Start by marking “English Lord, Ordinary Lady: By Royal Appointment” as Want to Read:
English Lord, Ordinary Lady: By Royal Appointment

English Lord, Ordinary Lady: By Royal Appointment (By Royal Appointment)

2.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
His unconventional bride! Will Radcliff is the perfect English lord. He's handsome and honorable, but a stickler for convention. And he's just inherited Elmhurst Hall.... Rebelling from her stuffy, controlled upbringing, Josie has never followed the rules. She's a waitress at the stately home, and is like a breath of fresh air. But her new boss, Lord Will, thinks she's not ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 251 pages
Published February 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about English Lord, Ordinary Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about English Lord, Ordinary Lady

Trin
Jan 21, 2010 Trin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, english-lit
I read this book because I was looking for a nice culture clash romantic comedy. The title, however, is deceptive: the "ordinary lady" is not, in fact, a commoner who shacks up with the titular Lord, but rather a wealthy Lady herself—simply one who’s run away from home and is working at the cafe on the Lord’s estate. So I guess the title’s true in fact if not in spirit. But the resulting book is utterly boring to me, and frankly, I can’t believe that romance readers or Harlequin or whatever else ...more
Annie
Jul 20, 2015 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly funny

No ordinary Lady but a rebellious one. He is a newly minted Lord wanting respect, she a Lady not wanting the title. Enter a special fairy princess or a daughter from the h rebellious phase and instant hilarity. The daughter acts make re of a Lady than the mother but is very special. Great, fun read that had me laughing out loud.
Bungluna
Jul 08, 2014 Bungluna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category
Rebel without a cause heroine and anachronistic class clash plot. And what's with these titles?
Robert
Feb 10, 2010 Robert rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Susan
This is a delightful story and such a fun read from author, Fiona Harper.

English Lord, Ordinary Lady contains everything that I love about series romance – great characters, laugh-out-loud humour, with a twist of emotional angst.

Another feel-good read that’s a keeper and Fiona Harper joins my list of fave Harlequin Mills & Boon Romance authors.
Jakques
Jun 02, 2013 Jakques rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
sorry

This book ain't happening for me. It's too dull. The male character has potential but the plot made him quite flat. The whole story was uneventful and I think the only conflict in this is the female character dyeing her hair red.

How the hell is that a big deal?

So, no. Not recommending.
Shelley
Mar 27, 2008 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklitromance
Awful title, good writing. Picture Gilmore Girls in England, if Lorelai had hooked up with a less curmudgeonly Luke when Rory was still a little kid. I liked the characters a lot and thought it was a fun little story.
Sheila
Jul 20, 2009 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sheila by: Shelley
A cute, fun read. I don't usually read this line, though, and it's super-short, so I was left wanting many more chapters at the end.
Lynne - The Book Squirrel
Jun 12, 2011 Lynne - The Book Squirrel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Very good book, predictable as romances go but I enjoyed the change from fantasy.
Paulinlong
Silly romance. Trash for when you need to give your brain a rest. Good at its job
Nicole
Jan 24, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: england, modern-books
Really Enjoyed this book.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Modern
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
May 28, 2016
Ari
Ari is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2016
Alina Bu
Alina Bu rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Penny
Penny rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Fernande
Fernande rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
J
J marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Jennifer Riehl
Jennifer Riehl marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Lynne
Lynne rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Jadwa
Jadwa added it
Apr 13, 2016
Kirsteen Coupar
Kirsteen Coupar rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

By Royal Appointment (8 books)
  • Crowned: An Ordinary Girl