Start by marking “Love, Love, Love (Romantic Comedies)” as Want to Read:
Love, Love, Love (Romantic Comedies)

Love, Love, Love (Romantic Comedies)

3.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  275 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Two sweet stories about finding your one true love.

In Language of Love, Janna is quickly adapting to life in Seattle as a high school exchange student from Hungary. Or at least Julian, the cute boy she met in a coffee shop, thinks she is. The truth is, he overheard Janna using a phony accent, and now she’s stuck playing the part….Will Julian want to be with the real Janna
Published December 21st 2010 by Simon Pulse (first published June 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Love, Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Love, Love

The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsMajor Crush by Jennifer EcholsA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanEndless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Simon Romantic Comedies
42nd out of 46 books — 271 voters
The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsDrive Me Crazy by Erin DowningA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanMajor Crush by Jennifer Echols
Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies
35th out of 39 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Erica
Aug 18, 2011 Erica rated it liked it
Language of Love - 3.5 stars

Predictable and fun, Language of Love is an adorable read that will be sure to entice readers. The plot was a bit elementary, as any girl should realize pretending to be someone you are not never ends up well. The plot was quite predictable, but that's part of the charm of the romantic story.

The plot was very cute, despite the initial drawbacks I had. The story was very easy to get caught up in, and it was a lot of fun. Deborah Reber does a really great job transport
(;Missy.Lala;)
Kathy
Mar 24, 2011 Kathy rated it really liked it
two stories in one Cupidity and Language of love
Language of Love is the first story in the book, its about a girl Janna who has to pretend to be someone she is not because she was talking in an accent with her friend and 2 boys went up to them and just started to talk to them. After that they went on a few dates and after the few dates Janna realizes taht she doesnt fell right lying to Julian the guy that thinks shes from a foreign country, but sooner or later he does finds out and everything ju
Heidi
Sep 17, 2011 Heidi rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, read-2011
This 452-page tome include two stories from Simon Pulse, Simon & Shuster's divison for contemporary teen fiction. The first story, Language of Love, finds Janna in a bind after she puts on a foreign accent to impress a boy, then finds that she must keep up the accent and supposed lifestyle of a foreign exchange students if she is to keep the interest of that boy. Or does she? Janna has been somewhat of a shy wallflower so having a boy want to be with her is thrilling. Her confidence soars an ...more
Panda
Jan 05, 2013 Panda rated it liked it
Well this is just a quick note about the cover. While it is cute enough (although has nothing to do with the story) i hate the fact that Simon pulse gave up the cute cartoon style covers and started grouping books. Which half the time have nothing in common. Especially when I look at the gorgeous cover we could of had.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Not to mention the title of love, love, love is so generalised that it took me months before I actually picked it up at the library and only brought it home when I realised that
Paige Mix
Aug 05, 2015 Paige Mix rated it really liked it
Books were okay. They were good but wished there was more events. Loved all the characters, and the romantic situations. Loved how it showed how love is trust. Loved all the lessons to learn from both stories my favorite was Cupidity. Loved how it brought together Cupid and the gods, Zeus, and Athena. Great way to add that in to the story. Went well with the rest of the story. Loved the purpose of Cupid.
Mesa
Apr 10, 2011 Mesa rated it liked it
In Love, Love, Love, you get 2 books for the price of 1. Deborah Reber’s, Language of Love, is book 1. Caroline Goode’s, Cupidity, is book 2.

Language of Love: I gave it 3 stars.
It’s Deborah’s first debut novel and I really liked it. It was nice, cute and fun read for sure. This book has good lesson in it for teens about self discovery and influence by those who are around you.

Cupidity: I gave it 2 stars.
I was really excited to read the second book because I really liked Language of Love. I guess
Katie
Mar 17, 2016 Katie rated it liked it
"Language of Love" was a really good, funny book. "Cupidity" however was not. "Cupidity" was the most stupid book I have read in my entire life! So fake and not even real! I cringed and couldn't even finish it!
Christie
Jan 22, 2012 Christie rated it it was ok
It's interesting to read that most reviewers preferred the first story, Language of Love, over the second, Cupidity.
I didn't care for the first story at all. Whether because it was trite, stereotypical teenage angst or because I get too much of that teenage angst on a regular basis, I can't say. But I do know that the characters were annoying and the storyline completely predictable.
The second story was more interesting because of the modernization of the mythological figures. Despite being be
Ro
Language of Love: 3.5 Stars

Language of Love was such a light and adorable read! It reminded me of a Candy Apple book—just aimed for an older audience, though. The characters were adorable (like Julian and his green-gray eyes), the plot simple but fun, and the basic (albeit, overused) moral of being yourself skillfully established.

