Seduction by the Book

Seduction by the Book (Encounters #5)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  14 reviews
"Bestselling author Stephanie Bond introduces her readers to four Southern women who discover that the mind truly is the sexiest part of the body "

If Lady Chatterley's Lover can do it, so can Cassie Goodwin--seduce the pants right off her sexy ex, that is....
Wallflower Page Sharpe is about to become Venus in Furs for her boss...and he's about to become her love slave
Like...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Harlequin Blaze (first published 2009)

Shelley
Seriously fun premise - book club reads erotic classics and then uses their favorite book for tips on seducing the men of their dreams. I may be mentally editing the author's writing, but I am also enjoying the stories. It's not a bad idea, really - although I may be reading the wrong books. I could break a slate over some guy's head, but first I have to find a slate. I could be at a bookstore buying overpriced books and let Ben Blake come show me how to do it cheaply - but if he didn't show up...more
Andrea Guy
Seduction By The Book is such a hot steamy read that by the time you turn the last page you'll be ready for a cold shower!

This is 4 stories in a story, each focusing on a particular member of the Red Tote Book Club, a group of women who read and discuss some of the best erotic fiction ever written. But the group leader has plans...She poses the idea that each member should pick their favorite erotic novel and then seduce the man of their dreams drawing inspiration from the book of their choosing...more
Xenos
I went to the library to pick up book five of Stephanie Bond's "Body Movers" series, but it was checked out. So I picked up the only other book currently available by Ms. Bond, "Seduction By The Book", just to see if I'd like her other non-series stuff. The answer? Not so much. It sounds like a cute enough premise -- the single, lonely women of the Red Tote Book Club decide to use their favorite romance novel as more or less an instruction book for how to seduce the men they have crushes on. But...more
Gladys Turner
A book club where you can choose your own fantasy naughty book and seduce someone in real life.

Three planed seduction gone right.

Cassie Goodwin in "Lady Chatterley's Lover" shows her ex what they've been missing under the sheets can be found in a tantric chair.

Page Sharpe becomes her boss's boss in "Venus in Furs"

Wendy Trainer decides to seduce her best friend in "Fanny Hill" ,but without realizing that it was her he wanted all along.

Jacqueline Mays in "The Slave" finds the best partner for her...more
Samantha
For the Super Librarian TBR Book Challenge.

August 17 - Steamy reads

Ok. This was quite steamy! I will keep this review short because my parents are on Goodreads ;-)

I liked the idea of the Red Tote Book Club, where a group of women gater to discuss erotic fiction. They are all challenged by the leader to use the ideas in the books they read to go out and seduce a man. It is essential four short stories in one book. An easy, quick read. Will read more by Stephanie Bond in the future.

Sachki
This was a good book about a book club who reads and discusse erotic books/novels and when the leader of the book club comes up with a daring idea for the members to find a book and use it to seduce the man they want and then report if the book helps or hurt it turns out to be a discovery for all involved the women get to find out things about themselves that they never imagined and it has alot of good ends as well would love to see this as a movie.
Sally Kilpatrick
Nothing like a Stephanie Bond book for excellent writing, a creative premise, AND some serious steam. Seduction by the Book follows members of a book club as they go to the erotic classics to pull off their own seductions. Um, you probably don't want to give this as a Mother's Day gift--unless, of course, it's a gift to yourself.
Holly
I guess it shouldnt be a surprise since its a harlequin, but I was surprised at how romantic this book actually was. It was fun and sweet and has made me want to see what else Ms. Bond has written.
Haylie
This is a collection of 4 stories about a women book club, i really enjoyed all of the stories and i could really relate to Page and her story...(except the part about being a dominatrix! lol.)
Normandy
This book was hot and sexy. Don't read it in public unless you want people to see you blush.
Diah Didi
3 stars for first and third story.
2 stars for the second.
1 star for the fourth.
Shawna
Hot, in an empowered woman kind of way!
Delilah Trenaman
This was alright but Not the greatest.
Ladiibbug
Sep 22, 2009 Ladiibbug marked it as wish-list  ·  review of another edition
Rel. Date 10/1/09
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Jan Patterson
Jan Patterson marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Shannon Cheatham
Shannon Cheatham marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Jen Smith Keller
Jen Smith Keller marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Monika Matel-Sousa
Monika Matel-Sousa marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Melanie Sausser-Burke
Melanie Sausser-Burke marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Kerri Simons
Kerri Simons marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no formal training in writing (he...more
More about Stephanie Bond...
Body Movers (Body Movers, #1) 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2) 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3) 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5) 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)