Start by marking “No Survivors: An Accident Man Novel” as Want to Read:
No Survivors: An Accident Man Novel

No Survivors: An Accident Man Novel (Samuel Carver #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  417 ratings  ·  39 reviews
The Accident Man returns in a heart-stopping race to prevent a global holy war

Tom Cain's The Accident Man introduced Samuel Carver-a man hired to make bad things happen-to rave reviews from critics and readers alike. Now, Carver is back in a new adventure that takes him from the war rooms of Washington, D.C., and the palaces of the French Riviera to the Arctic peaks of
Published March 30th 2010 by Penguin Books (first published July 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about No Survivors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Survivors

Dan Watts
Picked this book up and couldn't put it back down; and it got increasingly hard to put down with each page turned! I hadn't read the prequel, as I found 'The Survivor' (UK title) on a bookshelf at work and wasn't aware it was part of a series. I'm reading the prequel now with equal enthusiasm.

I thought Cain's character development really have this read added interest. Each character had his or her own murky past which affected the outcome of the plot to varying degrees; similarly each character
Jorge A.
This is great book pumped with adrenaline from the get go. It also keeps the reader thinking ahead as to what might happen next.....totally enjoyed it!
Scott
[Audiobook review] I'm new to Tom Cain's books and the spy genre in general, but I found this one interesting and well-paced from beginning to end. The characterizations, the plotting, and the writing overall are flawless. Not once did I cringe or roll my eyes (I'm recently coming off of the Deathlands novels so, much eye fatigue there). In a nutshell, the book starts out with a single fact: Russia has lost over 100 briefcase nuclear bombs hidden throughout Europe (or perhaps the world). The plo ...more
Paul Pessolano
Samuel Carver is the "Accident Man". If you read Tom Cain's first novel, "The Accident Man" you would know that Carver is an assassin and he makes his assassinations look like accidents. You will also remember that at the end of the novel Carver was in a sanitarium and was a mere shadow of his former self.

"No Survivors" picks up with Carver struggling with his psychological problems he received from a severe brain washing. The woman he loves, Alix, has run out of money and can no longer afford t
Ian Mapp
Follow up to the morally dubious Accident Man.

Absolutely identical sense of style, short pacy chapters, assassins, international locations, beautiful girls to the first book. Cain is obviously writing with a view to getting the film rights to the next James Bond. This doesn't shound like a great endorsement but it is.... as a no brainer, thrill a minute, can't put it down book this knocks others, Lee Child included, into a cocked hat. In fact, we need Sam Carver to take on Jack Reacher in some c
E.R. Yatscoff
Plenty of action combined with a pulp fiction hero Samuel Carver, also known as the accident man. This time though he's really on the offensive and doesn't have to hide his tracks as he searches for his woman and runs into a nuclear plot. A page turner.
Ian Coates
Having loved Tom Cain’s debut, the awesomely brilliant The Accident Man, I was rather disappointed by Survivor, its sequel. Both star Sam Carver, the man who “makes bad things happen to bad people”. If you’ve already read The Accident Man, skip the first 130 pages of this thriller, which serve only to summarize what befell Carver in the previous book. If you haven’t yet enjoyed The Accident Man, read that story first... and then come back and skip the first 130 pages of this one. But from that p ...more
Kevin Allmaras
Ah! The Russian suitcase nukes. Samuel Carver an elite British spy/assasin has lost his mind and identity. Now in a sanitarium his girlfriend Alix a former Russian spy is trying to pay his bills not knowing where the former Carver has hidden his money. As Carver is being watched by various services a piece of secret paper with the information of where the missing suitcase nukes are planted has come into play. As each person who gets their hands on it they eventually get slaughtered as the variou ...more
T.M. Carper
It took a while to get into this one more so than "Accident Man", but it got better.

It's an international spy thriller that brings Carver back when he wakes up without Alix at his bedside. He takes off after her with some help from a wacky tech geek and ends up meeting up with her again on assignment.

It's a good thriller that touches on topics that are a big part of today's society.

I reccommend re-reading "Accident Man" or at least the last chapter or two before starting the sequel. I had a hard
Richard
I enjoyed this read, not as much as his first, but still entertaining. Proves to me that I know very little about the world situation and the back stories.
Alissa
And this novel did not suffer from a sophomore slump at all. It was taut, action packed and just as suspenseful as the first one.

Samuel Carver is an assassin, who makes things look like accidents. He’s been in a sanitarium, broken and damaged since September. But when his devoted lover, the Russian Spy Alix Petrova is forced to leave Carver for the dark world of her former employers, Carver begins to emerge as his former self.

I can’t wait for the next one. . . for me Sam Carver is the new Bourne
Any Length
This book had me on the edge of my seat. I didn't want to let go for just a few more minutes.
It's no 2 in a series and does start where book no 1 leaves off, but it is a stand alone book, nevertheless. There are a number of different players involved in this book, but I found it easy to keep them apart and not loose track of who is who and what they are up to. The story was gripping and one can easily imagine that something like it could happen. Am on the hunt for no 3 in the series now.
Jeroen
Goedgeschreven boek, Cain weet de spanning lang erin te houden en zet een plot neer dat, hoewel niet altijd geheel geloofwaardig, redelijk origineel (in hoeverre dat tegenwoordig nog bestaat) is. Ik heb niet de eerdere boeken over de hoofdpersoon gelezen maar vond dat persoonlijk geen gemis bij het lezen van dit boek.

