Start by marking “Crash Bang Donkey!” as Want to Read:
Crash Bang Donkey!

Crash Bang Donkey!

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Published March 1st 2010 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crash Bang Donkey!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crash Bang Donkey!

Dawn Early
Book Title: Crash Bang Donkey! By Jill Newton

Short Description of the Book: A farmer is having problems with crows eating his crops. His farm is extremely quiet and then Donkey comes playing his loud music. The farmer does not like it until he realizes the crows do not like it either. Donkey is then aloud to play and the farmer is happy.

FOCUS: Narrative Features:
1) Narrative Structure: There is a lot of dialogues in this book.
2) The author uses onomatopoeia to convey the message of how loud th
Kari Huddleston
I really liked the pictures in the book! I also loved how the donkey reminded me of a teenager trying to practice in a band when he would call the farmer farmer g!
Dee-Ann
I read this last ight to my son, who enjoyed it. This book is about a farmer who spends a lot of night hours tryng to keep the crows away from his corn, and during the day he is sleeping. Along comes a donkey, who is very noisy and musical. The other animals tell the donkey to be quiet, but the farmer is already awakened and he tellls the donkey to leave. Soon it is discovered however that the noise the donkey makes keeps the crows away and he is invited to stay. The talking animals annoyed me a ...more
Loren
Things are quiet on Peaceful Farm... until Donkey shows up! First he makes a racket with his great big drum and tootling trumpet. Then he raises a ruckus banging the piano and jamming his guitar! Farmer Gruff, of course, isn't pleased at all. But one day, everyone realizes that just as there's a time to be quiet, there's a time to be noisy, too, and at last Donkey discovers his purpose.
Iamaby En
-really like the illustrations
-probably good for a music-themed storytime
-okay for toddler storytime, since the text is fairly short and there are parts that you can sing to keep it interesting/varied
-sort of a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer kind of story (where characters ignore/chastise/make-fun-of the main character until he/she proves his/her usefulness)
Amy
This was a great book for my Storytime Theme of Music. The book goes through several different instruments that the donkey plays. Plus, the lesson of there is a time to be quiet and a time to be loud is one that every preschooler needs to know
Mandy
Farmer Gruff is sleep deprived because the crows keep eating his corn. To make matters worse, Donkey is also keeping him up with his music. How will Farmer Gruff ever get any sleep?
Edna
All the farm animals try to get Donkey to stop playing his instruments and waking up Farmer until they all realize that his loud music has some benefits.
Kelly
I liked this book more for the illustrations than the actual story. Overall, it was cute, but it seemed too wordy for me.
Susan
Could see using in a storytime about quiet and loud especially with some music-making at the end.
Heather
I thought it was slightly silly, but my 2-year-old nephew wanted repeat readings.
And no, I don't just love it for her last name! Lots of clean illustrations and fun text.
Peacegal
A musical donkey uses his talents to help save a fantasy farm from hungry crows.
Tina
donkeys, farm, music, noise, time to be loud & a time to be quiet
Samantha Hastings
Fun cartoon illustrations, text boring.
Susan Erhardt
A rather odd story, but kind of cute.
Shannon
This donkey is funny!
Lisa
Think Donkey from Shrek.
Amber
Amber added it
Aug 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Bored! Bored! Bored! Gordon in Charge Don't Wake Mr Bear! Cat-Fish Peek-a-Boo Mama