Start by marking “The Hunters” as Want to Read:
The Hunters

The Hunters

A Henry Parker novella.

After one of the most harrowing weeks of Henry Parker's life, night has finally come. Settled in with Amanda Davies, he sleeps before preparing to chase a story alongside his mentor, Jack O'Donnell. Meanwhile Jack sits on the other side of town, fresh out of rehab, hoping to salvage a once-great career derailed by public humiliation. This is Jack's l
Published November 1st 2009 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Hunters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunters

Clay
Jul 04, 2010 Clay rated it it was ok
This was a short, free ebook, and was my introduction to Jason Pinter and his protagonist, reporter Henry Parker. It wasn't great, but it was short and free. And it was good enough to convince me to buy two of the full books in telhe series. This particular novella connects the two novels, The Fury and The Darkness.

On it's own, this is short novella is a cheap, one night stand. It's a little fun, but you kinda feel dirty afterwards, like "why'd I waste my time on that?" then you remember it was
Mike
Dec 17, 2009 Mike rated it really liked it
This is the fifth installment of the Henry Parker series - a short, free ebook. This book was released the month in between The Fury and The Darkness. I enjoyed it because it gave me the sense that Jason Pinter was talking to the reader for a short period about the series and then it ended with effective suspense for The Darkness.

I am looking forward to see what's ahead for Henry and the other characters as I move toward The Darkness!
MsBDiamondDiva1
Apr 11, 2011 MsBDiamondDiva1 rated it it was ok
This was a short story and to say the least, I would have liked it; but there were some things I couldn’t take. For example, we had a whole chapter about Jack; and for what-he is suppose to be a supporting character. I mean really...How much do we need to know about Jack? I can't say that I will read the rest of the series now, because I can't take the reputation of the characters personalities. There was one good thing about this story and that was the villains, I felt that this aspect of the s ...more
Jonna
May 16, 2012 Jonna rated it liked it
I've never read any Jason Pinter or the "Henry Parker" series before, but after reading this short story, I think I'll add the series to my to-read list. It was easy to fall into the story line and quickly see how the story was building.

This is a very fast pasted crime fiction and it's mainly from the bad guys point of view - which I like because it's not the typical police story (at least this one isn't, I'm not sure about the rest of the series).

It's really fast paced and since it's only 50 pa
Steve
Nov 11, 2010 Steve rated it liked it
The Hunters is quite an interesting book, and seems to have promise as an intriguing suspense novel, but it's way too short. Of course, it's free, so maybe it's considered a marketing investment rather than a real book. It certainly got me interested in Pinter's other works, though I don't have immediate plans to read any of them.

If you like the suspense/thriller genre and want a really quick read, download this book and go for it. It only takes about thirty minutes to read, and it's worth the t
Paula
Oct 26, 2013 Paula rated it liked it
This was a free e-book on kindle and it sounded good so I downloaded it. I haven't read anything of Pinters before so thought I would check him out. It is a very short story and apparently sets up for the next book. The author gives you a list of main characters in his other books and who they are which I found to be very helpful never having read one before. This book leaves you hanging but I am very interested in starting from the beginning of the series and reading a new to me author.
Julian Tan
Sep 07, 2010 Julian Tan rated it it was ok
Short - only 6 chapters long and smack bang in the middle of a plot which I had no context of, having not read the other books. That said , nothing of significance happens in the book - why is this even called a "book" in its own right? It should be part 1 of a 5 part book or something. Only consolation - it was free
Lisa
Feb 05, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok
I downloaded this book to my Kindle because it was free and I was curious. Overall, I liked the characters and it piqued my interest. I think I would have rated this higher if I had not started so far into the series, but had instead started with the first book. As it was, I felt like I didn't have enough information.

I wouldn't give up on this author just yet, though.
KyBunnies
I started this novel knowing it was part of a series and knowing that I had not read any of the others. This novel was very interesting. I will not have to get the rest of the series to understand this novel more. The was a free book at the kindle store. I do not know if there is more to the book but it was excellent reading.
Cindy
Mar 25, 2011 Cindy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I got this for free for Kindle and I never got past 1/2 way, even with as short as it is. I never got hooked on it at all and couldn't even bring myself to finish it - there was not a pull of interest for it at all.
jamie
Jan 09, 2011 jamie rated it liked it
Quick fun read but I didn't want it to end so quickly.
Craig Nuel
Mar 25, 2012 Craig Nuel rated it it was ok
Was hoping this was good series of books to read -- but this short novella did nothing for me...
Brenda
Feb 06, 2016 Brenda rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Oh great, now I have to go back and read the second and each book to this one or the suspense is going to drive me crazy...crazier!
David Highton
Nov 07, 2015 David Highton rated it it was ok
very short bridge between Fury and Darkness - pointless really
Char
Jul 16, 2012 Char rated it liked it
Quick read. Well now gotta read the first book and sequel.
VLynch
May 15, 2010 VLynch rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Good.but did not realize it was a short story
And I had just really gotten into the story when Bam! It's over! It's good but over too quick. Kinda like eating one potato chip!
Selena Lang
Jan 20, 2012 Selena Lang marked it as my-old-kindle-books
This is a short Novella
John
Dec 16, 2009 John rated it it was ok
Short, and designed as an in-betweener. If you haven't read the prequels (I had not) this may not mean much to you (it didn't to me)
Jodi
May 05, 2013 Jodi added it
I really thought I'd enjoy this book and if so I'd buy the others. But found it boring
Susan
Feb 28, 2010 Susan rated it did not like it
free eBook - did not like.
Charles
Charles rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2010
Cordelia
Cordelia rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2010
JUAN GARCIA
JUAN GARCIA rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2014
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Raquel7vegas
Raquel7vegas rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2010
Sky
Sky rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2011
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2009
Jason Pinter is the bestselling author of five novels in his Henry Parker thriller series, which have over one million copies in print worldwide and have been published in over a dozen countries, as well as the Middle Grade adventure novel Zeke Bartholomew: SuperSpy. He has been nominated for the Thriller Award, Strand Critics Award, Barry Award, RT Reviewers Choice Award, Shamus Award and CrimeSp ...more
More about Jason Pinter...