Normaliter geef ik de voorkeur om de boek ofwel in de originele taal te lezen of in het Engels maar ik kreeg deze vertaling cadeau. Aanrader, ook deze Nederlandse verise
Steve
The first Accident Man book was more of a straightforward (albeit action-packed) thriller. This sequel is equally exciting, but follows a different path. Much of the book describes how our protagonists attempt to return to full strength and power, and is powerful because of this storyline. Though I enjoyed this book, I do not feel it transcends the thriller genre in any way. But it sure was fun to read.
Jp
A worth successor to Tom Cain's Accident Man. Another solid thriller about Sam Carver. It picks up seamlessly where the previous book ended and follows through in the high stakes world of espionage and intrigue.
Robert Colquhoun
A good thriller. A little corny and far fetched in places but overall a good read.
It seemed like Cain had had enough by the end because he wrapped it up so quickly. I would have preferred some further detail getting to the conclusion.
I didn't read The Accident Man but I think I'll pick it up from the library and see what happened with Carver and Alix beforehand.
PepsiGirl
This is one of those stories that makes you rethink everything that you know. Especially events that to place in your lifetime, that seemed to appear as a tragic accident but more nefarious forces were at work. Carver is one of these people that makes things happen and when h is services are requested things happen and they happen quite by accident....
Wendy
Read Accident Man, and was impressed. This one, No Survivers is just as violent and almost as good. Carver battles several unknown enemies, and is dealing with murky waters of who is a good guy and who is bad. Well researched, written I somehow cannot give it a full 5 stars I do not know if it was the character i am beginning to Dislike or the writing.
Andronicus Kok
Finished reading Tom Cain - Survivor. When an ex secret ops awakes realising he cant remember a thing he sets out to find his past and his one love that has kept him strong and living all this while. He will stop at nothing to get her back only to realise she's married to a man he once was paid to kill. How will he handle it when he meets them? :)
Jane
Sam Carver gets another outing. Finding out who his friends and enemies are in equal measure. Fast paced action from around the world. A fascinating look at the world of confusion suffered after a trauma. A great page turner with plenty of back story and another big What If? And on to the next...
Tracy Fleming-Swehla
Another action packed, suspence novel with Sam Carver working to keep the bad guys at bay. It's hard to keep up with who's trustworthy and who's a real bad guy, but Sam manages through it. I do like how the fictitious story intertwines with some true to life events.
Chris
95 pages in and I just felt that if its gone nowhere in that space of time then is it going anywhere in the 500. Along with the fact the The Accident Man only received 3 stars from me and that wasn't that great a 3 star review has made me not continue.
Laureen
Worthy sequel to The Accident Man. Too bad the next books in the series are so hard to get in the US!
Vielleicht noch 2.5 Sterne.
Eher enttäuschender zweiter Teil. Das Tempo war viel zu langsam, das Ende dafür heruntergehudelt und die Charaktere sind mir total fremd geblieben.
(Eine längere Rezension gibt's irgendwann.)
Hedrives
The only thing about this well written thriller that bothered me was the protagonist is embodied with super-powers. I don't want to give away anything, but be ready to stretch your common sense.
Ember Stone-pierce
This action-packed thriller would make an amazing film! Really kept me on my toes with plot twists and political mayhem. In the UK was released under the title 'The Survivor'.
Shahrun
Really enjoyed this (2nd) Samuel Carver installment! I enjoyed the pace. I just couldn't put it down! But I need the next installment to find out what happens next.
Meghan Kelly
Picked this up as bargain book and was pleasantly surprised. Second in the series, so now I've gotta read the first and see how the characters came to this point.
Eddie Dalton
Good thriller. Plenty of action, car,helicopter& plane chases. Easy quick read- but very very far fetched! Will still try other books by Tom Cain though.
Greg Davies
Well after starting this I realise it is a sequel, but carry on. It is a good solid read, I am off now to locate the first novel The Accident Man.
  • The Hunter (Victor the Assassin, #1)
  • The Shadow Project (Ben Hope, #5)
  • Recoil (Nick Stone, #9)
  • Timebomb
  • The Hijack (Stratton, #2)
  • Blood and Ashes (Joe Hunter, #5)
  • Burial
  • Three Great Novels: Deal Breaker / Drop Shot / Fade Away (Myron Bolitar, #1-3)
  • A Spy's Life
  • Scimitar SL-2 (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #7)
  • Alistair MacLean's Red Alert
  • The Lucifer Code
  • Rough Justice (Dan Shepherd, #7)
  • The Tiger Warrior (Jack Howard, #4)
  • Even (David Trevellyan, #1)
Tom Cain is the pseudonym of David Thomas, an award-winning journalist with twenty-five years experience working at Fleet Street newspapers, as well as for major magazines in Britain and the US.
More about Tom Cain...
The Accident Man (Samuel Carver, #1) Assassin (Samuel Carver, #3) Dictator (Samuel Carver, #4) Carver (Samuel Carver, #5) Revenger (Samuel Carver, #6)