Start by marking “Multiple Blessings” as Want to Read:
Multiple Blessings

Multiple Blessings

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Three years after giving birth to twin daughters, Kate and Jon Gosselin became pregnant again---with sextuplets. Kate's candid and emotionally-charged book chronicles the exhausting challenges she and Jon faced from the time the babies were conceived through the first two years of their lives, and the faith it took to get through each day.
Published September 9th 2008 by Zondervan (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Multiple Blessings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Multiple Blessings

Katy
I didn't expect this to be as focused on the author's Christianity as it was. She doesn't seem to be very religious on the show at all. It was interesting to read this so long after the fact of her marriage falling apart and the television show ending. Some of what I wanted to know - like what it was like for their family once their private lives were made public on such a regular basis - wasn't elaborated on in this book. Furthermore, Kate's entitled attitude trumps any sympathy that you might ...more
Tanen
OK I have no idea how to rate this. It was exactly what I thought it would be and very entertaining so 5 stars? It had absolutely no literary or philosophical merit so 0 stars? Going in the middle with 3. Kate's personality comes right through, it was fascinating reading about her VERY intense religious beliefs which were clearly downplayed on the show. Also, the incredible amount of stress that was put on that family right from the start -- it's amazing they all made it through alive.

If you enj
Elizabeth
This would have actually gotten a 5 stars, just because it was so interesting, except for how I know that they have changed so drastically since writing this book. Had I not known the "ending" to their marriage and how they are now both so selfish I would have thoroughly enjoyed the book. They used to talk about God and put their family first.
Rebecca Rash
Interesting read on what this family went through with all these little ones! Kate seems much changed, though, since the writing of the book. After watching her tv show, I found her thoughts in the book a bit unlike her. Still enjoyable, though, and if you enjoy learning about this family this is a read for you! :)
Catherine
I've never watched the show and was curious about this incredible story... I just can't reconcile the concept "it's all in God's hands" with sextuplets via assisted reproduction. A lot of scripture references... And now a broken family. Sad but interesting
Nancy
Wonder if everything was as hunky dory as she makes it seem. Their life sure took a wrong turn in a couple of years. Makes me sad to think how far apart they grew so quickly if their life was really this good.
Pam
Even though their marriage is over and this is old news....it is worth the time to read the book. What she went through to get these babies here safe and healthy was a miracle. This book blessed me so much. It encouraged me. I could identify with her in many situations. Kate shares her heart in this book. She even shows you a side to Jon that is so sweet. He was very involved in raising those little babies.
Laura Lennon
Jan 29, 2012 Laura Lennon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Moms
Recommended to Laura by: A mom
Shelves: inspirational
Heartwarming story from Jon and Kate Gosselin regarding the tumultuous pregnancy with sextuplets and the ensuing years as the family struggled to gain footing as they cared for their eight children with the help of volunteers.

Some of it seemed a bit too fantastic to be believed, but overall the heart that this couple has for their kids comes through. Light encouraging read that moves along quickly.

Tanya
This book was given to me, so I decided to give it a chance. I'm not particularly a fan of Kate Gosselin, but I did find it interesting to read the details of their story. I'm certain that having twins is not nearly as challenging as having sextuplets, yet I was surprised at how much I could related to many of the things she said.
Jenilee
This was a fast and inspiring book. God bless Jon & Kate. I dont think that I could of done it without going nuts. I have one child and he has me on thin ice, I could only think how I would be if I had eight. They might not be the "perfect family" but they try and that is all that counts.
Whitney Johnson
Jumped on the bandwagon with some people on this one. Didn't think I'd like it was shocked at how it pulled me in. Despite all the drama going on with their family, it's still a nice story. It will be a token for their kids someday.
Danielle Gerhart
It was a great book. I just wish that their love had lasted
Brooke
Well i really enjoyed the show and thought this book captured a good before the show story! But thats about all i have to say on it!
Marygail47
Nice read until she decided to turn into a diva, lol.
Courtney Armstrong
Courtney Armstrong marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Dede
Dede marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Kelly Mcleod
Kelly Mcleod marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
 Gen
Gen is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2015
Jill
Jill added it
Mar 14, 2015
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Julie
Julie added it
Feb 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Money Making Vacation Rentals Money Making Vacation Rentals- Expanded Pastor Bob: A Statesman of Prayer for Canada Vacation Rental Travels: Summer 2014 Arne Bryan: Pioneer of Prayer Canada