Start by marking “Ice Man (Blood Slaves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ice Man (Blood Slaves, #1)

Ice Man (Blood Slaves #1)

Ice Man KyAnn Waters Book 1 in the Blood Slaves series.

Feeding and sex go hand in hand when you're a blood slave to a vampire. It's like a drug and Rowan is hooked. With the vampire Theron, Rowan has never wanted for more than his next fix. Until he meets Brett. Brett is hot, the sex is incredible-and he's human.

Brett is looking for kinky sex when he goes to the Catacombs,
Published November 13th 2009 by Elloras Cave (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ice Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Man

Betryal
Mar 25, 2010 Betryal rated it really liked it
4.5 star rating.

Contrary to what I believed this book had no BDSM. I nice switch in the vampire world with blood slaves and I instantly took a liking to Rowan. It's just too damn bad that in order for Rowan to find the love he looked for, hoped for with Brett he had to make an ultimate sacrifice in order to obtain it. But not by his choosing. See what and why. I was intrigued.
Karen K
**4.5**
I loved this story and most especially Rowan with all his want and need and confusion and angst. I never expected to fall for him so hard in the beginning but by the end I was rooting for him to have everything he wanted.

This was a different kind of love story and a different kind of vampire story than I'd read before and I really enjoyed the plot and characters. It was well-written and I think that's why the abundance of sex didn't irritate me like it does in some shorter books - don't
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed reading this take on a vampire society and the romance between Rowan and Brett. I wasn't sure how the author was going to extract Rowan from the situation he found himself in with Theron. I think what happened worked, but I felt Brett accepted things too easily. I would have liked to see a bit more depth to their reconciliation. This story definitely made me want to read to the next book in the series, Iron Man .
percy
Mar 07, 2017 percy rated it did not like it
*smacks head against wall* it's official. a witch has put a Bad Book Curse on me. (he says, after reading like three bad books. i'm getting melodramatic. this is what happens when you listen to copious amounts of morrissey.)

i was looking forward to this one, because vampires!! gay sex!! they're two of my favourite things, there's no way this could go wrong!!

incorrect.

the focus in the book was on rowan, human blood-slave to a vampire, and a guy he falls in love with called brett. except, he can
Furio
Dec 26, 2012 Furio rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a thing I often say but somehow this time it is a particular disappointment.

It is not easy to step into this subgenre, M/M vampire, that has been inflected in every possible way. Yet, without even trying to invent anything new, Ms Waters manages to create a maintain a narrative steam that is not everywhere to be found. The usual vampire/human interaction is interesting and when it comes to sex and love it becomes sizzling.
All this bespeak an uncommon writing talent.

Unfortunately talent m
Mitabird
Jan 08, 2010 Mitabird rated it it was ok

Rowan is a human blood slave to a master vampire named Theron. Theron runs a sex club that caters to all types of fetishes for vamps and humans alike. Rowan is content with his relationship with Theron, but realizes something's missing after meeting a human named Brett at the club.

Brett is recently divorced and is openly gay. He's hidden it for the last twenty years and is just looking for fun. Little did he know that meeting Rowan would throw all his good intentions out the door.

This b
Dre
This one certainly started off with a bang. I love when books start off with sex. At least then I know if the sex is going to be hot or not or if it's going to be fade to black.

I'm usually leery of shorts since they tend to feel rushed and they typically involve insta-love, but I didn't feel either of those things in this one. I felt a real connection between Rowan and Brett, and their chemistry was off the charts. The only thing keeping me from giving this 5 stars was the ending. It didn't fee
Jane
Jul 10, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, fantasy
Just read this and really enjoyed it. Wouldn't mind reading more in this series. It's a fresh take on the vampire/human slave trope and the conflict Rowan feels when he falls in love with a human who doesn't even know vampires exist was well handled.

I loved the bit where Brett's trying to put up a sling in his apartment and realizes he needs building maintenance to help; that was a great dash of realism and humor.
Diane Dannenfeldt
The story was too short and the insta love didn't feel real. To meet someone and almost immediately walk away from the person you were with for sevens years just did sit right with me. I think that whole exchange could have been done better. I laughed when Brett called for maintenance to come install the swing that was funny. I had issues with barebacking without any discussion between Rowan and Brett. You've known each other less than 24 hours and Rowan you decide to throw away your humanity af ...more
Morgan  Skye
Mar 19, 2017 Morgan Skye rated it liked it
I’m going to just say this isn’t what I was expecting, and it didn’t work for me, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a good story.

