Start by marking “The 30-Minute Cook: The Best of the World's Quick Cooking” as Want to Read:
The 30-Minute Cook: The Best of the World's Quick Cooking

The 30-Minute Cook: The Best of the World's Quick Cooking

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Nigel Slate ? Winner of the 1995 Glenfiddich Trophy and the Cookery Writer of the Year AwardFollowing the tremendous success of his first two books, Nigel Slater has spread his net wider to offer quick and delicious meals from Asia, India and China as well as dishes from Europe.

"An inspired worldwide collection of quick and accessible dishes; robust and honest, they are co...more
Published October 8th 1997 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The 30-Minute Cook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 30-Minute Cook

H
I bought this book whilst living in Sydney in 1999-found it in a bargain box for $9. I had just had a baby and already had a toddler- this book was brilliant. Tasty food using many store cupboard items. Nothing was labour intensive- couldn't cope with that with 2 littlies! Managed to do a few dinner parties using this book. Good food but incredibly simple to make- ticked all the boxes for me.
When I returned to the UK I felt the need to try Nigel's other books. I love his writing style, his wit,...more
Amberjack
This is a great little cook book, great for getting ideas about what to cook, and quickly! Even if you don't end up making any of the recipes in the book, it will give you ideas about flavour combinations, and how to approach quick cooking. There are a couple of recipes that I love, and make over and over again.
Nick Warren
I enjoy Nigel Slaters no-nonsense simplicity. This cookery book is both inspiring and funny, which works for me.
Peter Clarke
one of my go-too books for weekday meals. Particularly like the Vinegar-Mustard chicken (think french bistro) as well as Sausages & lentils (the lentils are cooked with pancetta, onnion and mushrooms). Simple, warm, unpretenious cooking
Dee
I love Nigel Slater's shows and recipes.. they are humble and glamorous both at the same time.. this book is so well written that even a novice can cook comfortably..
Clare
This book offers and outstanding range of flavours, using mainly storecupboard ingredients. I love it.
Jennifer Hamill
Try his Morrocan flash fried chicken, it's lovely. I find his recipes very inspirational.
Cody
Jul 04, 2013 Cody rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
Five stars for the Tomatoes for Lunch recipe alone!
Lloyd
Never fails to deliver
Ipsita
Ipsita is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Nigel Slater is a British food writer, journalist and broadcaster. He has written a column for The Observer Magazine for seventeen years and is the principal writer for the Observer Food Monthly supplement. Prior to this, Slater was food writer for Marie Claire for five years. He also serves as art director for his books.

Although best known for uncomplicated, comfort food recipes presented in earl...more
More about Nigel Slater...
Toast Appetite The Kitchen Diaries: A Year in the Kitchen with Nigel Slater Tender: Volume I: A Cook and His Vegetable Patch Real Fast Food