Start by marking “Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)

Hot Six (Stephanie Plum #6)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  95,190 Ratings  ·  1,899 Reviews
Never mind who did the deed with New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum at the end of High Five. Five months later, that night's only a dim, cherished memory, and Stephanie's freezing her butt off on a Trenton bridge trying to keep her friend Carol--caught shoplifting some crotchless panties she was too embarrassed to buy--from committing suicide.
Truth is, I didn't for a
Audio Cassette, Abridged
Published March 28th 2002 by Media Books Audio Publishing (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Hot Six, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Six

K.R. Patterson
Mar 31, 2009 K.R. Patterson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Morelli... I just needed to express that. I was only going to give this book four stars until that decision was swayed in the end by said individual. And I'll add that I really don't think I would mind it much if a muscular Italian Jersey cop called me "cupcake"...
Choko
May 13, 2016 Choko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, humor
*** 4.25 ***

A buddy read with my friends at BB&B!!! Let's go hunt some bond skips!!!

I do not know how does this author keep on making me laugh??? I mean, this is book 6! I should be tired of the same old, same old, right? How long can one very inapt, clueless, and fully unprofessional bounty hunter, with propensity for finding dead bodies, keep bringing the funny and rev up the likability factor ever higher, from one book to the next??? And Stephanie Plum does all that and more, reeling us
Jilly
May 07, 2016 Jilly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, cool-dog-bro
This was shaping up to be an eight-doughnut day.

Seriously? I want Stephanie's metabolism! Where do I sign up for this? If I had an eight-doughnut day, I would have the get the word "Goodyear" tattooed across my ginormous body.

Also the only way to get me to sporting events.

So, another day, another dollar. If Stephanie can bring in a crazy lunatic that keeps trying to set her on fire. And, if she can lose the newest guys who are following her around town. Plus, she has to hope that her new dog,
Janet Evanovich has done it again, she made me snort coffee out of my nose and she left me with stomach ache from laughing so hard. This is without a doubt one of my favourite comedic series and I'm enjoying it just as much on a reread.

Stephanie is one of the most completely clueless bounty hunters you'll ever come across, you'd think she might be getting the hang of things by now but really she just blunders along in her own little world seemingly catching the bad guys by accident. I know she's
Tammy
Jul 24, 2008 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes to be entertained and has a wild imagination
Recommended to Tammy by: neighbor
Mooner, Ranger, homicidal maniacs, a Rollswagon, dog poo, a dead guy in a lawn chair, the nemesis from hell, a Star Trek party and eccentric Grandma Mazur all make up my favorite Stephanie Plum novel so far! Lots of laugh-out-loud moments and great secondary characters.
Punk
Jun 21, 2007 Punk rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mystery. Stephanie Plum! Being tailed. Again! Car on fire. Again! Has an unwelcome houseguest. Again! I was warned these books get predictable, but I...didn't think it'd be this bad? Okay, okay, I'm shaking it off.

This here's the book where Ranger's wanted for questioning in connection to a fire and also a murder and has Stephanie doing stakeouts for him. During the course of the investigation, she picks up a dog and a roommate, and then a couple more roommates. Ranger's pretty frisky here. Mor
Jocelyn Jazmen
Mar 08, 2015 Jocelyn Jazmen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually, my rating is more like 3.5 stars

This is my first Janet Evanovich book (although sixth in the series,which I didn't realize) so I can't compare to the ones that went before. It's got a peppy pace and is often hilarious with memorable one-liners. She should be a stand-up comedienne! Rare to find a book so humorous and witty.

The characters, the Mooner and Dougie the Dealer, are like totally cool, dude (and dudettes). Perfect caricatures!

The only thing that bogged me down is that it seems
Bark's Book Nonsense
After reading the paperbacks in order, I've recently begun reading these books in their unabridged audiobook form in reverse order. I started with #8 (Hard Eight), recently finished up #7 (Seven Up) and the latest listen has been Hot Six. Reading these backwards has been an eye-opening experience and I'm now able to pinpoint exactly where things began to become repetitive for me as a reader (the very beginning of book #7, for those interested).

Hot Six has all of the wit and the fun its two follo
Tilly Slaton

Janet Evanovich and her Stephanie Plum series is brilliant. Totally hilarious and worth its weight in gold.

Stephanie Plum, a bounty hunter with attitude and an interesting fashion sense runs around with her sidekick Lula in attempt to catch and haul in criminals that have missed their court date.

Working for Vinnie, is interesting to say the least. Vinnie is anything but vanilla. His lifestyle and preference in partners although highly abnormal by society’s standards, I find intriguing and laugh
Christa
Jul 29, 2008 Christa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Stephanie Plum is back in Hot Six with all of the humor and bad luck her readers have come to expect. This book is action-packed and filled with eccentric characters, some returning and some new to the series. I thoroughly enjoyed the previous five books in this series, but this one may be my favorite so far.

Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter not so extraordinaire, is told by her cousin and boss, Vinnie, that he has a bond jumper for her to locate. When Stephanie finds that it is former Special Force
AudioBookFans
Originally posted at our website! http://www.audiobookfans.com

My Review: Hot Six is another great audiobook by Janet Evanovich. Stephanie Plum is one hell of a bounty hunter… well, sometimes. She’s hilarious and constantly surrounded by drama. This time it’s different though, she’s expected to bring in her friend and fellow bounty hunter, Ranger. Yup, same Ranger that has given her hot flashes in the past.

Stephanie ends up with a spastic dog, Bob, that’s scared to be alone and an eating disorder
Tina
Feb 09, 2012 Tina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think I'm going to give up on the series after reading the first 6 books. I like the fast paced story line and I understand it's not the type of book to have much character development, and I really don't mind that but what I mostly can't stand are love triangles that do not get resolved within a book or so, and I am afraid this series looks like it's going to be one loooooong lasting love triangle (judging by the summary of book 18 that just came out). Another thing I can't stand is that Step ...more
Heather
Feb 15, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, mystery
I had to set this book aside at first, as I had slightly o.d. on Stephanie Plum. I no longer found her antics humorous, I simply found them stupid. As these books have become a favorite guilty pleasure, I couldn't have them ruined. After a two week hiatous, I found my eyes wandering over to the coffee table, where "Hot Six" rested upon the top of my TBR pile, mocking me, wispering about Ranger in the wind, Morelli in heat, so on and so forth. Needless to say, I caved and read it in one setting. ...more
Tara
Another Stephanie PLum book, another day. In this book we get the answer to that little cliff hanger from the last book almost immediately (thank goodness)! But I'm still feeling a little bit of the ick factor as far and Stephanie's involvement with Joe and Ranger. Although I have a preference, I could live with either. I could live with both at the same time (yum) or I could live with her seeing them both, but I can't live with her being jealous over Joe and fooling around with Ranger.

The myste
OhWell
May 13, 2016 OhWell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The funniest Stephanie Plum book so far. Just to mention the new characters: Mooner and Dougie, Mitchell and Habib, Alexander Ramos (I actually liked the guy!), and, last but not least, Bob the dog. My favourite scene was the one where Mitchell and Habib get Bob in the car!

What I'm kind of iffy about is the love triangle. Stephanie is Morelli's girlfriend, but she's tempted to cheat with Ranger. That's a no-no for me. If it actually happens I think I'll drop the series…
Dale
Aug 13, 2013 Dale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've liked every single one of the books in this series, but this one was the best so far. There were a couple good new characters but the best on might be Bob the dog. There is no less than three instances where i actually laughed out loud reading some of the parts in this book involving Bob. A friend asks Stephanie to watch his dog, but before it's too late she realizes he is leaving him for good. So Stephanie with the help of her friends watch this crotch sniffing canine. The plot of the stor ...more
Choko
They go much faster the second time around. Fun books and I love grandma and Ranger!!!
J.W. Thompson
Jan 01, 2010 J.W. Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her grandmother is one of my favorite charaters
Gabriella ♡
Mar 05, 2016 Gabriella ♡ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Sai una cosa? Quando sei un poliziotto arrivi a un punto in cui credi di aver sentito e visto tutto" disse Morelli alla fine. "Pensi che niente possa più sorprenderti. E poi arrivi tu e le cose cambiano completamente."

Eggià Morelli, sono proprio d'accordo con te.
E comunque, sappilo, Stephanie è il meno peggio. In realtà tutti quelli che la circondano sono PAZZI, fuori come balconi! Povera sua madre, che ha fatto di male? Perché sempre a lei? Perché mai si ritrova una figlia così e una madre che
Deanna
Feb 03, 2009 Deanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Deanna by: Jennifer Bennett Trefz
Stephanie Plum has grown up with half the cops and crooks in Trenton, which compensates for her poor aim with a gun, bad luck with cars and soft-hearted approach to her job (one bail jumper evades her four times). The police are after her mentor, the mysterious Ranger, wanted for killing drug and gun dealer Homer Ramos. Claiming he's innocent, Ranger persuades Steph to help him keep an eye on the Ramos clan. Steph teams up with her lover, vice cop Joe Morelli, then strikes out on her own when sh ...more
pinknantucket
I went off Janet Evanovich and her sassy bounty-hunter heroine Stephanie Plum for a while, because I thought I detected the emergence of the dreaded LOVE TRIANGLE erupting between Stephanie and the two eligible bachelors around town, Joe Morelli (cop) and Ranger (fellow bounty hunter and general entrepreneur), at the end of “High Five”. And I really hate love triangles, I mean I REALLY hate them. They go on forever, they can’t possible have a happy ending, there’s way too much useless inner turm ...more
Deanna Rittinger
I'm working my way through the series, finished this one last Friday and I'm already half way through the next one, Seven Up. This one had me laughing so much I ended up telling my kids about 60 percent of the story because they'd hear me laugh and want to know what was so funny. So I'd have to explain the main character, a tiny bit of the back story and then what was making me giggle in the scene. Most of the time they laughed too. (Always better when they do that than when they give you frozen ...more
Tammy Doherty
Mar 19, 2011 Tammy Doherty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first Stephanie Plum novel I read. You can start in the middle of the series, but it's so much more fun beginning with #1.