First, it’s very dark and the relationship Theron and Rowan share is disconcerting at best and affected my enjoyment of the rest of the story.

Second, there’s a TON of sex in this – and that’s great if that’s what you’re in the mood for.

Third, I did like the HFN/HEA that we get at the end – Rowan does finally make some changes that lead to him and Brett having a more “heal
P Leslie
Mar 11, 2017 P Leslie rated it liked it
*I voluntarily read a review copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else's*

This was an intriguing yet enjoyable erotic read.

Ronan is instantly attracted to Brett but being a blood slave to a possessive vampire makes things more complicated. Will Roran find a way to be with Brett?

The chemistry between Brett and Ronan was explosive. They complemented each other really well. At times, the story felt rushed especially, towards the end. This was a short, well
Lelyana
Mar 18, 2017 Lelyana rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, netgalley, arc, 2017

In a vampire world, insta-love is allowed. That's what happened to Brett and the blood slave, Rowan.
Years of being Theron's blood and sex slave didn't make him stay. One look, one night, and he falls for Brett.
Of course Theron was upset and angry and did everything to make his favorite slave stay.
I don't know, I'm kinda feel sorry for Theron here. Because, he cannot say no to Rowan? Or being too weak as a leader?
He let Rowan 'do' Brett one night, but Rowan wanted more.
How a ungrateful slave he
Heather Major
Mar 13, 2017 Heather Major rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author. The book was a good read. Very fast paced and easy to follow. If you are a fan of vampires and gay romance you will probably enjoy this book.

Rowan is a blook slave for a very old and powerful vampire. This arrangement has worked well for Rowan over the years, if it hadn't been for Theron Rowan would have probably died on the streets. Now he has a great job he loves, a nice home and car and a powerful and sexy vampire who craves him blood and bo
Karen Roma
Mar 13, 2017 Karen Roma rated it it was ok
2 1/2 star review.......

I’m a huge fan of Vampire stories, but my first read by KyAnn Waters is average at best; and while the passion between the main couple is definitely explosive, the story as a whole felt lacking.

Maybe the length prevented the author from going more into depth about the characters and their decision making process; food for thought in future books. That said, I will give this series another go and see if the next instalment has more to offer.
poppy
Mar 08, 2017 poppy rated it really liked it
A great story i really liked Rowan and Brett and enjoyed getting to know them.A super book that's well written with super characters cant wait to read more
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/revie...

There is nothing more powerful than the high that comes from feeding a vampire. At least that’s the case for Rowan Huntington, blood slave to Master Vampire Theron. Rowan is content with his life, both feeding and having sex with the sensual Theron and working as a flair bartender at Theron’s club, The Catacombs. But Rowan’s peaceful existence comes crashing down around his ears when he meets Brett Kirsch.

Newl
Renee Rearden
May 28, 2011 Renee Rearden rated it liked it

Everything has a label, even love. Take relationships. There are sexual relationships—lust at first sight, friendship—friends with benefits, and romantic love—fated soul mates.

Rowan, a flair bartender in the exclusive fetish club Catacombs, subscribes to the lust-at-first-sight proposition. Being a blood slave to the vampire Theron definitely falls into that category. The pleasurable high from donating blood and the fantastic sex Rowan has with Theron definitely take lust to a new level.

But for
Sophia
Apr 11, 2012 Sophia rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
I picked up this book on a whim and it was a nice little read.

Rowan grew up in the foster system and then took to the streets. He is taken off the streets by Theron a very old vampire who takes Rowan as his blood slave and a sexual relationship with no emotions involved. There is a fine tension filled line between Rowan resisting being thought Theron's slave and their being able to give something to each other in blood and sex. Rowan has a lot of issues, but finds this relationship meets the nee
Maria
May 01, 2012 Maria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires, gay-erotica
Rowan, who’s always had a pretty good life with Theron, is suddenly thrown by this stranger that comes into his club; Brett, who’s looking for lust, doesn’t expect to fall in love at this same club. Yes, this kind of story has been done to death, but has it ever been done so well? I’ve tried a lot of gay erotica and I was never as affected by it as I was by Ice Man. The sex scenes are graphic without being vulgar – the romance is predictable, without being boring.

