Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons, #1)

Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons #1)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  340 ratings  ·  26 reviews
For centuries, there have been legends of Vampires—the fault of one careless dragon. But humans only know part of the story. Walking amongst us are Dragons—Shape-shifters who feed on blood.

Reluctant Dragon Elder Janos Aventech’s vacation in New York is about to come to an abrupt end. Riding on the subway, he stumbles across a Dragon mate—one of the few human women with who...more
Published August 2009 by Resplendence Publishing LLC (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Blood

Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenThe Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken
Best Dragon Shapeshifter Romance Novels
127th out of 173 books — 317 voters
Lone Wolf Rising by Jami BrumfieldWolves at the Door by Veronica BladeRiley's Redemption by Christina  SmithMy Wolf's Bane by Veronica BladeRiley's Torment by Christina  Smith
Shape shifters and werewolves
125th out of 130 books — 49 voters

More lists with this book...

Valerie Twombly
Loved this! Hard to find a good dragon story or any dragon story. Full of hot men, steamy sex and a feisty heroin. Will be moving on to the next book.
ARe Cafe
Scarlett has been in hiding since the brutal attack that ended in the death of her fiancé, cousin, and two bodyguards seven years ago. She thinks she is safe until she sees one of the men who attacked her on the train. A stranger saves her, claiming that her life is in danger because she has Dragon blood running through her veins. She’s stuck in the middle of a war fought between Dragons, Djinnis, and Elves, and she has no hope of surviving without the stranger’s help.

Janos’ clan has been hit ha...more
Greentea
This is my first read involving dragon shape shifters and it's awful. The plot moved unjustifiable and characters acted like robots. There were no personalities at all. Scarlet was gullible. She goes with the the 'flow' of events. Janos was confusing since he first stated that Scarlet was not his mate yet he called her "Mine" after just a council meeting. After a meeting, you decided to have babies with her?!

And the most irritating about this novel were plot holes. In my opinion, writing a short...more
Bellagbear
Omg this book was silly. The actions followed each other illogically and this book definetly does not pass the bechdel test of feminism.
But since it is a romance novel I can forgive all those things. That is apparently appealing to people. (even a bit to me, otherwise I would not read the bad books I have to admit :P)

But what I can not forgive Brynn Paulin is her totally unimaginative writing style. it is plain boring to read. The dialogue between the two lovers, who only know each other for 2 d...more
Debbie
This was my first with this author. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I have to say the concept of dragon, elves and djinn being at war is new to me. Theres usually a truce in place. That elves and djinn team up to eliminate dragon mates, in an attempt to wipe out the dragon race was refreshing to read. Story wise I mean.
Scarlet is a pop star. She has been in hiding for 7 years.
Janos is a dragon. He is also an elder.
Scarlet is his mate. Janos must protect her till he can impregnate her. Once that is ac...more
Carrissaibbott
Readable, and not horrible while doing so, but I can't really say much more about this. The fact is there is more background in the blurb on Goodreads than you get in the actual book. Reading the story it is difficult to pick up on any details that would add depth to a world with dragon shapeshifters who drink blood. All of the specialities about dragons, such as their mating tattoo's, briefly appear but with no background or explanation as to their meaning. Maybe I wanted a bit more of the 'why...more
Steph
Dragon's Blood introduces us to Molly, who's really Scarlett Mills. "... Scarlett stood out in a crowd and that was something she'd worked hard not to do for the last seven years." Scarlett was attacked and left for dead seven years ago. During the attack, her fiance, cousin and two bodyguards were killed. Since then, she's be on the run. When she spots the face of one of the attackers on the subway, she's terrified.

Dragon Elder, Janos Aventech, is in NYC on holiday and spots Scarlett on the su...more
Malinda
3.3.5 stars

This was an enjoyable story. I liked Janos and Scarlett was an interesting character. This was an insta-love situation but with the dragon mating bond it works for the story.

Scarlett was a child prodigy in music and became one of the worlds biggest teen idols. She had a wonderful life until right before her 22nd birthday when an attack killed her fiancee and friends and left her almost dead. After surviving the attack, Scarlett went in to hiding and has stayed out of sight for 7 years...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Ms. Paulin is a hit or miss with me. This one was a miss. It wasn't bad, it just didn't do it for me. Scarlet is a character who I want to hit upside the head. I'm surprised she's not dead and I'm a bit disappointed. Janos is an okay guy. I didn't find him attractive. The only things cool about him are his wings and he's a dragon.

