEST, shortest book EVER. Less than 350 pages and I swear to you, it felt longer than War & Peace! I REALLY got tired of reading and that has NEVER happened with Kat!
Dawn Olson-Thorner
It definitely feels like I just read a Harlequin romance. That being said I did enjoy learning a little bit about Alaska, Yukon and the Goldrush - very original and enjoyable setting.
Molly
Very enjoyable:) Loved the description, the tension between the characters, and the 'mystery'. I am a little skeptical of a minor subplot though, but that's just my opinion.
Christine
I finished this book in one day. Great character development and a lot of interesting things going on at once, but not enough to overwhelm you.
Michelle Nelson
The first of the Sinclair sisters trilogy and I loved it!! More drama and angst and of course who can forget the romance.
Sherri
I just couldn't get into it, was not capturing my attention and after a few chapters I just gave up
Karen
another good read from Kat Martin..can't wait to see whats next for this great author...
Maureen Hubley
It was a great book. I hope I will be able to find the 2 other books in the series.
Tiffany
I liked the characters, story was pretty good
Donnajo
Riverdale library sale 3/26-27/11.
Mokona
4.5/5 stars
  • Into Danger (S.A.S.S., #1)
  • Blaze
  • White Heat (Firefighter #1)
  • No Regrets (Delta Force, #1)
  • Outcast (Benedict Brothers, #1)
  • Snowfall
  • Pursuit
  • Heartthrob
  • And Able
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)
  • Space In His Heart
  • Paradise County
  • Exposure
  • Brown-Eyed Girl
  • Sounds to Die By (Sensory Ops, #1)
  • Don't Look Now (Look Trilogy, #1)
  • Crazy Sweet (Steele Street, #6)
  • She Drives Me Crazy (Walker Brothers, #1)
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and History from the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read an unpublis...more
More about Kat Martin...
Against the Wind (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #1) Against the Law (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #3) Against the Storm (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #4) Against the Fire (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #2) The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #1)