Overall, I got an overwhelming feeling of familiarity when reading this Candy Apple-like book! It's a definite read if you're feeling down and need something fluffy.
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
So far I have only read Language of Love, so that is what I am reviewing.
Janna is a shy and outgoing person until she starts pretending to be an exchange student from Hungary. It is a twisting journey to see how she got herself into it, and learned a lot about herself in the process. I can see how the lie could continue and sympathize with her since I have often wished for a chance for a fresh start, to be someone else.
Her best friends Molly and Emm are well written and play great supporting
Melissa Oomens
Aug 05, 2015 Melissa Oomens rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Language of Love was cute, but Cupidity annoyed me to no end. The writing was choppy, they kept mixing up mythology, and the plot line was all over the place.
Eindray24
Feb 14, 2016 Eindray24 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cupid, hungry, love
Another amazing story. Two stories in 1 book
Emma
Jan 30, 2014 Emma rated it really liked it
I had already read the second novel, but Language of Love is really cute and a super quick read.
Johanna
Aug 06, 2015 Johanna rated it it was ok
The first book was kinda predictable and the protagonist didn't seem to have that much depth.
The second book was awesome. So if you get this text just go straight to the second book.
Dory
Nov 17, 2012 Dory rated it really liked it
I liked both books, though Cupidity took a while for me to get into. I love the Greek mythology part of it - so unique! Cupid becoming Cupidity was a little weird and unrealistic, especially the name and her/his behavior. Like, Cupid's a guy - shouldn't he be at least a little uncomfortable acting like a girl?
Jiliane NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
LANGUAGE OF LOVE - 5 stars!!!!
Cupidity - 1 star
Whole book - 3 stars

I only read "language of love" for this review. I loved language of love. But cupidity didnt interest me. So I had to give this book only 3 stars. If I could review the stories separately is give language of love 5 stars.
Sarah Erickson
Aug 18, 2012 Sarah Erickson rated it it was ok
It took me forever to get through this. I couldn't get into the plot and I hated the characters I just-ugh. I skipped words and then sentences and then whole paragraphs just to get to the end. I rarely ever stop reading a book but I came close for this one.
Alena C.
Oct 17, 2014 Alena C. rated it liked it
It was funny and interesting!
Carissa
Nov 09, 2011 Carissa rated it it was amazing
I only read Language of Love so far and it was great. Janna pretends to be someone she isn't . 5 stars.

Cupidity is about Laura wanting a boyfriend. So Cupid pretends to be a girl, to help Laura. 4 stars...
Muyi
Apr 06, 2012 Muyi rated it it was amazing
it is on of my favorite book now,its because it has drama with the whole best friend in love with you situation and the fake accent its a really good book i am sure you will like it if you are into drama
Ratforce
Aug 24, 2011 Ratforce added it
Shelves: teen, romance, light, gentle
This new teen romance contains two separate stories by two different authors, but both stories are light and fun explorations of teen love, and without some of the graphic content you don’t enjoy.
Aditi
Jun 15, 2011 Aditi rated it liked it
I loved the first story: Language of Love. It was a cute short story that you can relate to. Cupidity was okay-ish but I didn't find it as interesting as Language of Love.
Carolyn
Aug 04, 2013 Carolyn rated it it was ok
The first story was ok, pretty predictable. So 2 stars for that one. The second one had some really funny moments so 3 stars for that one. Over all they were cute, not too deep.
Yekaterina
Aug 25, 2012 Yekaterina rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
The second story appealed to me a lot more than the first. I enjoyed both and they were a quick and easy read. I was glad that the second story had some fantasy in it!
Jia Hui
Mar 23, 2012 Jia Hui rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
Gave the book 3 stars because of the first story. The second story was weird what with all the mythology references and cupidity was a bit twisted as well.
Allie
Mar 05, 2012 Allie rated it liked it
The first book was slightly better... the second seemed a little different- it was sort of all over the place
Bay Vinix
Jun 19, 2012 Bay Vinix rated it liked it
Cupidity had some not-so-solid points. They both did, actually, but I liked Language Of Love better.
Jayla Johnson
Not the best stories but still likeable. A good read if you're bored.
Amber Bird
Oct 14, 2013 Amber Bird rated it did not like it
first one was good.....and the second story was to cheesy for me
  • A Funny Thing About Love: Dancing Queen; Prom Crashers; Drive Me Crazy
  • Perfect Shot
  • Animal Attraction
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Winter's Kiss: The Ex Games; The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Love on Cue
  • In the Stars
  • Hating Olivia: A Love Story
  • Royally Crushed (Royally Jacked, #1-3)
  • Crush du Jour (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • Hard to Get
  • Struck: Stupid Cupid; Flirting with Disaster; Pucker Up
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Rae: My True Story of Fear, Anxiety, and Social Phobia
  • Lunch with Lenin and Other Stories
  • ChocoMimi, Volume 5
  • Daughter of Winter
Debbie is a a bestselling author, sought-after speaker, and life coach who is passionate about giving girls practical tools to help them rock their lives.

She is the author of multiple books for young adults and women, including "Doable: The Girl’s Guide to Accomplishing Just About Anything," "Language of Love," "Chill: Stress Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You," "In Their Shoes
More about Deborah Reber...