I think, like in most erotica s
SaturNalia
Theron is a master vampire and Rowan is his bonded, blood slave. Rowan is unhappy with his sex only relationship, he wants something more. Lucky for him this is a short story. He soon meets Brett at a sex club. Brett is recently divorced and recently out as gay. There is a lot of sweaty, hot sex here so there wasn't a lot of room for character development. Brett and Rowan fall in love quickly, and Rowan wants to end his relationship with Theron. I kept waiting for a threesome, but it never happe ...more
Monika
Jan 29, 2012 Monika rated it really liked it
Shelves: g-vampire
Vampires, romance and a 3 very hot guys, what's not to love. These kind of books are always in my top 5 favorite books to read! Loved Rowan and Brett!!! Even with the book being very short the author was able to make me feel the connection between the two and the relationship that Theron had with Rowan was sad. I need to read his story now.

I am surprised I got so much out of this book because it was a very short read. I don't usually get this type of book for that reason, but something really dr
Rachael
A quick read about a man working in a fetish club owned by a vampire. Rowan owes Theron his life and Theron takes his payment in blood, a very enjoyable act for both of them. After seven years Rowan meets a man who makes him want to break it off with Theron.
Although this takes place in a BDSM club there is no real BDSM action going on. There is a little bondage at the beginning and it is eluded to throughout but we don't experience any of it.
It's an interesting take on vampire feeding and the
Meggie
Mar 17, 2011 Meggie rated it liked it
Shelves: vampire
I'm not fan of vampire stories but this one was enjoyable. The story started interesting and it pulled me in, but the way this story ended didn't really ring well for me. The main male couple, Rowan and Brett, were interesting together, but how the plot developed at the end was rushed and just to fast. The story could have been better if the ending wouldn't be rushed like that. I missed something here.
Beckey
Jan 27, 2015 Beckey rated it really liked it
This is a unique take on a vampire society that sort of reminded me or another but at the time of this review the name is escaping me... Well written, great mix and balance of story line, plot and intimate relations that I found enjoyable and may pick up the remainder of the series... (No Longer Available)
Carolyn88
Aug 30, 2010 Carolyn88 rated it it was amazing
This was so good. I went right to amazon to see it there was another book to continue. I discovered that there were two more books, but to my disappointment they do not continue with these two characters. There do continue with the main club. I purchased the two books and plan to read them right away.
Patty
Jan 16, 2012 Patty rated it really liked it
Okay this book was free over at B&N. It has been sitting on my to be read list for a while. This book is HOT! I was pleasantly surprised. I've just purchased the next two books in the series and am looking forward to reading them as well.
Diane
for a freebie it was ok, but not really my cup of tea. the main characters' motivations were a bit blurry for me. one of the reasons i don't care for shorter stories is that so often characters are not fleshed out as well as i would care to see.
Maura
Mar 01, 2012 Maura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Paranormal vampire series. Set in a feeding club where vampire slaves feed the lead vampire. This story is about a slave that falls in love and must learn to set boundaries with his vampire. A pretty good read.
Shannon
Feb 27, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've gotta go 4 stars because I didn't even know which direction I wanted this book to go concerning who was going to end up together. I should have known what I wanted, right? Interesting read and more in depth than I was expecting.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Diamond in the Shade 1
  • A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1)
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
  • Saved by Love's Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #5)
  • Rapture (Blood Eclipse, #2)
  • A Different Breed
  • Souls Deep
  • My Heart is Within You (Triquetra, #1)
  • Blood Run Cold
  • Vamp Camp (Vamp Camp, #1)
  • Blood and Roses
  • The Lost Books 1 & 2
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1)
  • To Hate and To Hold  (Anaboris Clan, #1)
  • Fool's Errand  (Fool's Odyssey #1)
  • Payback (Channeling Morpheus, #1)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)

Blood Slaves (3 books)
  • Iron Man (Blood Slaves, #2)
  • Dark Man (Blood Slaves, #3)