Stephanie Plum is perhaps the most inept bounty hunter ever, but she manages to capture most of the FTA's assigned to her. Probably because she's got the help of Ranger, the sexiest, most successful bounty hunter ever. When things go wrong, and they always do, she can count on her sometimes boyfriend, Joe Morelli, to keep her out of jail.

With each successive no
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Book six and I still suck at speaking jersey.

Stephanie still hasn't learned to lock her car doors..

A Rollswagan seems to be a big deal this book. Not knowing what that is, I google image searched it. Found this:

[image error]

And then the car, or I think this is what she is driving

Is sex with animals really this popular in Jersey? Is this an unknown to me stereotype? Or just a really poor ongoing joke? Every book so far talks about sex with a duck, dogs, or a goat or some random animal and it's
Stefania
Nov 01, 2015 Stefania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Janet Evanovich sta prendendo la brutta abitudine di far si che, una volta concluso il libro, io mi chieda "ma come! devo andare assolutamente in biblioteca ad ordinare il prossimo volume!"

Questa volta Steph è alle prese con due scagnozzi sfigati che la vogliono tagliare a pezzi, Ranger sospettato di omicidio, una famiglia di mafiosi alla ricerca dei propri soldi perduti e lei, la mitica e unica Nonna Mazur alla ricerca di una patente e di un fidanzato!

Inutile ripetere che il mio personaggio pre
Trudy
Jun 08, 2008 Trudy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cars exploding, strange people breaking into her apartment, and she's being followed by two goons in a minivan... just another day in the life of Stephanie Plum... Jersey Girl/Bounty Hunter...

Great books - laugh out loud funny... very entertaining!!!

In this book, her other love interest, Ranger, is accused of murdering a mob boss'ss son and Vinnie wants Steph to bring Ranger in. As if!

Meanwhile she talks a skip off a bridge with the arguement that jumping was a bad way to go because it would ru
Winter Sophia Rose
Fast-Paced, Funny & Engaging! A Fun Read! I Loved It!
Morgan
May 03, 2016 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Janet Evanovich, you are killing me with these endings!! I'm at the point where I don't know who to root for....well that's a lie. I would have Steph and Morelli get married yesterday if I had a choice. But Ranger is pretty fabulous himself. :D My thoughts on Hot Six:

1. Swoon everytime Morelli kisses the inside of Steph's hand. Just SWOON.
2. Bob is the MVP this book. And I'm not even a dog person.
3. The only person worse than Terri Gilman is Joyce Barnhardt. No question.
4. Lula is my spirit anim
LJ
Hot Six - G
Evanovich, Janet - 6th in series

Sexual temptation, homicidal maniacs, car crashes and doughnut addiction are all in a day's work for Stephanie Plum. Now there's another male in her life. He's big, he's orange, and he howls when he's left alone. But nothing could prepare her for the disaster she faces when Grandma Mazur moves in.

The series continues to be fun.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
This was just too much fun. Grandma Masur, the dog and Lula are just too funny to pass up even though Ranger was the target this time.
Stephanie Plum and her relationship with Morelli and Ranger. 23 318 Jan 10, 2016 04:05PM
Challenge: 50 Books: Sheila G 2014 52 38 Dec 27, 2014 02:08PM
Who do you see... 2 33 May 10, 2014 12:16PM
The Women's Myste...: #6 Hot Six 1 5 Aug 09, 2013 10:51PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Hot Six 1 4 Mar 30, 2012 08:15PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Hot Six 1 3 Jan 21, 2012 08:12AM
  • Foul Play
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • H is for Homicide (Kinsey Millhone, #8)
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • Killer in High Heels (High Heels, #2)
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #2)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
  • Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)

“If she wasn't your grandmother I'd shoot her."
Ranger”
79 likes
“Mooner was walking around laying his hands on the cars, divining karma. "this is it", he said, standing by a small khaki-colored jeep."this car has protective qualities"
You mean like a guardian angel?"
I mean, like, it has seatbelts”
62 likes