Start by marking “Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons, #1)

Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons #1)

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  487 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
For centuries, there have been legends of Vampires—the fault of one careless dragon. But humans only know part of the story. Walking amongst us are Dragons—Shape-shifters who feed on blood.

Reluctant Dragon Elder Janos Aventech’s vacation in New York is about to come to an abrupt end. Riding on the subway, he stumbles across a Dragon mate—one of the few human women with who
Published August 2009 by Resplendence Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Blood

Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenThe Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken
Best Dragon Shapeshifter Romance Novels
103rd out of 208 books — 428 voters
Lone Wolf Rising by Jami BrumfieldCade by Mason SabreThe Rising by C.M. MeridianMoon Called by Patricia BriggsWanted by K.A.  Jones
Shape shifters and werewolves
165th out of 169 books — 110 voters

More lists with this book...

Valerie Twombly
Aug 16, 2013 Valerie Twombly rated it really liked it
Loved this! Hard to find a good dragon story or any dragon story. Full of hot men, steamy sex and a feisty heroin. Will be moving on to the next book.
ARe Cafe
Apr 10, 2013 ARe Cafe rated it really liked it
Shelves: bbb-picks
Scarlett has been in hiding since the brutal attack that ended in the death of her fiancé, cousin, and two bodyguards seven years ago. She thinks she is safe until she sees one of the men who attacked her on the train. A stranger saves her, claiming that her life is in danger because she has Dragon blood running through her veins. She’s stuck in the middle of a war fought between Dragons, Djinnis, and Elves, and she has no hope of surviving without the stranger’s help.

Janos’ clan has been hit ha
Greentea
Jun 02, 2014 Greentea rated it did not like it
Shelves: regret-bookshelf
This is my first read involving dragon shape shifters and it's awful. The plot moved unjustifiable and characters acted like robots. There were no personalities at all. Scarlet was gullible. She goes with the the 'flow' of events. Janos was confusing since he first stated that Scarlet was not his mate yet he called her "Mine" after just a council meeting. After a meeting, you decided to have babies with her?!

And the most irritating about this novel were plot holes. In my opinion, writing a short
Bellagbear
Mar 21, 2014 Bellagbear rated it did not like it
Omg this book was silly. The actions followed each other illogically and this book definetly does not pass the bechdel test of feminism.
But since it is a romance novel I can forgive all those things. That is apparently appealing to people. (even a bit to me, otherwise I would not read the bad books I have to admit :P)

But what I can not forgive Brynn Paulin is her totally unimaginative writing style. it is plain boring to read. The dialogue between the two lovers, who only know each other for 2 d
Debbie
May 03, 2014 Debbie rated it really liked it
This was my first with this author. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I have to say the concept of dragon, elves and djinn being at war is new to me. Theres usually a truce in place. That elves and djinn team up to eliminate dragon mates, in an attempt to wipe out the dragon race was refreshing to read. Story wise I mean.
Scarlet is a pop star. She has been in hiding for 7 years.
Janos is a dragon. He is also an elder.
Scarlet is his mate. Janos must protect her till he can impregnate her. Once that is ac
Missyb
Jun 29, 2015 Missyb rated it liked it
About Scarlett & Janos. So much potential, but too short to really develop. I liked the characters but it needs more story, instead of so much based on the sex.

2 - 3 stars
CI
Mar 01, 2014 CI rated it liked it
Readable, and not horrible while doing so, but I can't really say much more about this. The fact is there is more background in the blurb on Goodreads than you get in the actual book. Reading the story it is difficult to pick up on any details that would add depth to a world with dragon shapeshifters who drink blood. All of the specialities about dragons, such as their mating tattoo's, briefly appear but with no background or explanation as to their meaning. Maybe I wanted a bit more of the 'why ...more
Zuzana
Oct 25, 2015 Zuzana rated it it was ok
A weird dragon-vampire mash up sprinkled with bouts of meaningless sex. 1.5 stars
Steph
Dragon's Blood introduces us to Molly, who's really Scarlett Mills. "... Scarlett stood out in a crowd and that was something she'd worked hard not to do for the last seven years." Scarlett was attacked and left for dead seven years ago. During the attack, her fiance, cousin and two bodyguards were killed. Since then, she's be on the run. When she spots the face of one of the attackers on the subway, she's terrified.

Dragon Elder, Janos Aventech, is in NYC on holiday and spots Scarlett on the su
Malinda
3.3.5 stars

This was an enjoyable story. I liked Janos and Scarlett was an interesting character. This was an insta-love situation but with the dragon mating bond it works for the story.

Scarlett was a child prodigy in music and became one of the worlds biggest teen idols. She had a wonderful life until right before her 22nd birthday when an attack killed her fiancee and friends and left her almost dead. After surviving the attack, Scarlett went in to hiding and has stayed out of sight for 7 years
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Ms. Paulin is a hit or miss with me. This one was a miss. It wasn't bad, it just didn't do it for me. Scarlet is a character who I want to hit upside the head. I'm surprised she's not dead and I'm a bit disappointed. Janos is an okay guy. I didn't find him attractive. The only things cool about him are his wings and he's a dragon.

