All Pigs Are Beautiful with Audio, Peggable: Read, Listen & Wonder

All Pigs Are Beautiful with Audio, Peggable: Read, Listen & Wonder

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A great resource for teachers!

Introducing READ, LISTEN, & WONDER!
This vibrant book-and-CD series brings the best of our Read and Wonder nature stories to life.

Each paperback title in the series includes a CD that features:
* an engaging read-aloud with sound effects
* a read-along opportunity guided by prompts
* a segment focusing on fascinating facts

Oink! Oink! Pigs...be...more
Published March 24th 2009 by Candlewick Press (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about All Pigs Are Beautiful with Audio, Peggable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Pigs Are Beautiful with Audio, Peggable

midnightfaerie
I really loved this book, but it was a little long for the attention span for my children. I thought it had a lot of good and interesting information by my preschoolers and 5 yr old don't care much for pigs so each page looked somewhat the same to them. You can only say "Oh look! Piggies!" so much and expect the kids to still be interested. But I still really enjoyed it myself and found it interesting, so I plan on bringing this back to the table in the future when they're all a little older.
Julia Wickenden
All Pigs are Beautiful is a very sweet book. The author's love of pigs comes across in an endearing way. It is a very accessible non-fiction book, presented almost as fiction. The illustrations are wonderful.

There is no particular storyline, as the book is really a non-fiction book. All Pigs are Beautiful introduces you to many different types of pig and new vocabulary. It is a biased view of pigs, due to the author's fondness for the animals. It is not entirely factual, therefore; the facts are...more
Anna

How to present facts about animals in an engaging and entertaining way? Undoubtedly, Dick King - Smith knows how to do it and his book “All Pigs are Beautiful” can be a perfect example. It introduces us to various breeds of pigs and presents their habits in an appealing way. This book contains pure facts about pigs distinguished from the main story by the use of different font and it also presents some funny statements about what pigs may be saying.

“All Pigs are Beautiful” may be used as a guid...more
Charlene Sterling
This is an exceptional book about Pigs. The story is informative and rich vocabulary and fantastic illustrations. The story is without poetry, rhyme or repetition other than the word pig. However, there are great additional informational texts under the illustrations that can support a child’s understanding of pigs, and nature. This story could be used in a cross-curricular way in the class room in science for helping children to develop knowledge and understanding of animals.

At the end of the b...more
Whitney Bailey
Think of a mnemonic to help you remember how to spell 'beautiful'.

Some people might think of pigs as 'monstrous and frightening'. Can you think of words that mean the same as or the opposite of this? -- synonyms and antonyms.

Make a shape poem about a pig, in the shape of a pig (see Resources below).

Think of some thought / speech bubbles for the pigs in the illustrations.
Kaye
636.4 KING-SMITH
A nonfiction book written in a picture book style. The picture book story line has is beautifully detailed drawings. On the same page with the story, their is another picture with handwritten words that tell a tidbit about pig life. Great for young readers.
Emma
Llewellyn likes this at 22 months simply for the pigs. 'Pig' he says. 'Piiiiiig'. How many stars is that, friends?
Robert
This is a cute little book. It provides good information about pigs in a friendly and humorous manner. Illustrators have captions to help guide the reader. The author discusses pigs from his personal ownership.

Good stuff here. And yes, pigs are beautiful.
Rebecca
I learned that pigs cover themselves in mud as a form of sunscreen...to protect against sunburn. I didn't know that. I also learned that piglets always nurse from the same mother's teat, they claim it at birth. Didn't know that before either.

Kelly
I love pigs, so of course I loved this picture book! Sometimes it seems like there's too much text for younger kids, but the illustrations are almost unbearably cute so I think that makes up for too much text on some pages.
Pete
I gave this book a star because I felt I had to at least give one. I mean, who compares people to pigs, with pigs coming out on top. I must say this book provided a great opportunity for us to discuss what really matters.
Amanda Andrews
This was a pretty neat book. It's the perspective of a girl who loves pigs and tells you many reasons why. It also has informational facts about pigs along the way.
CFAITC
This book explains everything you've always wanted to know about pigs, proving whether they're big, little, gentle or stubborn, all pigs are beautiful.
Sara
A children's nonfiction picture book about pigs - it's perfect! Very pretty illustrations.
Sammy
Pigs are beautiful. Loved this book.
Mary
Very informative and beautiful book.
Taylor
Taylor added it
Jul 29, 2014
Emma
Emma added it
Jul 20, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
₵oincidental   Ðandy
₵oincidental Ðandy marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Annare
Annare marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dick King-Smith was born and raised in Gloucestershire, England, surrounded by pet animals. After twenty years as a farmer, he turned to teaching and then to writing children's books.

Dick writes mostly about animals: farmyard fantasy, as he likes to call it, often about pigs, his special favorites. He enjoys writing for children, meeting the children who read his books, and knowing that they get...more
More about Dick King-Smith...
Babe: The Gallant Pig The Water Horse A Mouse Called Wolf Martin's Mice The Hodgeheg