Start by marking “The Greenleaf Guide to Famous Men of Rome” as Want to Read:
The Greenleaf Guide to Famous Men of Rome

The Greenleaf Guide to Famous Men of Rome

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Like the other Greenleaf Guides, the The Greenleaf Guide to Famous Men of Rome sets historic study in a Biblical context. How do the various figures match up to God s standards of justice or rig
Published July 1st 1989 by Greenleaf Press

To ask other readers questions about The Greenleaf Guide to Famous Men of Rome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Greenleaf Guide to Famous Men of Rome

Molly Christensen
Great review of a lot of the famous men in Rome. I sure learned a lot and the kids liked it too. :)
Ebookwormy
Another solid installment from the Shearer's featuring biographies of ancient Romans. While I like this approach as a supplement, I'm not sure I could endorse it as a stand alone approach to ancient history.

I continue to notice the limitation of a purely humanities approach to history. The Shearer's background is firmly in these disciplines, and a full understanding of history extends beyond politics and government to the economics and technologies that propel countries into empires and empires
Homeschoolmama
Update: excellent overview for us. My daughter enjoyed reading the stories, more than some of the other books we bought on Ancient Rome. Definitely going to check out more Greenleaf guides!

I'm reading this book, a little at a time, with my daughter, for our study of ancient Rome. I like the format and writing a lot so far. And so does my 12 yr old daughter! I think we'll be buying some more of these Greenleaf guides as we go through the Middle Ages, etc.. next year.
Tracey
Great book as an overview of the Roman Empire. We use the Greenleaf books in our homeschool. We paused at Augustus Caesar to get some more in depth study especially since that time period leads into the life of Christ.
Highly recommended.
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Sarah added it
Feb 04, 2015
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Feb 13, 2014
Lisa Nared
Lisa Nared is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2013
Kelly
Kelly added it
Mar 16, 2012
The Celestial Jukebox The Wonder Book of the Air The Greenleaf Guide to Famous Men of Greece The Greenleaf Guide to Ancient Egypt (Greenleaf Guides) Handwriting by George 28-55: Rules of Civility and Decent Behaviour in Company and Conversation: Rules 28-53 to Draw and Write, Vol. 2