I love dragons. Dragon shifters trip my trigger. For me to rate a dragon story just okay, it takes a bit since I have a soft spot for any dragon story. This story was j...more
Kayla-Lyn
The story was hardly amazing but at least the sex and the dragon-vampire biting was hot.
Anna
This is a very enjoyable, well written, well paced book with some unexpected twists and turns. I loved the heat between Janos and Scarlett and I am looking forward to reading more of this world.
Willow Brook
2 1/2 stars. Quite short, Dragon's Blood is an underdeveloped story of shape shifting dragons at war with elves and djinni, though no reason for the hostilities is given. The dragons can only mate with human women who have dragon blood (somehow). The heroine has on TSTL moment that made me stop caring about her and is probably why I can't think of her name. Hero is standard stunning alpha kind. Dragon's Blood felt unfinished or like a rough draft. It's the first in a series that hopefully will c...more
Sasha
I wasn't impressed by the sample. But bought it anyway because it seemed to have a little potential. All in all (and the fact that I was able to totally avoid reading the scene with anal...yay 4 me!) it wasn't a terrible book. Not too boring, although the sex got puzzlingly dull - not because BP wasn't trying to hit all the high notes, but because there was just so much of it. A good romance makes you wait, gives you character-driven plot and substantive interactions with secondary characters.

Bu...more
Robin Norris
The premise is great...a twist to the normal shape shifter romance, adding dragons, elves and djinni to the mix. However, while I really enjoyed the story the erotica did overwhelm the storyline. My other complaint is that it was too short. I wish she had developed the story a bit more. I was drawn in enough to buy the next book in the series. All in all a nice afternoon read.
Kelsey
This book was a great relief from the typical vampire demon series. This book gave an interesting mid-evil feel to it with the dragon and be elf's. The romance was typical though the fate and destiny aspect of the romance gave it an interesting spark. Overall, a very good book with an interesting suspense in the end that really made he closing of he book satisfactory.
Emily
Pretty good start for a series. I found this one difficult to put down.
I think the author needs to start developing a conflict within the actual world of dragons, but that can easily be accomplished.
Carmen
First time reading this author. Like the flow of the book. Can't wait to start on book two. Hoping to read all her series. I love discorvering new authors.

And I love books with dragons they are my fave.
Summer
These dragons are different from other dragon shifters I have read about. I really liked the different spin on things though and am looking forward to the other books in this series.
~Kate~
i thought i was going to give this a four star rating but i found with it being short a lot was left out to understand what was going on.
Caroline
Ok story but couldn't picture the transformations well. Also, not much chemistry between Scarlett and Janos until the end.
Amy
Another quick read. Enjoyable story. Short. I can kind of predict what will happen with the next books in the series.
Tracey
Okay for a short story; unfortunately the sex scenes overtake the storyline most of the time.
KindleJo Jo
I know I read this a long time ago, but I had to read descriptions to even remember it.
Teri
It was a typical shapeshifter romance, but I enjoyed it since I like the genre.
Jasmine
very short. emotional. hot.
donna
donna marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
bunn3hh4x
bunn3hh4x marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Susan Child
Susan Child marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Nicole Wilson
Nicole Wilson marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • Skylar's Devotion (Roxie's Protecters, #4)
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • Vulfen Alpha's Mate (Vulfen Cadre, #1)
  • Primal Hunger (Pendragon Gargoyles, #1)
  • Maiden Flight (Dragon Knights, #1)
  • Pack Rogue (Were Chronicles, #4)
  • The Dragons' Demon (Ethereal Foes, #1)
  • Chasing Paradise (Alpine Woods Shifters, #2)
  • Shadow of the Wolf (Heart's Desire, #1)
  • Mate for Three (Pack Law #3)
  • My Shifter Showmance (Shifting Reality, #1)
When it comes to books and movies, Brynn has one rule: there must be a happy ending. After that one requirement, anything goes. And it just might in her books.

She lives in Michigan with her husband and two children, who love her despite her occasional threats to smite them. They humor her and let her think she's a goddess...as long as she provides homemade chocolate chip cookies on a regular basi...more
More about Brynn Paulin...
Punished (Taboo Wishes, #1) Belonging to Them (Daly Way, #1) Plays Well With Others (Daly Way, #2) Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2) Fill Her Up (Daly Way, #3)