I love dragons. Dragon shifters trip my trigger. For me to rate a dragon story just okay, it takes a bit since I have a soft spot for any dragon story. This story was j
Stephanie Duncan
Apr 13, 2016 Stephanie Duncan rated it did not like it
i dont even know where to start.
this book is written so badly i could not get past page 20. the hero is a love sick fool and the woman is an idiot.

not two days after she is kidnapped and killed nearly 3 times AND finds out that dragons and other creatures she didn't know existed she tells the person who kidnapped her "just make me pregnant already" this book is seriously badly written.
Kayla-Lyn
Jul 20, 2014 Kayla-Lyn rated it it was ok
The story was hardly amazing but at least the sex and the dragon-vampire biting was hot.
Anna
Jan 26, 2014 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very enjoyable, well written, well paced book with some unexpected twists and turns. I loved the heat between Janos and Scarlett and I am looking forward to reading more of this world.
Willow Brook
Apr 25, 2010 Willow Brook rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars. Quite short, Dragon's Blood is an underdeveloped story of shape shifting dragons at war with elves and djinni, though no reason for the hostilities is given. The dragons can only mate with human women who have dragon blood (somehow). The heroine has on TSTL moment that made me stop caring about her and is probably why I can't think of her name. Hero is standard stunning alpha kind. Dragon's Blood felt unfinished or like a rough draft. It's the first in a series that hopefully will c ...more
Sasha
May 07, 2011 Sasha rated it liked it
I wasn't impressed by the sample. But bought it anyway because it seemed to have a little potential. All in all (and the fact that I was able to totally avoid reading the scene with anal...yay 4 me!) it wasn't a terrible book. Not too boring, although the sex got puzzlingly dull - not because BP wasn't trying to hit all the high notes, but because there was just so much of it. A good romance makes you wait, gives you character-driven plot and substantive interactions with secondary characters.

Bu
Robin Norris
Aug 27, 2012 Robin Norris rated it liked it
The premise is great...a twist to the normal shape shifter romance, adding dragons, elves and djinni to the mix. However, while I really enjoyed the story the erotica did overwhelm the storyline. My other complaint is that it was too short. I wish she had developed the story a bit more. I was drawn in enough to buy the next book in the series. All in all a nice afternoon read.
Kelsey
Mar 11, 2011 Kelsey rated it it was amazing
This book was a great relief from the typical vampire demon series. This book gave an interesting mid-evil feel to it with the dragon and be elf's. The romance was typical though the fate and destiny aspect of the romance gave it an interesting spark. Overall, a very good book with an interesting suspense in the end that really made he closing of he book satisfactory.
Emily
Feb 25, 2010 Emily rated it liked it
Pretty good start for a series. I found this one difficult to put down.
I think the author needs to start developing a conflict within the actual world of dragons, but that can easily be accomplished.
Carmen
Sep 29, 2013 Carmen rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, paranormal
First time reading this author. Like the flow of the book. Can't wait to start on book two. Hoping to read all her series. I love discorvering new authors.

And I love books with dragons they are my fave.
Summer
Nov 07, 2011 Summer rated it really liked it
These dragons are different from other dragon shifters I have read about. I really liked the different spin on things though and am looking forward to the other books in this series.
~Kate~
Apr 23, 2011 ~Kate~ rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, adult
i thought i was going to give this a four star rating but i found with it being short a lot was left out to understand what was going on.
C.J.
Aug 19, 2013 C.J. rated it it was ok
Ok story but couldn't picture the transformations well. Also, not much chemistry between Scarlett and Janos until the end.
Amy
Dec 18, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
Another quick read. Enjoyable story. Short. I can kind of predict what will happen with the next books in the series.
Tracey
Okay for a short story; unfortunately the sex scenes overtake the storyline most of the time.
KindleJo Jo
Dec 02, 2012 KindleJo Jo rated it it was ok
I know I read this a long time ago, but I had to read descriptions to even remember it.
Jasmine
Jul 24, 2013 Jasmine rated it liked it
very short. emotional. hot.
Nikita Isaac
Jul 22, 2013 Nikita Isaac rated it it was amazing
loved it!
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Hayley Manuel
Hayley Manuel marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • Jager's Mate (Roxie's Protectors, #2)
  • The Dragon Stirs (Energen, #1)
  • The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights, #3)
  • The Dragons' Demon: A Dragon's Dream (Ethereal Foes, #1)
  • Primal Hunger (Pendragon Gargoyles, #1)
  • Lycan It (Lycan, #3)
  • Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2)
  • Ty the Sexy Dragon (Fire Mate, #1)
  • Dark Embers (Dragon's Heat, #1)
  • Dragon Heat (Dragon, #1)
  • Dragon Lust
  • Subtle Magic (Subtle Lovers, #1)
  • Blood Bonds (City of Dragons, #1)
When it comes to books and movies, bestselling author, Brynn Paullin has one rule: there must be a happy ending. After that requirement, anything goes. And it just might in any of her stories.

Brynn has been publishing books for you since 2007 and now has over 50 titles available in several genres. She lives in Michigan with her husband, two children and two hyperactive dogs. Whenever possible, she
More about Brynn Paulin...

Cruentus Dragons (3 books)
  • Blood Bought (Cruentus Dragons, #2)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Cruentus Dragons, #3)